Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What other games are you looking forward to?

Page: 1 of 1
 StormHammer
04-28-2004, 8:06 AM
I'm just curious to know which other games people are waiting for. I've made a Wishlist (http://users.ign.com/wishlist/StormHamar?objType=1) over at IGN for the titles on my gaming radar. SWBF is obviously among them.

Dungeon Lords looks like it could be a great 3rd person RPG game with direct combat.

Advent Rising is an interesting-looking title with a story by Orson Scott Card.

So, what's on your gaming radar? What games are you excited about? :)
 Doomie
04-28-2004, 8:33 AM
Hmm. my list would be a lot shorter and it would have Half-life 2 at number one, nut most games are really cool. you, my friend, have got taste!
 Isair
04-28-2004, 3:06 PM
Right now I'm looking at Half-Life 2, Halo 2, and Earth 2160. Highly doubtful of World of Warcraft so I didn't include it.
 Isair
04-28-2004, 3:08 PM
That also includes Battlefront, of course.
 VanLingo
04-29-2004, 3:35 PM
I'm pretty psyched about Middle Earth Online, Riddick, Gran Turismo 4, Battlefront, and Syphon Filter: Omega Strain.
And if they make SW: Galaxies for the PS2, I'll be getting that as well.

-- Lingo
 Gabrobot
04-29-2004, 9:24 PM
Besides Battlefront and Republic Commando, I'm looking forward to Doom 3... (it'll be nice to work with an engine with better support for large levels after I've done so much struggling getting JA to do just one square mile)
 StormHammer
04-30-2004, 5:31 AM
Originally posted by Gabrobot
Besides Battlefront and Republic Commando, I'm looking forward to Doom 3... (it'll be nice to work with an engine with better support for large levels after I've done so much struggling getting JA to do just one square mile)

You might want to look at Far Cry's Sandbox editor. You can build whole islands. I'm told it's very good, although I've not tried the editor myself. You can snipe from over a virtual mile away in the game...and see a lot further.

Another game on the horizon that should support 'massive' levels is STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl. The game world for that game is supposed to be about 20 square kilometres...made up of seamlessly stitched together levels...
 Gabrobot
04-30-2004, 1:04 PM
Originally posted by StormHammer
You might want to look at Far Cry's Sandbox editor. You can build whole islands. I'm told it's very good, although I've not tried the editor myself. You can snipe from over a virtual mile away in the game...and see a lot further.

Far Cry does look interesting, but from what I've heard, it's a terrain/model system which isn't what I'm used to. Also, I've already dedicated myself and bought Lightwave and might even have a large Doom 3 MOD project in the works soon, so I can't really turn back now... :)
 pink lightsaber
04-30-2004, 6:52 PM
Here is my list
1.Halo 2
2.swbattlefront
3.sw rupublic commando
4.Metal gear solid snake eater
5.crash bandicoot twinsanity
6.Mortal kombat VI

Ps. all of these except for maybe crash bandicoot twinsanity and possibly Mortal Kombat VI ,not sure yet, will be for the ps2. I have not seen any good cube games cept maybe metroid 2. So the rest will be for xbox.
 GlobalStrike
05-01-2004, 1:23 AM
So far, i'm most looking forward to Halo 2 and Star wars Battlefront. But i'll keep my eyes open for other good looking titles as well. :jawa :jawa
 Sabretooth
05-01-2004, 1:53 AM
Not much, I'm deciding which game to follow. BTW, will my nVidia Riva TNT2 (32 MB VRAM) supprot KOTOR? I really want it...
 Nim Namhir
05-05-2004, 1:16 PM
I'm waiting for:

1. World of Warcraft! :D

2. SW: Battlefornt (I hope there will be a lot of tactic in this game...) ;)

3. Operation Flashpoint :cool:
 Deeo
05-06-2004, 1:05 AM
Whoo.

Let's see...

PS2
-----

Demon Stone
Final Fantasy XII
Gran Turismo 4
God of War
Samurai Warriors
Dead to Rights II
XenoSaga Ep II

PC
---

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
DOOM III
Half-Life2
Team Fortress 2
Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude
Battlefront (d'uh)
World of WarCraft
City of Heroes
Full Spectrum Warrior
Men of Valor
Unreal III
Serious Sam 2
Rome - Total War
 leXX
05-06-2004, 5:17 AM
Half-Life 2
Halo 2
Starcraft: Ghost
Republic Commando
Doom 3
Duke Nukem Forever
Jade Empire
Metal Slug Advance
Pariah
Perfect Dark Zero
STALKER
Battlefront
KotOR 2
LotR: Battle for Middle Earth
Matrix Online
X-Men Legends
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
 Isair
05-06-2004, 12:07 PM
Add the Knights of The Old Republic sequel to my list! :D
 joesdomain
05-06-2004, 5:03 PM
I am looking forward to only a couple of good games.

Star Wars Battlefront (PS2)-September 21, 2004
Star Wars Episode III game (PS2)-May, 2005
Mercenaries(PS2)-Early 2005*

*I might buy it depending on the what the trailers and previews look like and if they don't have any more Star Wars PS2 video games besides Star Wars Battlefront coming out between now and January 1, 2005.

I would of been interested in Star Wars Republic Commando and Star Wars KOTOR II: The Sith Lords on PC if my computer was not out of date. It is a shame star wars video games can not run on Pentium III 667MHz, 128MB memory, and 8MB video cards anymore. Oh well, I guess Lucasarts is not getting my money for those games.
 StormHammer
05-06-2004, 10:45 PM
I had to add a few more to my list, including Starship Troopers, an FPS game that was announced a while ago (hopefully it's not been cancelled), and Pariah, which is a new game being developed by Digital Extremes (of Unreal fame).
 joesdomain
05-07-2004, 1:54 AM
I usually buy certain games. I usually buy Star Wars video games for PC that have specifications that require a video card that is 8MB or smaller and runs on a Pentium III 667MHz or less. I usually buy Star Wars games for playstation one and playstation 2 and sometimes other Lucasarts games. I have all the Medal of Honor series on Playstation one and 2. I am hoping for another one of those.
 Darth_ToMeR
05-10-2004, 9:32 AM
KOTOR2
 SkullHW™
05-10-2004, 12:54 PM
Star Wars : The absolutely last game.

And that isn't funny......:(
Page: 1 of 1