Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Graphics Card prob

Page: 1 of 1
 piratebd
05-02-2004, 4:36 AM
yo dudes/dudettes

i really really really really wanna buy this game!!! but unfortunately...i have a mere 32 MB GeForce 256 [for those who dont know...its a GeForce 1]

but i also have a Pentium 4 -2.4 Ghz processor, a 256 MB ram and a creative soundblaster soundcard!!!! i havent seen this post anywhere and i also know that the minimum requirements is a GeForce 2, but i want to hear from a guy who has played the game and stuff...but please please please please please please please reply honestly!!![im desperate in case u havent figured it out yet!!!!]:( :( :ewok: :(
 pascalneder009
05-03-2004, 8:46 AM
Originally posted by piratebd

i havent seen this post anywhere]

doesn't matter prime isn't here
what is your question btw:confused:
 Prime
05-03-2004, 1:22 PM
Unfortunately, I would say that you are probably out of luck. KOTOR is pretty graphics intensive. Before I upgraded I used a GeForce 2 with 512 RAM, and it struggled pretty bad. :(
 piratebd
05-03-2004, 10:51 PM
my problem is that i wanna ask if KOTOR will work on a P4-2.4 Ghz, with 256 MB ram, soundblaster live and a GeForce 256 [GeForce 1]

i really appreciate ur hep
 Prime
05-04-2004, 1:55 PM
From the posts I've seen here and elsewhere, I would probably no. The graphics card is the big problem.
 Anach
05-04-2004, 6:00 PM
Save your pennies. An ATI 9200 or FX5200 (which is not as fast from experience) is very cheap. You could buy the card for almost the cost of the game.

Stop buying games until you can play them :)
 Quisor
05-10-2004, 6:38 PM
OVERCLOCKING IS THE ANSWER!!!!

Get your virtual memory up to 5 gigs or so (the max. windows allows), and then down some settings (especially things that have to do with particles) and I was able to run it on a geforce 2 mx 100 (that's a 32mb card) with 256 RAM. I was able to slowly tweak the settings...get textures to high...maybe some grass...then I got 512 more ram, and a radeon 9800 pro, so it became a moot point ;)
 piratebd
05-21-2004, 10:22 PM
yes its true!!!! KOTOR actually worked on my PC...i tooka chance and bought it anyway and turned off grass and shadows and voila!!!!! KOTOR!!!!!!!yay!!!i didnt overclock or anything...it works normalyy on my GeForce 256 32 MB!!!!!

ok fine...it does get sluggish occasionally but only when i enter a new area[mostly cities] or when there's a lot of fighting happening at one certain area!!! other than that...its SO SWEET!!!!! i already finished it once as the light side with the mantle of the force lightsaber with upari and solari crystals and ulic qel droma's robes!!!!! im sooo happy!!!!!!!

wll...thanks anyways...i really appreciate it!!!:D
 Prime
05-25-2004, 1:38 PM
Glad to hear it works...
Page: 1 of 1