Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

rivers

Page: 1 of 1
 Eagle Warrior
04-19-2004, 3:58 PM
i have though about this but cant come to a conclution. in the game would infintry be able to go into the water or would they have to sue the bridge. also the waterfalls would be able to go underneith them and there be a ledge that you can shoot from.
 Fleab
04-19-2004, 5:09 PM
I have also wondered if infintry would be able to go into the water some. My guess would be they could. It would make sense at least. I suposse part of it would depend on the map. And if you where in the water it would probebly be a big disadvantage for you since you would most likely move rather slow and be a easy target.
 Woad
04-19-2004, 7:38 PM
Well in BF you can swim but you move pretty slow and you can't use any of your weapons. I imagine SW will use a similar system, it would be pretty hard afterall to fire a blaster while swimming.

Eh, how would you propose you be able to snipe through a waterfall? Wouldn't it be kinda hard to see anything at all?
 Gukkjo
04-19-2004, 7:58 PM
There was a screenshot with an AT-ST (I think) going through water. I imagine then, that infantry could go in as well. It would lose a realistic feel if you came to the edge of the water and stopped because you couldn't swim in it.

Like the others said, you would be at a disadvantage swimming, howver, so it may be better to use a bridge, but i hope you are not forced to.
 Eagle Warrior
04-19-2004, 10:13 PM
Eh, how would you propose you be able to snipe through a waterfall? Wouldn't it be kinda hard to see anything at all? :) thats why you look out of the side of the waterfall or shoot through randomly.
 Evil Dark Jedi
04-20-2004, 3:40 AM
I think if the water is shallow you could run across it.If the water is about waist deep you go slow and if the water is above the head you need to find a bridge.

:bdroid2:
 Woad
04-20-2004, 3:44 AM
Works for me. But when it gets down to it, how many maps do we think we'll actually even have water on? I mean, two? Maybe three?
 Deeo
04-20-2004, 3:44 AM
I think I read somewhere where you can actually swim in Battlefront and I don't mean like in BF42, I mean like in any other FPS being able to dive and shoot.

But... I could have been just reading about Battlefield 2. Heh.

It'd be cool if you could use electricity-based (bound to be some!) weapons in a river or a small puddle with an AT-ST in it which causes the AT-ST/AT to short out or stun it for a few seconds.
 Evil Dark Jedi
04-20-2004, 3:46 AM
I think water is on Endor Yavin Naboo and Kamino.I am sure about Naboo and Kamino

:bdroid2:
Page: 1 of 1