Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

skining help please

Page: 1 of 1
 TK-425
04-12-2004, 6:07 PM
hi guys i took the shadow trooper texture and put it in the tavion
file in my assets1 folder and it looks good but i have never submited a file that needs a pk3 format so do you guys know of
eny free program that will convert stuff into that format:trooper:
also eny other tips on submiting skins would be helpful
thanks in advance(hopefuly):trooper:
 Radd
04-12-2004, 9:46 PM
Make a .Zip file, put all your skin folders in there, then rename it as a .Pk3. That's all a Pk3 file is.
 TK-425
04-13-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Radd
Make a .Zip file, put all your skin folders in there, then rename it as a .Pk3. That's all a Pk3 file is.

ok um how do i rename it:confused:
 Amidala from Chop Shop
04-13-2004, 1:18 PM
Originally posted by TK42235
ok um how do i rename it:confused:

:rolleyes:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/using/productdoc/en/windows_fcab_rename_file.asp)
 TK-425
04-14-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop
:rolleyes:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/using/productdoc/en/windows_fcab_rename_file.asp)

i ask this becuz i dont know what to rename i know how to rename stuff but do i name the zip folder and just add .pk3 to it
 Amidala from Chop Shop
04-14-2004, 3:15 PM
You have to create a ZIP file that maintains the proper directory structure (models\players\nameofyourskinfolder). The skin files go in a folder named after your skin (make sure it isn't a name already used by the game). Put that folder in a folder named players. Put the players folder in a folder named models. ZIP the models folder and name the ZIP file "nameofyourskin.zip". Then rename "nameofyourskin.zip" to "nameofyourskin.pk3".

If using Windows XP, you have to unhide file extensions or else it will keep the .zip extension no matter what you change the name to.
 TK-425
04-15-2004, 1:17 AM
ok thanks for your time
my problem was that i had the file extentions
hid only thing is i have windows 98SE :confused:
whatever

thank you thank you thank you for your help:D :trooper:

by the way the aim of my mod is to change the texture
of tavion in SP so i would want to have all the same names
for the files rite:confused:
Page: 1 of 1