Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Sand_creature in MP?

Page: 1 of 1
 |GG|Carl
04-17-2004, 1:21 PM
Does anyone happen to know if there is any way to get the sand_creature into an MP map?

NOTE: I'm trying to make this (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=113618) (2nd post). :D
 WadeV1589
04-17-2004, 2:56 PM
AFAIK if you try and spawn the sand creature in MP it crashes the game.

In SP it works by being able to go underground which must have been coded into SP. I really don't know if it would be possible at all; I honestly doubt it without some new code.
 [ONE]Mushroom
04-17-2004, 9:15 PM
Originally posted by WadeV1589
AFAIK if you try and spawn the sand creature in MP it crashes the game.

I've spawned sand creatures in MP, but they remain just a dark blob on the ground.

There's no NPC_AI code file for the sand creature, and not a lot of mention of it elsewhere, so I expect it's going to require a lot of coding to get it to work.
 stride
04-17-2004, 9:56 PM
Ive played around with the sand creature in MP before. There is a little invisible nodge thing you can jump on and bounce on and stuff. You can tell where it is becuase it has a little shadow on the ground. If i remember correct it follows you but never pops out unless you hit the invisible nodge thing with a vehicle or something and kill it. Then it pops out of the ground to die. Thats about all it does in MP.
 |GG|Carl
04-18-2004, 8:02 AM
Originally posted by stride
Ive played around with the sand creature in MP before. There is a little invisible nodge thing you can jump on and bounce on and stuff. You can tell where it is becuase it has a little shadow on the ground. If i remember correct it follows you but never pops out unless you hit the invisible nodge thing with a vehicle or something and kill it. Then it pops out of the ground to die. Thats about all it does in MP.
I believie in you guys, but I'd like to try it. So how do I make it spawn?
 [ONE]Mushroom
04-18-2004, 10:44 AM
with cheats (devmap ffa3 or whatever)

/npc spawn sand_creature
 |GG|Carl
04-18-2004, 5:01 PM
Yeah i knew that, but what if I wanna spawn it in the map so it's there when you start playing?
 zag
04-19-2004, 7:37 PM
make an npc spawner with the npc_type sand_creature?
and make a spawn script for it?
Page: 1 of 1