Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Big Mod, descision time! please read

Page: 1 of 1
 Doom_Dealer
04-18-2004, 2:20 PM
ok, sorry to makea new thread of this but i want everyone to notice, so,
are we all decided on making a new planet???

and if so what planet out of:

Corellia
Yavin VII
Alderaan
Coruscant
Sleheyron City
 |_ord_Re\/en
04-18-2004, 2:23 PM
CORUSANT ALL THE WAY THAT WOULD ROCK IF THERE WAS A CORUSANT :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
 Darth Straker
04-18-2004, 2:25 PM
Alderaan would be pretty interesting.
 Doom_Dealer
04-18-2004, 2:27 PM
ive voted for yavin, i could see it being quite feezable using shadowlands modules, possilbe retextured sith valley. etc, and using the temple on the unknown world etc.
 Caporegime1986
04-18-2004, 3:39 PM
Corellia All the Way! Of Course, after that's done you modders might have to make Alderaan, Yavin, and Slehyeron, and Corusant. I can'd mod, but maybe i'll try someday;)
 Prime
04-18-2004, 4:06 PM
I'd like to see Coruscant.
 Seprithro
04-18-2004, 4:47 PM
yavin would be good that could work into a backstory really well with exar kun or something
 ShadowSoldier
04-18-2004, 8:45 PM
Originally posted by Seprithro
yavin would be good that could work into a backstory really well with exar kun or something

word!
with exar kun armor,gauntlets,etc and lightsabers and stuff..
 Doom_Dealer
04-18-2004, 9:47 PM
not trying to influence the vote or anything, but Taris is basicallyt what coruscant would look like, bearing in mind that we cant make new areas, only edit exhsiting ones, the best we could really do would be to make another taris, maybe slightly bigger, but mostly the same. I know this applies to the other planets, but it would be easier to take differant places from differant planets (i.e shadowlands, sith valley, jedi ruins, unkown temple etc. to make a newer yavin 4) to create a slightly more unique planet,

p.s this vote is lasting till the 28th of April, so vote before hand please!!!
 Hax0redCardz
04-18-2004, 9:52 PM
Originally posted by ShadowSoldier
word!
with exar kun armor,gauntlets,etc and lightsabers and stuff..

I think the MoF crystal is supposed to be from Kun's saber in the game...

Anyway I voted for Sleheyron. I'd love to bring Yuthura along, and since the dialogue files are already there, the planet could be in full sound, rather than just text.
 Caporegime1986
04-18-2004, 10:19 PM
What would Sleheryon look like,
Maybee an Nar Shandaa?
 Doom_Dealer
04-19-2004, 4:52 PM
bump, sorry but i wanna keep this near the top!
 T7nowhere
04-23-2004, 9:11 AM
So is it to be Coruscant(Taris rebuilt) ??
 Jackel
04-23-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
So is it to be Coruscant(Taris rebuilt) ??

looks to be

next job , quests , npcs , dialogue , items , retexturing the landscape , backdrops if at all possible ..
 JedI_XtRmIsT
04-23-2004, 12:48 PM
well courusant it is then i personally voted for corelia because we could make a short story line where we meet and talk to Han Solo's ancestors

but oh well just a thought personally i'd like another planet with stuff to do on it that would make the game longer cuz as it is i can go through the game and beat it in under 3 hours just because i know where everything is and i know what neweds to be done thanks to me playing it on the XBox a dozen times before getting it on the pc
 T7nowhere
04-23-2004, 2:48 PM
Originally posted by Jackel
looks to be

next job , quests , npcs , dialogue , items , retexturing the landscape , backdrops if at all possible ..

All of those thing Are possible It is just going to take a lot of work.

I actually voted for Sleheyron. Something about it just sounded fun :)
 Prime
04-23-2004, 4:45 PM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
I actually voted for Sleheyron. Something about it just sounded fun :) Don't ruin my Coruscant dreams, t7! :D
 Doom_Dealer
04-23-2004, 4:52 PM
ok.so i know theres still about 5 days left, but i think we still have a clear winner, so are we all agreed, Coruscant???? (not my vote but its up 2 every1)
 *Atris*
04-23-2004, 6:33 PM
I think it should be shelyron, it offers new side quests, you could use the recruitible yuthura ban and end up going to shelyron and freeing slaves which could also take you to back to tatooine wiv motta the hutt having a twielik slave.

PS> Is it possible to do taris after its attack or do you need model editing???
 Caporegime1986
04-24-2004, 12:50 AM
I lost. Damn Corusant. Well, maybe after courusant.
If anyone wants me to write a storyline (like a story that yous can put in zee game) for courusant, I'll gladly do it, I'm a pretty good righter (cept I cant spell).
-Capo
 tk102
04-24-2004, 1:38 AM
I voted for Corellia too, Caporegime1986, FWIW. :)
 beel2112
04-24-2004, 2:46 AM
I voted for Yavin before I thought to re-read through the previous thread. I mention that because my first thought was "Coruscant's too developed to hide a star map." Then I realized you may or may NOT be adding a star map, so that's kind of irrelevant. So....I don't know. A city would be nice--I'd rather whoop up on sentients that beat up more spiders and bats. ;) Maybe I'll have something a bit more useful to say after perusing the original thread, eh? :D
 Arteale
04-24-2004, 3:02 AM
Originally posted by Doom_Dealer
not trying to influence the vote or anything, but Taris is basicallyt what coruscant would look like, bearing in mind that we cant make new areas, only edit exhsiting ones, the best we could really do would be to make another taris, maybe slightly bigger, but mostly the same. I know this applies to the other planets, but it would be easier to take differant places from differant planets (i.e shadowlands, sith valley, jedi ruins, unkown temple etc. to make a newer yavin 4) to create a slightly more unique planet,

p.s this vote is lasting till the 28th of April, so vote before hand please!!!

*cough* Taris = Coruscant

Wth is Sleheyron City?

I want Yavin IV!
 Darth333
04-24-2004, 3:13 AM
Can we change votes? I voted for Coruscant but after thinking about it, i would prefer another planet, no matter which. Everyone has seen Coruscant in the movies and i believe it would be more interesting to do something new.
 T7nowhere
04-24-2004, 4:56 AM
Originally posted by Darth333
Everyone has seen Coruscant in the movies and i believe it would be more interesting to do something new.

That's what I was thinking. That is why I voted for Sleheyron. Becuase what is that planet is it something bioware made up or is it in EU?
 T7nowhere
04-24-2004, 8:30 AM
I did a search for Sleheyron and found this interview (http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10077&newsid=21597) .

Basicly there is a small snipet from an interview about things that bioware left out of the game at the last min. due to time constriants from. One of the things was Sleheyron!!
 deathdisco
04-24-2004, 2:35 PM
Well I voted for Sleheyron. I figured if there are all ready elements of it in the game, it would make for a better mod. I also like the idea of a possible Yuthura side quest.
 stinkymonz
04-24-2004, 3:37 PM
Wow. interesting. Interesting indeed. Looks like the game could have been alot better had it been unrushed.
Page: 1 of 1