Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

new guy arounds here

Page: 1 of 1
 KLAY0101
04-11-2004, 6:59 AM
Hi I've been a fan of Sam and Max for a long time now (played the game when I was somewhere around 12--can't believe my dad let me what with all the semi-adult humor and all the great language looking back hehe) but anyway I recently heard of the cancellation of the 2nd which is disheartening but I'm glad there are still fans such as yourselves around!
 toenail1
04-12-2004, 3:10 PM
yeah, we all know that feeling
 Skinkie
04-13-2004, 4:40 AM
Percent sign, ampersan, dollar sign, and colon semi-colon too!
 StonerDaveN'Max
04-16-2004, 9:17 PM
Skinkie - Percent sign, ampersan, dollar sign, and colon semi-colon too!

What the *#%@ are you doing?
 Skinkie
04-16-2004, 10:00 PM
Quoting the game man, it's the hip thing to do.
 StonerDaveN'Max
04-18-2004, 4:37 AM
Aww... Skinkie man!! you were supposed to say swearing in longhand :(
 Skinkie
04-18-2004, 4:41 AM
Oh, I can't believe I missed that one asterisk mouth.
 MangoMercury
04-18-2004, 7:14 AM
Hey, welcome. I'm new too, and also disheartened at Lucasart's dumb decisions :D

Oh, and Skinkie, you owe yourself one of your arms ;) Damn, I'm so perfectionist.
 Zoom Rabbit
04-18-2004, 7:43 AM
Bartender, my horse would like to buy a vowel.

Don't make eye contact with him. :max: He gets real mean when he can't spell a word properly...

http://www.katy.isd.tenet.edu/vfw/images/kamikaze.jpg)

(One more reason not to join the navy.)
 Zoom Rabbit
04-18-2004, 5:56 PM
Nine out of ten doctors agree that eating one's own ass is medically not adviseable.

The tenth doctor wears a tinfoil hat. :max: I'm not interested in his opinion, anyway...
 Skinkie
04-19-2004, 1:54 AM
Originally posted by MangoMercury
Oh, and Skinkie, you owe yourself one of your arms ;) Damn, I'm so perfectionist.

I could go along with that, but I'd rather just say any mistakes I made were done on purpose and therefore not mistakes :¬:. It'd be best if nobody questions this logic. Best for all of us. Well all of us who would like to keep our limbs.
 Jester
04-20-2004, 12:27 AM
Calm down, or I'll want you to get hesychastic in the worst way possible.
 StonerDaveN'Max
04-20-2004, 1:02 AM
Is heysychastic even a word Jester?
 Skinkie
04-20-2004, 2:05 AM
Keep asking questions and you'll find out...
 Jester
04-20-2004, 6:20 AM
No, I made it up. You caught me red handed. Your response wasn't valueless and insipid in every conceivable way. You win at life.
 Skinkie
04-22-2004, 3:38 AM
I was hoping he'd find out in a way a little more exciting than that.
 StonerDaveN'Max
04-22-2004, 4:44 AM
Well if you look at it like this, its a damn good word to put a definition with. And if I won at life, then I would have Sam and Max two, and i wouldnt pirate copies of the first game on here.
 Jester
04-22-2004, 6:06 AM
Hesychastic: keeping silence; soothing or quieting. It comes from Hesychasm, or a "mystic" sort of prayer done by mystics quite a while ago on the eastern orthodox side of things religious. It would probably be easier to employ the word "quietistic" which, if you need, should be in a good unabridged dictionary.
 MangoMercury
04-22-2004, 4:48 PM
Your logic is unquestioned for now, Skinkie...

But as soon as I set up my limb-regrowing factory, we shall all be able to challenge your crazy backward logic.
 Zoom Rabbit
04-22-2004, 5:55 PM
Mango: I'm quite interested in your limb regrowing factory. There is an entire industry of people who bombard my e-mail daily with offers of 'extension' who would be utterly put out of business by it...

:max:

The Hesycasts were expelled by Czar Peter the great, hunted down by freemasons and finally finished off by the communist Soviet Union early in the last century. Which is why it means 'silent' nowadays.

The Hesychasm is a feature of mystic philosophy in the modern world. The intensely introspective mystic (e.g. the little chinese guy in a cave staring at the wall for nine years) will come face-to-face with an abyss of the mind. When a mystic realizes the illusory nature of the phenomena which create all reality, the unreal nature of existance itself reveals itself in stark and radiant blank horror. If he is not careful, he can become 'stuck' in this point of view and renounce the entire universe altogether; such people are occasionally found starved to death, cross-legged on the floor with a disturbed expression on their face.

To escape the Hesychasm, the mystic must willingly force his way through this mental state and return to the 'real' world of causal phenomena. This trick is really quite simple--once the mystic finds this unreal 'sameness' of it all, he must reinvest himself into the illusion of life by seeking those aspects of things which are special and unique.

So, the mystic can travel from the real world to the Hesychasm, and back again. :dozey: Or he should bring a revolver into the cave with him. Say, who brought whiskey?
 StonerDaveN'Max
04-22-2004, 10:36 PM
That in which is not yours, shall not be changed on a whim.

In other words, what ZoomRabbit just said, doesnt apply to Jesters word, get your own word if you cant be hesychastic on this forum.

Oh, and Jester. Thats one damn good definition if there ever should be one. I wonder if there is a way to get it published in the dictionary...
 JBlink
04-23-2004, 6:19 AM
Zoom Rabbit, thats the wrong deffinition for mango. A mango is a fruit that grows in South America. Turtles like them.

I'm a little emo kid (sad smilie)
 Jester
04-23-2004, 6:28 AM
It's a word. A real word. It's in any lengthy dictionary. The discussion over the correct (and incorrect) origins of the applied word is rather mevardonic no matter how you go about it.
 Zoom Rabbit
04-23-2004, 9:55 AM
Another, albeit more obfuscatory, way of exacerbating the challenge of random word identification would be to abjure the more obvious choices of vocabulary in favor of words which illate nondefinition. The english language is replete with many such extraneous palebera, including the wide universe of obscure iatric words like sphygmomanometer, abcpsia or bariatrics...

Forgive my empyreal allocution. :max: If this elucidation has put anyone in a swivet, I beg them reconsider before defenestrating the computer. Have an orrery!
 Jester
04-24-2004, 8:37 AM
I would imagine a collegiate cockfight to involve two lucid parties, rather than one who seems to suffer from allolalia.
 Zoom Rabbit
04-24-2004, 10:50 AM
Yes, I do seem to suffer from a form of aphasia in which words are spoken at random. It's rather a handy excuse actually, kind of like Tourette's syndrome. :max:

So no one here knows which word in my previous post was made up? Look...taking software into account, it's more like an IQ test than a test of vocabulary. Whoever guesses right gets to **** my sister.

Mango: An artfully pastied body part exposed during a superbowl halftime dance number. :dozey:
 Ray Jones
04-24-2004, 9:09 PM
maybe it's better then knowing whats coming after ten words.
 Jester
04-24-2004, 9:33 PM
Palebera seems to just be a misspelling of palabra. The fiction goes a bit deeper than that word, though.
 Zoom Rabbit
04-25-2004, 9:25 PM
Jester wins free rights to my sister. :D Give me a few days for shipping...

She eats bulk dog food and wears only a flea collar. :dozey: If the smell bothers, just hose her down in the back yard.

Synthetic Gerbil: So your attention span is shorter than your name? That must make paperwork awfully tedious.
 Jester
04-26-2004, 5:02 AM
You missed my ficticious mevardonic. She'll be sent back like a spanish fireship.
 StonerDaveN'Max
04-26-2004, 5:02 AM
My mind has just been blown out of its scull! This is the biggest sesspool of various and spontaious articulate words used in a sence of mind-numbingly intolerable refined ignorance all because of two glorious idols set deep in our hearts use the perhipialistic gargantuan words that force upon our ever-so-open minds heart-throbbing over the visual and audiable eye and ear candy of it, only to have the viewers to pantomime the stiuation.

Amazing!
 Jester
04-26-2004, 5:11 AM
Are words your "heros" now?
 StonerDaveN'Max
04-26-2004, 5:17 AM
Is that really a legitimate question, since words arent active in a physical sence?
 Jester
04-26-2004, 6:26 AM
That'll do.
 Ray Jones
04-26-2004, 3:26 PM
words arent physical?
 Skinkie
04-27-2004, 10:28 PM
Not in the physical sense, no.
 StonerDaveN'Max
04-28-2004, 4:47 PM
Does this mean I can be a moderator now?

Pshh.. I wish
 Skinkie
04-28-2004, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by StonerDaveN'Max
Does this mean I can be a moderator now?

No
 StonerDaveN'Max
04-29-2004, 9:54 PM
Originally posted by Skinkie
No

Kay
 toenail1
05-01-2004, 6:32 PM
im so confused...

hey! i can make up words too, "gobbleblotchits"

okay... i didnt make it up, but you get extra points if you know where thats from
 edlib
05-02-2004, 12:00 AM
"Oh freddled gruntbuggly thy micturations are to me
As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
Groop I implore thee my foonting turlingdromes.
And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon,
see if I don't!"

- Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
 Zoom Rabbit
05-03-2004, 1:49 PM
Hmm. Edlib has found for himself the alternate spelling for gabbleblochits (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=gabbleblotchits&spell=1). Which spelling is it?!?

:max: This could get ugly.
 edlib
05-03-2004, 5:58 PM
I belive I have the correct spelling... I checked the book.

:joy:
 Ray Jones
05-03-2004, 6:07 PM
err.. is this some sort of googlewhack?
 StonerDaveN'Max
05-03-2004, 7:20 PM
it had an "o" not an "e". DO YOUR HOMEWORK SON!!!
 edlib
05-03-2004, 7:43 PM
Originally posted by RayJones
err.. is this some sort of googlewhack?
No... just some Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy nerdiness...

And there are very few lifeforms in the known universe that are nerdier than a die-hard Guide fan...

*sigh* :(

StonerDaveN'Max
05-03-2004, 11:00 PM
ive wanted to say this for the longest time, and im gonna say it now.

edlib's avitar RULES!!!
 edlib
05-03-2004, 11:24 PM
Yes. Yes it does.

I had to look long and hard to find an image of Zappa with just the right percentage of "glower."
The fact that he was also wearing a Patriotic-Flavored Top-Hat was merely a bonus, but is ultimately what sealed the deal.
After I saw this there was no other option for me...
 toenail1
05-10-2004, 1:10 PM
no, i spelled gabbleblochits right
Page: 1 of 1