Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Oh those nasty Skyboxes!(Help,PLEASE!!??)

Page: 1 of 1
 JK-->Konsaras
04-11-2004, 5:32 AM
How do I create a skybox?I read the tutorials but It didnt work for me,so please tell me how to make a Bespin skybox with details and explanitation so-o easy that even 'I' Can understand it.

Please and Thank you.
 Ockniel
04-11-2004, 10:24 AM
ok,I assume you mean making your own right? or do you mean, just using one of JA's default ones, cause there is a bespin one.

textures/skies/bespin
 WadeV1589
04-11-2004, 10:46 AM
You just cover brushes in the sky texture (one of those textures that show up as black text saying SKY on a blue background. You use these brushes to seal off your map, you do NOT make a brush around your entire map! What I mean is if you have a window you want to see sky out of but the players can't go through the window then you simply need a single brush to cover the back of the window like you were fixing a leak.
 [ASJN] Balboa
04-14-2004, 7:52 PM
how do you get the new sky textures to work right? not the ones that say sky repetitivly, but the ones that look like an actual sky. its too chopped up when you apply it, meaning the texture is reused so of course that isn't acceptable, and when i make the texture fit, it is too over stretched, and the back, left, right, and front ends don't always meet up either. is there a way to correct this?
 Mercenary
04-15-2004, 7:26 AM
There's a tutorial on this site about how to apply the sky shaders in your map
http://www.sentient-studios.com/main/)

You may have to register to get access.
 WadeV1589
04-15-2004, 10:27 AM
Those textures are used in the SKY shaders, you never apply them directly, as I said before you apply one of the things that say SKY on them, in-game they'll appear as regular sky uses those images you see.
 Jlowry1974!
04-15-2004, 7:04 PM
I think I understand what he's asking, maybe that the texture IS there but doen't acted right. Weapon burns shouldn't show on those textures should they? or should the brush itself be a non physical brush so it has that "not solidness" about it. I'm not at home right now or I would give it a try, just curious.:fett:
 WadeV1589
04-15-2004, 9:32 PM
You do not use the textures that actually look like sky to make a skybox! They will act like regular textures in game, you must use one of the shaders which are the ones that say SKY on them
 wedge2211
04-15-2004, 11:07 PM
 Jlowry1974!
04-15-2004, 11:53 PM
Thanks Wade I just got the difference, maybe a little slow but I get there eventually :D
Page: 1 of 1