Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Recommended other comics?

Page: 1 of 1
 Captain Gonzo
04-08-2004, 12:45 PM
I'm getting back into my comics, reading lots of webcomics again and of course the old Sam & Max stuff. I was wondering if anyone could recommend other comics for a Sam & Max fan...

I'm not really a big fan of the really serious comics, the gritty superhero stuff, or the ones that (to use a phrase from, I think, Matt Groening) 'look like bad heavy-metal album covers'. Stuff that's a bit more light-hearted or cartoony and just totally humorous like S&M would be ideal. I don't have a local shop with lots of comics so I haven't really been able to check out much brand new stuff. Thanks...
 Ray Jones
04-08-2004, 1:55 PM
1. clever & smart
2. mickey mouse
3. any vaughn bodй stuff
 Dustin Demon
04-09-2004, 12:20 AM
The only other cartoon-y comics I can reccomend are the old Ren and Stimpy comics or Elftor. Squee is also a good choice.
 SyntheticGerbil
04-09-2004, 7:41 AM
Try Doug Tennapel's stuff, Evan Dorkin's stuff, possibly Sam Kieth's, and most definitly you must get Rob Schrab's genius.
 data soldier
04-30-2004, 11:30 AM
well this ones are both argentines, but I need to recommend them anyway.
1. El Eternauta (sci-fi)
2. Mafalda (It's like an argentine Peanuts)
 ShiningDragoon
05-02-2004, 7:54 PM
Bob and George (Megaman-based) and 8bit Theatre (Final Fantasy 1-based) are rather fun to read.

If you don't mind the questionable content, Sexylosers is also rather funny
Page: 1 of 1