Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

hits

Page: 1 of 1
 Eagle Warrior
04-13-2004, 7:52 PM
how many hits will it take to kill a regular rebel with hardly and armor or a fully armored stormtrooper.

i think it will take at least 5 good hits to kill a rebel and at least 10 direct hits to kill a stormtrooper. (this deals with units only not ships)
 Eagle Warrior
04-14-2004, 1:56 AM
:yodaball: a answer? a thought? anyone?
 BurnsU
04-14-2004, 2:30 AM
:anakin:
:racer: :blaze6:
 StormHammer
04-14-2004, 3:07 AM
I think it's safe to say we'll have to wait until the game comes out before we'll know how many hits it takes to put down an opponent.

As you brought it up, however, I'd just like to say I hope that head shots from a sniper rifle will be one shot kills. If the sniper rifle is balanced right (i.e., there's some slight movement to make a shot more difficult), then it's immensely satisfying to see an enemy get blasted to oblivion with a single shot to the head.

Taking that further, it might be nice to have some basic locational damage, so that if you get shot in a leg you might limp. As long as that doesn't have an impact on the net code, of course.
 dark jedi 8
04-14-2004, 8:02 PM
it may also go like this, i'll use the rebels for example
pilot - fewest hits- a mechanic and concentrates on flying.
scout/sniper - next to fewest hits - stealth, consentrates on sneaking not fighting.
soldier - medium amount of hits - all they do is fight.
vanguard - next to highest amount of hits - needs alot of hitpoints cus he deals w/vehicles and heavy weapons.
smuggler - highest amount of hits - cus they can use medpacks and replenish. plus thier a wookie and wookies are tough.

just my thoughts.
 slapshot16
04-14-2004, 8:35 PM
It also should depend on the weapon. For instance, your blaster pistol will not do as much damage as your huge awesome big repeating rifle.
 DarthMuffin
04-15-2004, 11:56 AM
About smugglers : In KotOR they have the fewer ammounts of HPs :(

And a smuggler is not a full time warrior, so I doubt they can take many hits (without using med. packs, of course).
 dark jedi 8
04-15-2004, 4:53 PM
then why pick a huge freakin wookie to be a smuggler? besides their popularity. IMO:cool:
 Ultar Terragorn
04-15-2004, 9:26 PM
If you play a droide and someone hit you with an ion blaster should it paralyse you for a moment?
 Gukkjo
04-16-2004, 12:44 AM
I don't think so, because if the game is going to be balanced, no army would be singled out like that.
 dark jedi 8
04-16-2004, 3:25 PM
maybe not paralize but do more damage than a regular blaster? maybe its a weapon only one of the clone groups carries so it is more balanced.
Page: 1 of 1