Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

falling injurys

Page: 1 of 1
 Eagle Warrior
04-29-2004, 3:15 PM
i think that if you fall off a building you will get injured. it would be dumb if you didnt. also area effect like fires spread and debris will be included
 Isair
04-29-2004, 4:44 PM
Well on the information available, not much is known about destructible terrain or how much damage you from falls. I would assume that you would otherwise it's just silly.
 StormHammer
04-30-2004, 5:17 AM
Taking damage from long falls is pretty much standard in FPS games these days. There are some exceptions, but most online games I play have falling damage as part of the package, so it's a pretty safe bet that SWBF will include it.
 Mountainforest
04-30-2004, 11:32 AM
I think that if you fall on Endor, Ewoks will come to catch you!!!!
 Eagle Warrior
04-30-2004, 3:16 PM
if you are a imp you will drfinitally not be caught you will be walking around with sticks poking out of you. you will be a porkipine:p
 Huntsman
04-30-2004, 4:31 PM
I'm sure there will be falling damage. The question is whether they'll get the falling damage right. Most games I've played, you either take too little damage from too high falls or, far more annoying, you take far too much damage from too short a fall.

2 examples are

- Medal of Honor allied assault where you could jump down like 4 stories and lose only 20% health

and

- BF1942 where I've killed myself hopping into a landing craft or going down stairs too fast.

I don't know why the game physics of falling damage seems so hard to get right by developers but I would prefer they err on the side of taken less damage than more damage. Though both are unrealistic, taking too much damage from a short fall is both unrealistic AND horrendously frustrating.
 Eagle Warrior
04-30-2004, 4:36 PM
yes it is fusteration when you fall and you get half of your life down. all you got to do it be a clone trooper that has a jet pack and you will be fine.:D
 Sounds Risky
04-30-2004, 4:45 PM
Originally posted by Huntsman
BF1942 where I've killed myself . . . going down stairs too fast.

I find the best way to go down stairs is start running down them and then go prone so you get to slide down and get no damage! Loads of fun.
 Eagle Warrior
05-05-2004, 12:26 PM
yes but what do you do when your in mid air and run out of fuel:( yes it is fusteration when you fall and you get half of your life down. all you got to do it be a clone trooper that has a jet pack and you will be fine.
 Deeo
05-05-2004, 5:00 PM
I believe that SWBF should use Half-Life's falling damage.

It doesn't matter how far you fall (I've fallen for literally 1 whole minute in an extreme vertical map) and as long as you land in even the tiniest PUDDLE of water then you won't take any damage at all.
 Isair
05-06-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Eagle Warrior
yes but what do you do when your in mid air and run out of fuel:(

No one is sure whether or not jet packs actaully consume fuel but good question.
 Eagle Warrior
05-06-2004, 12:20 PM
if it was realistic then oyu would run out of fuel and have to find some on the battlefield.
 Whoopknacker
05-06-2004, 1:01 PM
The longer the distance you fall from, the more damage you should take. Obviously if you fall to a certain extent you die. I wonder what they will do about pilots ejecting. Will they have anti-gravity shoes or something. They can eject in space in case youre wondering. Remember when Porkins was having problems with his Xwing and Biggs told him to eject. It would be weird seeing someone just floating in space.

:biggs: :deathstar
 AndritVoor
05-06-2004, 11:53 PM
Well, Rebel Fighters have ejection seats w/ jets. I dont know about TIE Fighters. THey are meant to be disposable, and thus dont have a standard ejection seat.
 Eagle Warrior
05-07-2004, 7:44 AM
well when you in a tie fighter all you do is crash and make sure you hit someting in the prosses to damage it and not make your life not worht some thing.

:rifle1: :snip2: :blast5: :laugh6: :litang:
 pink lightsaber
05-08-2004, 6:38 PM
instead of the jet back running out of fuel it can be like in swbounty hunter where you can use but after a while you have to wait for it to recharge.
 Eagle Warrior
05-09-2004, 2:07 PM
maby i hope it is like that fly around then sit in a safe place and recharge:atat:
Page: 1 of 1