Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Making a Music mod

Page: 1 of 1
 numark79
04-10-2004, 11:38 PM
Sup, hey does anyone know what file it is that dictates the specific music for a mission in JA? I've found all the music files, but some of the stages use the same music for multiple missions. The thing is, I only want a specific song to play for a certain stage (ex. Vjun) and not for another stage that uses the same music (ex. Taspir) Does anybody know anything about this? ANy help at all would be much appreciated yo.

peace
 Darth Evol Baby
04-23-2004, 8:09 AM
Thank you Numark79. The exact question I was going to ask.

Having grown up on John Williams' music I enjoy the music as much as the visuals.

Would love to have 'Duel of the Fates' playin' in the background whilst I'm hacking and slashing and defending the Galaxy.
 Fracman
04-24-2004, 5:13 PM
well, thats quite easy to tell.

The music is stored as mp3, in asset0.pk3/music

The assignment of music to level is done in asset1.pk3/ext_data/dms.dat (DMS= dynamic music system or so)
But beware... lots of things in JA are relicts from JO, so better go directly to the end of the file dms.dat :p

Enjoy
 Darth Evol Baby
04-25-2004, 6:56 AM
Originally posted by Fracman
well, thats quite easy to tell.

The music is stored as mp3, in asset0.pk3/music

The assignment of music to level is done in asset1.pk3/ext_data/dms.dat (DMS= dynamic music system or so)
But beware... lots of things in JA are relicts from JO, so better go directly to the end of the file dms.dat :p

Enjoy

English! English! Please say that again in newbie english! :)
 Fracman
04-25-2004, 8:57 AM
Ehm... if you can't undersand that then I don't know...
I thought I was writing in English and not in French :p

All the information related to the music is a text file called DMS.DAT.
It contains timings when to play which music file,
and the which music file has to be played in which level.
Each level usually has different music files, e.g. one while you explore the map, one when there is some action, e.g. you're fighting with ennemies, and one when you fight the level boss.

The single music files are compressed as MPEG 1 Audio Layer 3, also known as MP3, to save space. You can extract all music files and listen them all until you found the one you like or want to have replaced :D

I recommend you read modding tutorials first, e.g. how to explore the JA packed files.
Sorry, no time to explain everything in full detail :rolleyes:
Page: 1 of 1