Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

If you could have any ship.

Page: 1 of 3
 Atti-Muni
04-08-2004, 8:38 AM
If you could have any ship in the Star Wars universe and the EU what one would you have?

I'd have a personalised YT-2000, with lots of laser turrets- for defense reasons ofcourse! :D :D

:atat: :atat: :atat:
 Pnut_Man
04-08-2004, 4:12 PM
Zonama Sekot living starfighter ;)
 PR-0927
04-08-2004, 4:32 PM
Modified Slave 1. I think it is a Firespray-class Patrol Craft. It would have the best shields, weapons, armor, speed, etc. It would be painted black with a little silver.

Or maybe, I'd take an extremely modified Sun Crusher. Put better lasers.

Or maybe, I'd take a Executor-class Star Destroyer.

Or maybe, I'd take a TIE Defender, modified, of course.
:fett:
 JediNyt
04-08-2004, 9:16 PM
I too would have the Correlian YT-2000. Awesome ship. And I wouldnt even need to modify it, its already tricked out with everything! And it has ion cannons which the Falcon does not. And very comfortable.
 Wraith 8
04-09-2004, 9:29 AM
i would choose 2 ships :) since i can have any :)

first a cargo ship. of corellian manufacturers. the YT-2400
also known in the shadows of the empire comics/game. Dash Rendars ship the outrider:

http://www.cold-moon.com/StarWars/SWImages/YT2400.jpg)

second as my personal starfighter..... being a fan of Naboo.. and in star wars galaxies being a native of naboo and the RSF of naboo.

The N-1 starfighter.
http://www.starwars.com/databank/starship/naboon1starfighter/img/eu_bg.jpg)

those would be my first choises :)

Wraith 8
 ET Warrior
04-09-2004, 2:14 PM
I dont know what ship I'd choose, but I'd paint it black with little white dots placed at random intervals. That way when I was flying straight at someone they'd be like, weird, those stars are moving kinda funny.....*PING PING PAZOW*

and they're dead.
 Skinkie
04-09-2004, 2:47 PM
X-wing, oh yeah.
 Johch Ai'oki
04-09-2004, 7:37 PM
I'd have something of Naboo design, not too big, not too small. Well shielded, pretty fast on her own (doesen't have to be the fastest), and has some secret "defense systems," some good lasers for defense, mabye turbolasers if possible.
 wassup
04-09-2004, 9:22 PM
Death Star. Of course I would fix the weak spots first. ;)
 LukeKatarn
04-09-2004, 9:36 PM
The death star 3 (It is not a ship I made it up) it is the death star two with no weak points

I would also want the clone assult ship the Candessari.
 swphreak
04-10-2004, 12:30 AM
Eclipse II

or my own Imperial Star Destroyer Mark II like Booster :D

I'd paint it Black though... and I'd actually make sure stuff worked :/
 Rogue Thirteen
04-12-2004, 6:06 PM
A ship like the "Pulsar Skate" (Baudo class star yacht?).

Painted red with white trim (colour scheme on my Honda VFR).

Name: Interceptor.

w/ Xwing in the hold, just for fun.
 BobaJango
04-16-2004, 3:38 AM
Slave One duct taped (or krazy glued) onto a modified Super Star Destroyer. They are together and should therefore be counted as a single ship.:D:D:D
 Codja X
04-22-2004, 11:51 AM
I'd have a completely unmodifed X-Wing. i don't need modified stuff - i'm naturally awesome.

Perhaps i'd upgrade the sound system for those long hyperspace flights, possibly stick a dvd player in there:)

And an ashtray..

But apart from that, unmodified!
 PR-0927
04-22-2004, 4:15 PM
Nah, I'd have a jet black painted Executor-class Star Destroyer with squadrons of modified Sun Crushers, modifed Slave I's, and Modified TIE Defenders (modifications would be like the ones I posted earlier). I would have two of each just for me!!
 Deeo
04-23-2004, 5:21 AM
YT-2400. Toughest. Ship. Ever.

'Nuff said.
 Codja X
04-23-2004, 8:42 AM
Originally posted by majinrevan
Nah, I'd have a jet black painted Executor-class Star Destroyer

It'd probably be quicker to build another death star than to paint one of those bad boys!

That's all the space based craft covered - to pootle round town i'd have Anakin's Pod strapped to 2 TIE interceptors - 0-60 in 0.0001265 seconds! vvvvrrrrrooooooooom!
 jon_hill987
04-24-2004, 3:49 PM
You lot are mad! no one wants the Millenium Falcon, the fastest ship in the fleet, or somthing. Anyway its briliant, when it works.

(insert Millenium Falcon smily here)
 Deeo
04-24-2004, 7:21 PM
Dash Render's YT-2400 could SLAUGHTER the Millienum Falcon.

I mean, Dash's 2400 and Solo's 1300 were always at odds in the EU and it was never determined whose ship was the faster one.
 Astrotoy7
05-12-2004, 6:05 PM
yep, I gotta go for the outrider too, that is one nice looking ship, sorta like a hotrod version of the falcon...

mtfbwya
 Master_Keralys
05-14-2004, 11:47 AM
XJ3-class X-wing.

Or a KDY Elomere class starfighter, put into production two years before the NJO happened, then fell into the hands of pirates for the most part and thus was discontinued. Heavily modified: quad laser cannons, twin ion cannons, twin rapid fire blaster cannons, twin concussion missile, twin proton torpedo launcher, modifiable twin missile launchers (shadow bombs, emp missiles, minirockets, etc).
 Kale Jerre
05-15-2004, 11:04 AM
I'd go with the Ebon Hawk from the Knights of the Old Republic CRPG. I haven't seen any actual specs for it, but I would modify so much that the base specs would be moot anyway.
 Astrotoy7
05-16-2004, 11:45 AM
....also, what happenned to the E-wing ! IIRC luke had one during the Black Fleet Trilogy....

mtfbwya
 PR-0927
05-16-2004, 3:06 PM
Umm, they aren't...tactical fighter craft. In the NJO series they are used as patrol craft a lot. Not the best..........

BTW- Not to sound like a noob, but what does IIRC and MTFBWYA mean?

Kale Jerre
05-18-2004, 3:34 AM
Originally posted by Majin Revan
Umm, they aren't...tactical fighter craft. In the NJO series they are used as patrol craft a lot. Not the best..........

There isn't that much difference between an E and X-wing if you go by the WotC D20 system rules for them. The E-wing carries 1 less laser cannon and has weaker shields but in balance of this is more maneuverable making it very lethal in the hands of a skilled pilot.

BTW- Not to sound like a noob, but what does IIRC and MTFBWYA mean?

If I Recall Correctly
May The Force Be With You Always
 Master_Keralys
05-18-2004, 11:43 AM
There isn't that much difference between an E and X-wing
Sure, if you're talking a T-65A X-wing. But the XJ and XJ3 classes of X-wing can outmaneuver and outperform an E-wing any day, as well as having superior weaponry and shields. Now you want cool, you've got an R7 unit (which was designed specifically for the E-wing and typically only works with an E-wing) working on an XJ X-wing, that's what you call cohesion (mind, it took a Jedi several tries to get it to work, but even so...)

Regardless, a TIE Defender could kick either one from here to the next galaxy if it had someone like Wedge Antilles flying it (anyone else remember Isard's Revenge?). And my ship, the Fate's Whip (what I described before) could easily outperform any of them in any given scenario.

I'd take the Ebon's Hawk for its time, but it wouldn't be able to match up in the modern area. That was before they even had standard shielding on all ships of that size.
 Kale Jerre
05-19-2004, 5:18 AM
Originally posted by Master_Keralys
Sure, if you're talking a T-65A X-wing. But the XJ and XJ3 classes of X-wing can outmaneuver and outperform an E-wing any day, as well as having superior weaponry and shields. Now you want cool, you've got an R7 unit (which was designed specifically for the E-wing and typically only works with an E-wing) working on an XJ X-wing, that's what you call cohesion (mind, it took a Jedi several tries to get it to work, but even so...)

Regardless, a TIE Defender could kick either one from here to the next galaxy if it had someone like Wedge Antilles flying it (anyone else remember Isard's Revenge?). And my ship, the Fate's Whip (what I described before) could easily outperform any of them in any given scenario.

Now I have to go back and check my sources again. I'm going by Wizards of the Coast Star Wars RPG material (still haven't seen specs for the Tie Defender, though I don't have access to all issues of Star Wars Gamer at the moment). What sources are you drawing on?

I'd take the Ebon's Hawk for its time, but it wouldn't be able to match up in the modern area. That was before they even had standard shielding on all ships of that size.

I just like the looks and the layout of the Ebon Hawk and since it's old it would be very cheap, meaning I could afford to spend the credits to upgrade it to more modern specs while keeping the outdated transport look.
 Poggle
05-27-2004, 11:41 AM
I always liked the V wing from rogue squadron either that or a tie interceptor both look sweet
 Prime
05-27-2004, 4:07 PM
Falcon.

And the Death Star so I'd have a place to park it...
 Master_Keralys
05-28-2004, 3:41 PM
Now I have to go back and check my sources again. I'm going by Wizards of the Coast Star Wars RPG material (still haven't seen specs for the Tie Defender, though I don't have access to all issues of Star Wars Gamer at the moment). What sources are you drawing on? Well, I'm drawing on the literature for the NJO. I haven't followed the actual stats from the RPG per se, but I'm familiar with standard armament and speed ratings, etc. While I don't know where the TIE Defender falls in terms of the standard RPG system, I know from the X-wing series of books (as well as the game) that their maneuverability and speed ratings far exceed those of an X-wing, with shielding capacity roughly equivalent. More, they have equal laser firepower, plus two ion cannons, plus an equal missile bank layout to a T65-A X-wing.

In regards to the X-wing v. E-wing scenario, my reasoning is thus:the XJ X-wing (and its further advanced follower, the XJ3) are said to have boosted both firepower, added another missile bank (taking the total to 3, not just 2), and increased speed, maneuverability as well as shielding. Now, given that (as has already been pointed out), the X-wings remained the mainstay of the New Republic/GFFA fleet throughout the course of the war with the Yuuzhan Vong, while E-wings were less common - used, but considerably less so - my logic is that it makes sense for the NR/GFFA to be churning out the better fighter. Those improvements in speed and maneuverability are therefore likely to equal (if not exceed) those of the baseline E-wing. Further, the E-wing has since been co-opted by a number of shadier groups (much as the Z-95 was), while the X-wing never was. That's because the X-wing was the better choice for the Republic to go with during the war. I just like the looks and the layout of the Ebon Hawk and since it's old it would be very cheap, meaning I could afford to spend the credits to upgrade it to more modern specs while keeping the outdated transport look. I completely agree with you. It does look pretty cool.
 Sead the Darkes
05-31-2004, 12:56 PM
Dash Rendar's Outrider. Fast and deadly. Just groovy
 RenGD-F1
06-07-2004, 9:00 PM
I would take the Star Destroyer. It's the best-looking ship in the Star Wars universe.
 HalfSwedeLarz
06-23-2004, 1:28 AM
id have my own custom ship called Larz it would be a huge ship with a docking bay and other ships in there and my HUGE living quarters and swiming pool and plasama tv(or whatever is the best in the SW galaxy) and i could just have my ship orbit a planet so if any1 needed to find me i would be orbiting that planet sorta like living on it yea and also if a death star approached that planet id be the first 1 outta there he he :D
 El Sitherino
06-28-2004, 5:08 AM
Civilian transport ship. just think of all the things you could fit in it! :D
I'd add turrets to it and yeah, I'd make it pretty bad ass.
 PR-0927
06-28-2004, 3:38 PM
Like I said earlier...an Executor-class Star Destroyer painted white...with better weapons...shields...armor...speed...loaded with modified TIE Defenders, XJ3 X-wings, and Zonama Sekot Starfighters...but all of the Zonama Sekot Starfighters would be symmetrical and congruent!!

HalfSwedeLarz
06-29-2004, 12:06 AM
yea well my ship would have more than that in it
 fuzzyfreaker
07-02-2004, 12:45 AM
well, if i had to battle, i would probably give myself a modifed Firespray patrol craft, like the Slave 1. But if i just wanted a ship, i would take a bespin cloud car or a living starship from Zonama Sekot
 HalfSwedeLarz
07-02-2004, 1:02 AM
if i had to battle i would randomly choose a ship because my home ship wwould have lots of fighter ships in it
 ET Warrior
07-02-2004, 1:05 PM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
Civilian transport ship. just think of all the things you could fit in it! :D
I'd add turrets to it and yeah, I'd make it pretty bad ass.

Think of all the CHICKS you could fit into it. :naughty:
 HalfSwedeLarz
07-02-2004, 6:52 PM
oh boy dirty thoight a brewing lol
 El Sitherino
07-03-2004, 2:51 AM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
Think of all the CHICKS you could fit into it. :naughty: that's precisely the point of the chambers. :) you could come along naturally ET ;)
 ET Warrior
07-03-2004, 2:58 AM
that's precisely the point of the chambers. :) you could come along naturally ET ;)

Excellent.

Giggity giggity.
 El Sitherino
07-03-2004, 3:03 AM
mmmmm twi'lek and zabrak p**n-t*ng
<_<
 HalfSwedeLarz
07-03-2004, 4:56 AM
you are going off the subject its not called 'IF you could have a female in your own ship' its called 'if you could have any ship' personally i dont care about spam but when it gets me in trouble i do i have ZBomber Insanesith and ET to thank for the conversations thread being closed and you shouldnt be getting other peoples thread closed too
 fuzzyfreaker
07-03-2004, 5:14 AM
Hold on, let me read that again... all I can see is blah blah blah i'm a idiotic noob with no sense of humor and no love for women
 ET Warrior
07-03-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by HalfSwedeLarz
i have ZBomber Insanesith and ET to thank for the conversations thread being closed
:violin:
 El Sitherino
07-03-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
:violin: ET, your violin is too large.

Larz..... ..... no. just. no. Your thread was closed because it sucked period. :)
plus this thread is pretty much dead anyways, most people have posted what ship they would like. also, If you can post that you have lots of tie fighters in your ship, I feel I should be able to talk about my "payload" XD

also, I was bored with your pissing contest with majin revan about who's ship was better.
 ET Warrior
07-03-2004, 12:27 PM
ET, your violin is too large.

I know :( There is no smilie of me playing the world's smallest violin though ;)
 HalfSwedeLarz
07-03-2004, 6:58 PM
you all suck
 ET Warrior
07-06-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by HalfSwedeLarz
you all suck

I never said I didn't. :indif:
Page: 1 of 3