Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Tech Issue

Page: 1 of 1
 Xavz
04-09-2004, 5:04 AM
I just bought KotOR, and it ran fine all the way through the Endar Spire, but after I reached Taris, it would barely run at all, the camera started acting strange, and the controls were messed up. Does anyone know why this would be?

All my specs except my CPU and graphics card are above recommended specs. My CPU is a 1.5 ghz P4 and by graphics card is a GeForce2 64 mb.

EDIT: I forgot to add that I am running every graphical option at the lowest possible settings.
 Jackel
04-09-2004, 9:17 AM
have you patched the game ?

what driver version are you using ?

have you updated drivers for your sound card / video card / motherboard lately ?
 Poggle
04-09-2004, 10:31 AM
Try turning off grass and shadows if you haven't already that caused me a problem in the undercity
 narfblat
04-10-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by BigJabba
Try turning off grass and shadows if you haven't already that caused me a problem in the undercity That worked for me when I tried it a month or so ago. I have a GeForce4 MX 420(with 64 megs sdram) for AGP type slots.
 Quisor
04-24-2004, 4:57 PM
I don't know if you're issue is the same as mine, but when I was using a geForce 2 MX 100 (with some serious virtual memory), it did that on Taris a lot. All I ever needed to do was restart the game, and it would become fine again. It caused me to restart quite a lot.
Page: 1 of 1