Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Day of The Tentacle WinXP Problems...

Page: 1 of 1
 jaytea
04-24-2004, 5:56 PM
I've just recently started getting back into PC-gaming, more specifically going through the LucasArts adventure games that I loved playing when I was a decade-younger.

So far, scummVM has worked fine for most of the games I've tried. I've scanned through many pages in the mixnmojo network and noted the problems that other people have been experiencing, and I must say I've been pretty lucky, only needing minor tweaks here and there to fix things. (I'm not a big techie either).

So far I've had no problems playing these games (all non-talkie) under ScummvmQ&E:
Monkey Island 1
Monkey Island 2
Indiana Jones & Fate Of Atlantis.

These games I've been lucky enough to be able to run straight off winXP with no problems so far:
Curse of Monkey island (no problems, 1st install worked)
Escape From Monkey Island (patched)
Grim Fandango (patched & running off hard drive)

One of the games I'm encountering problems with (while installing all my old lucasarts games prepping for a big marathon) is Day Of The Tentacle.

Basically, the install works fine.
I run the game from ScummVM Q&E, and sit back and watch the intro. as soon as the tentacles stop by the sludge and the screen is supposed to change to them talking, the screen goes black and returns me to my windows desktop.

I've tried un-installing and re-installing, and looking for other versions of DoTT online to try them out. All have the same problem.

I am running a PIII-500MHz intel computer.
my o/s is Windows XP
I have 392mb or RAM
graphics card is nVIDIA RIVA TNT2 with 32mb RAM

I hope somebody can help me get this (and my other game FT) working...

Thanks in advance.
 bgbennyboy
04-30-2004, 3:22 PM
In Scummvm Q+E click 'daily build' to get the latest version of ScummVM, see if this fixes it.

If not, try getting the last official release (060) from here (http://www.scummvm.org/downloads.php)
Page: 1 of 1