Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

chat interface

Page: 1 of 1
 Eagle Warrior
04-14-2004, 11:07 AM
what do you think the chat interface will look like. will it be a push enter then chat. also will there be text tht says like whoever killed whoever and blues base is under attack and your base will be destroyed if shot whatever more time ect
 DarthMuffin
04-14-2004, 12:07 PM
There's not much to discuss about the way chat will work, IMO. But what you said sounds good to me. All I hope is that there will be no "chat to everyone"; only team chat.

Perhaps we could get some taunts too; "You Rebel scum!" and then you shoot :)
 Alegis
04-14-2004, 2:34 PM
ehm only team chat would be a pain in the ass, believe me there exists no game with only team chat and no general

right?

And all games these days have voice chat, i dont think this will be missing in a team based game (MOVE IN!) though the Q is if there will be general voice chat (like in ET) or only team voice chat (COD)
 Mountainforest
04-14-2004, 2:41 PM
How many threads do you make each day?

Your pushing down all other (and most time better) ones!
 tFighterPilot
04-14-2004, 3:48 PM
I never use voice chat, it makes me feel silly to talk to my computer
 Gukkjo
04-14-2004, 4:10 PM
haha. I agree, tFighterPilot.

There will probably be both team and general chat. The only game that I've really played taht I can compare to is Jedi Outcast multiplayer. I hope the chat isn't like that, it sucked. But at least in JO you could do general chat, team chat, and even chat to 1 specific person. (and your text could be in different colors, hehe)
 Alegis
04-14-2004, 5:31 PM
what do you mean the chat in JO sucked? :confused:
 Gukkjo
04-14-2004, 6:41 PM
well... I guess it didn't entirely suck, but I hope they make it somewhat better in SWBF
 StormHammer
04-14-2004, 7:14 PM
The chat options in Enemy Territory are guite good - although some people abuse them.

I would like to see voice chat support out of the box, to be honest - if it's feasible.
 DarthMuffin
04-15-2004, 12:09 PM
I said team chat only because it adds to the realism. Also, experience tells me that sometimes, immature players will turn the game in a flame war against the other team. That sucks when it happens :(
 tFighterPilot
04-15-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Gukkjo
well... I guess it didn't entirely suck, but I hope they make it somewhat better in SWBF How exactly? JO's chat had no problems
 Gukkjo
04-15-2004, 3:42 PM
Well I suppose I sound dumb then, because I can't really explain it. It was good for that game. I guess what I really mean is swbf should have a different type of chat. which is a dumb thing to say because why would it be the same? Anyway, since swbf is more team based and strategical I think it should have an easier way to communicate with your team and to actually get a chance to read what they say before it disappears from the top of your screen.

So I hope I haven't made a complete idiot of myself yet. I'll wait til I get in game to do that ;)
 Eagle Warrior
04-15-2004, 3:56 PM
i bet they will have taunts or voice command like move out or defned the base. the taunts could be like you rebel scum and ect
 tFighterPilot
04-15-2004, 4:09 PM
JA also have voice commands
Page: 1 of 1