Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Spheres

Page: 1 of 1
 Jlowry1974!
04-16-2004, 12:38 AM
I am trying to make a map with floating spheres as light sources. When trying to use the sphere tool, it asks me to give a number of sides. Now let me say that I understand no perfect circle can be made and that explains the number of sides thing. BUT it seems to only take certain numbers or it gives me a "bad side"message. I can see how the more sides means the smoother and more "spherical" the ... umm... sphere will be.
...... So I guess my question is this- how do I know what numbers will be taken without plugging in thousands of numbers. I would almost think it would be an equation being that everything is geometric in nature..... maybe something as simple as it being divisible by a certain number. (I tried up to 60 or so sides and the functioning #'s were getting futher apart, BUT the shere looked better the more sides) Any help is appreciated-thanks

:fett:

:fire3:
 WadeV1589
04-16-2004, 1:36 AM
Make a cone (the mesh cone), press V and drag the top line of vertices down to the middle line, that should give you a good hemisphere; then clone it and flip it.

Should give you a pretty good sphere without using horrific multi-faced brushes.
 Jlowry1974!
04-24-2004, 3:20 PM
I been out of town for the past week so I just got the chance to check the thread. Thanks for the help Wade.
:fett:
Page: 1 of 1