Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

help please

Page: 1 of 1
 Da Vinci
04-16-2004, 5:22 PM
Does anyone know where i can download a thing that opens the .pk3 files? i had one before and know i dont mean winzip.

If there isnt one i can get, how do i make the .zip file back into a .pk3. Because i tried renaming and it just sayes *.pk3.zip

Please help its really bugging me.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
04-16-2004, 7:16 PM
PakScape (http://files.filefront.com/1323402)

You have to "Unhide File Extensions" in Windows 98\ME\XP File\Folder options, so you can change the file extension directly.
 Da Vinci
04-16-2004, 9:01 PM
ok thanks that helped. You see what i was trying to do was make a jawa with gray robes and red eyes, i have these pictures of that but when i put it into assets file my jawa was just a floating lightsaber. Its probable that im just a idiot and i have to do something else besides changing the picture in teh assets file but once again i dont know what to do.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
04-16-2004, 9:54 PM
NEVER ALTER YOU ASSETS FILES!

If you do you won't be able to join "pure" servers or you might even corrupt the file(s) so your game won't work.

If you want to change something in the assets files you override your assets files by making a "mod" (.pk3 file). Put what you want to change in the mod's .pk3 file with a name that starts with a letter B through Z and the game will load it after the assets files (it loads .pk3 files alphabetically), overriding what it loaded from the assets?.pk3 files.

The .pk3 file must store the new files with the same directory structure as the assets files. So if the file you want to change is jawa_head.jpg, and in the assets?.pk3 file it is in the \models\players\jawa directory, the mod .pk3 file has to have the new jawa_head.jpg file in the \models\players\jawa directory inside the mod .pk3 file.

The easiest way to do this is to search www.jk2files.com) , www.pcgamemods.com) , or www.lucasfiles.com) for a jawa skin mod and download it. Change the name of the .pk3 file to whatever you want (name starting with B-Z), then replace or insert your new files into that mod. The mod should already have the correct internal directory structure, which you must maintain. Then put your new .pk3 in your base folder and it will override the standard files.

Simply remove the mod .pk3 file from the base folder to return to normal.
 Da Vinci
04-17-2004, 12:48 PM
oops! well ive fixed it now and im running around with my black evil jawa. Thanks Amidala :D
Page: 1 of 1