Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

water problem solved, now fog problems arise

Page: 1 of 1
 BongoBob
04-07-2004, 6:17 PM
I fixed my watrer problem(don't know how, but it worked), and moved on to the fog tutorial. I did exactly what it said(made a nonsolid_caulk, two units above the ground, textured the top and bottom with fog/yavin_swamp, and compiled. I started up jkii sp, and went to test the map...it froze about a third of the way there. Anyone else have this problem?
 vas_zag
04-07-2004, 7:10 PM
this boards called 'JA mapping'.....
although i cant help you im sure you might get more if you posted on teh relevant board
 WadeV1589
04-08-2004, 12:07 PM
Where on earth are people getting this texture the top and bottom thing from for water and fog? Try covering the entire brush in the fog shader.
 lauser
04-08-2004, 3:41 PM
Wade, it's called JK2. He has stated JK2 S/P. And since no one goes into the JO forum anymore this is the next best place. I know other mappers that post in JO forum and never get a response. Using fog in JK2 you have to do it the same as water. JA is different.
 WadeV1589
04-08-2004, 5:24 PM
That still doesn't explain it, in EF (the game before JO by Ravensoft) water and fog were both full brush texturing; why would they leave that to go to top/bottom texturing in JO to then return back to the original method (which is the easiest of the two and worked fine). I swear someone just came along when JO started, decided it should be done like that and people believed it and still do.
 lauser
04-08-2004, 9:15 PM
Hmmm, that really doesn't make sense you are right. Then again...game developers don't make sense sometimes.:p
Page: 1 of 1