Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Modding Team for a big project

Page: 2 of 2
 Seprithro
04-19-2004, 3:02 AM
well that makes it a no-brainer, svosh should diffently be our main man for retextures, i would like to nominate svosh to head up the texturing team, i don't know anyone else that would be better than him, does anyone have a problem with that?
 Doom_Dealer
04-19-2004, 10:25 AM
you may be right mate, but dont go nominating everyone for jobs yet, weve not even decided on exatly what were doing, again im going to say, stop getting ahead of yourself
 PrtyLizardJedi
04-19-2004, 2:09 PM
Ok, now I just need Svцsh's and Tk102's emails.

P.S:A place to post the list would be bonus!
 PrtyLizardJedi
04-19-2004, 2:13 PM
well, a BIT smaller project at the start to see how good we co-operate and such.
I consider Tk102 or T7 for the BIG boss

Also, it's true we need a govermental structure here. Svцsh would be good for a Retexture boss.

THE ALMIGHTY MOD COUNCIL!

A boss for Retexture section, Mod Creation Section, Storyline Section, Items Section and the BIG BOSS!
 Doom_Dealer
04-19-2004, 2:36 PM
did you even bother reading my last thread???
 *Atris*
04-19-2004, 3:36 PM
does story writer create dialog aswell??
 PrtyLizardJedi
04-19-2004, 4:05 PM
Originally posted by Doom_Dealer
did you even bother reading my last thread???

Sorry, I'm just so excited ;_;
 PrtyLizardJedi
04-19-2004, 4:07 PM
Originally posted by lowiej
does story writer create dialog aswell??

I don't suppose so, I'm the other co-writer, and I at least just make up Storylines and Storyline progression
 *Atris*
04-19-2004, 4:09 PM
well can i write dialog for it???
 PrtyLizardJedi
04-19-2004, 4:56 PM
*shrugs* I dunno. Additional Team-member would be nice, whatever

-edit- WE HAVE NO PROJECT ON RIGHT NOW, OKAY!?!?!?!?!?
 Doom_Dealer
04-19-2004, 5:51 PM
lol, i think youve finally got it!
lowiej- just wait a while, when weve got what were doing sorted out we'll decide on whos in, and who does what
 Synthpsi
04-19-2004, 8:13 PM
Al we have right now is the plan to make a major mod using the great talent represented here at the holowan labs, but I'm afraid we need direction and we need it soon or I feel we'll lose the momentum.

BTW, the forum for this particular project is now up @ http://www.adlehyde.net) to provide a little more organization for this project. My suggestion would be to elect a project leader. Afterwards, the members can be organized into teams to divide the work.

And I have to second the Idea for tk102 to lead us. The Code is strong in that one.....:jawa
 T7nowhere
04-19-2004, 8:58 PM
Originally posted by Synthpsi
And I have to second the Idea for tk102 to lead us. The Code is strong in that one.....:jawa

Agreed, if he wants to do it. I'll support it.

I'll do what I can with what needs to be done. I am comfortable in pretty much every area, accept I do fall a little short on texture and scripts. I have always considered my self a problem solver and a detail guy. I am looking into something that I got a gut feeling about, but it may turn up nothing.

Anyway until we have a goal I'll remain a floater. nothing Defined.
 Seprithro
04-19-2004, 10:10 PM
if he wants it tk would be great, if you want it tk step up and take it, then maybe under your direction we can do something more than fill this board, doom plainly said he didn't want to lead, so if you want to go for it, pretty sure everyone would follow you
 tk102
04-19-2004, 11:17 PM
Wow, I'm flattered.

tk102 said:
I can't say how much time I could commit at this point but I do enjoy the R&D of this forum. It keeps bringing me back for more.

I would accept a position as co-leader with T7Nowhere and Gameunlimited. An unholy trinity to be sure. We've worked well together in the past via email/PMs. I think the commitment would be better distributed that way.

T7, GU?
 gameunlimited
04-20-2004, 2:38 AM
I would be happy to accept thee position of a co-leader together with tk and t7, if everyone else agree to it that is. Or if any of you two would like to become the main leader, I am cool with that too.

That being said, here is my main view on this project:

We need someone that is willing and capable to be our story and dialog writer. In my opinion, a good story is what makes a mod stands out of the rest. I restress the words willing and capable. The person has to be capable and fluent in writting in English. It would be very good if the writer has an experience in writting a fanfiction before. Just as important, the person has to be willing. I have attempted to finish my Yuthura mod by adding new dialogues of her and a quest. Out of the two times, all of them failed because the story writer have to back out due to them being very busy. It is not surprising at all as I can see how the story writer will probably be the person with the most workload in such a big project. He has to create the dialogues along with the different branches and options. So, if any of you still want to take this position and also has the skill to write, then probably our biggest problem, in my opinion, is already solved.
 Synthpsi
04-20-2004, 2:59 AM
The current writing team consists of me, PrtyLizardJedi, Seprithro, and a few others. I believe the storyline is very much covered. In fact, PrtyLizardJedi and I will probably be throwing around Ideas for this mod later on the projects site. We have a lot of talent just waiting to be tapped. As soon as we can get organized that is......
 Seprithro
04-20-2004, 3:02 AM
i would very much like to be considered for this task there is a sample of my writing tech. posted in this post on page one
 Doom_Dealer
04-22-2004, 5:49 PM
yup, i agree we have leaders. Gd job thats sorted, u know, im glad i suggested this in the first place :):):)
 JedI_XtRmIsT
04-23-2004, 9:35 PM
well i have a question... what exactly are we gonna do first and what can i do to help in the project since i've already stated what i'm good at and when are we gonna start?
 Doom_Dealer
04-23-2004, 9:41 PM
well what we really need is an instant messaging session of each group (i.e msn messenger) when we have decided whos doing what and in which team.
 JedI_XtRmIsT
04-23-2004, 9:55 PM
well so far we have:
3 retexturers
3 item makers
3 writers
1 weapon editor
1 modder
1 hoster
and
1 undefined

i think for the most part we have the groups needed to begin but u do have a point when u say that we need IM sessions to start and co-ordinate what needs to be done
 Darth333
04-24-2004, 2:48 AM
A lot happened while I was away! Seems like a nice project!

If you need someone else on the team, you can count me in. I could help in various areas including sounds (would need voices).
 tk102
04-24-2004, 2:53 AM
A lot happened while I was away! I thought you'd say that. :)

Glad to have you on the team, Darth333.
 JedI_XtRmIsT
04-24-2004, 6:39 AM
heres an idea every one that wants to help post what messenger program u use and the one that is used the most will be the one we use (just a thought)

i use AIM and Y! Messenger and ICQ (from time to time but i'll have to re-instal it)
 JedI_XtRmIsT
04-24-2004, 10:32 PM
anyione agree with my idea or would it be to much trouble for some people?
 Doom_Dealer
04-24-2004, 10:57 PM
what exatly was your idea?? :S
 JedI_XtRmIsT
04-25-2004, 2:49 AM
Originally posted by JedI_XtRmIsT
heres an idea every one that wants to help post what messenger program u use and the one that is used the most will be the one we use (just a thought)

i use AIM and Y! Messenger and ICQ (from time to time but i'll have to re-instal it)
 Doom_Dealer
04-25-2004, 1:16 PM
oh rite, well mines msn messenger, but i might be able to set up a yahoo one
Page: 2 of 2