Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

File accociations

Page: 1 of 1
 lauser
04-28-2004, 11:50 AM
I know this is a little off topic but I thought I would post here in case anyone else has encountered this:

I need to know why windows will not accociate my shader files with NOTEPAD. I had a friend get rid of some virus crap on this comp yesterday. And now for some reason I can't get windows to open shader files with NOTEPAD. If I can't do this I can't put them into a PK3 file and complete a map. I can open it it Wordpad but then the shader wont work. It HAS to be NOTEPAD or I'm screwed.
 Fracman
04-28-2004, 1:50 PM
1. Shaders saved with Wordpad work as well (at least using Win NT/2k)... just make sure you save the shader as plain text file and not as .wri or .doc :p
2. check the file association of the explorer (somewhere in the options, file types or so) if really there is notepad
3. if not, reassign .shader with notepad:
open explorer,
select a .shader file,
press & hold the SHIFT key and click on it with the right mouse key,
select "Open with...", in the popup that opens (may take a while) check the box "open always with selected application"
and select Notepad
Click apply, and ok / close.
4. double-click on the shader file... does it open in Notepad?

If this did not help... you may check the registry, but thats never a good idea unless you know exactly what you do there...
 jon_hill987
04-28-2004, 2:59 PM
have a look in folder options on the file types tab, you can add more assotiations maualy.
Page: 1 of 1