Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Solid Snake Model Pack Needs Help

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth_Kitty
04-06-2004, 11:02 PM
Hey. I just lost my importer guy so I am looking for someone that can import new models into JA

You can e-mail me at

darth_kitty@hotmail.com

Thanks
 Noxrepere
04-07-2004, 12:50 AM
What do you mean by import into JA?

Are looking for help turning the models into glm's?
 Darth_Kitty
04-07-2004, 2:26 AM
Yes
 Noxrepere
04-07-2004, 2:47 AM
Are they already weighted?

If not, do you need them to be brought into max, weighted, and then turned into glm's?

Just asking because I have 3ds max and depending on how much work you need done I might be able to help.
 Darth_Kitty
04-07-2004, 3:48 AM
One is aready done completly, but I added new meshes that need to be boned on it. Another has not been done..
 Noxrepere
04-07-2004, 6:04 AM
Okay, well I have 3ds Max 6 with a working exporter (I know it works because I've used it. :D ).

What format are these files saved as (or just one file with multiple meshes)?

How many require facial animation support? If they have masks they wouldn't need them I suppose.:D

What program are you using to model with, by the way? (Just curious since you can't export on your own.)

If it's just the weighting and exporting I'll probably be able to help. I've just been weighting my own model and going back to fix problem areas. I've got a pretty good grasp on the weighting aspect. (Also, I prefer to weight the vertices manually. Would that be a problem?)

Would you require them to be weighted only for JA and not JO?

I think that's all the questions I have for now.

By the way, I like the way the models have been turning out. They're looking good.:)

EDIT: I haven't tried doing facial animation on my model yet (been busy with other tweaks) but I've been planning on including it, so if you needed it done it would only take me a little practice to get that right.
 Darth_Kitty
04-07-2004, 8:53 PM
When I send it to the importers, I send it in MAX format (I use 4). I try to get the model as close to the skeleton as possbile to save them time. Facial animations would be good. I use MS3D for most of the models ect. Like I said,one model needs to be completly boned and weight, while the other is all boned and weighted exepct the new meshes I added to it.

I'm really only care to get them in JA and not JO.

Thanks!
 Noxrepere
04-08-2004, 8:09 AM
If I were to work on it in Max 6 I don't know if you'd be able to open them or not. I'm not familiar with the exporting formats and what information they carry as far as weighting and stuff.

If that's not a problem or anything I'd be willing to give it a shot. I could look at it and see what I can do and if I can help. (Depending on how much needs to be done and my schedule.)

Let me know if you want me to try and I can PM you an email address.

Just Curious:
If you have (have access to) Max 4 do you just not have time to weight them or you don't know how?
 Darth_Kitty
04-08-2004, 11:18 AM
I don't know.

And just e-mail me.
 Noxrepere
04-08-2004, 7:53 PM
Email sent.:D
 Noxrepere
04-09-2004, 1:42 AM
Okay, I got the files and I've checked them out a little. Looking good.:)

I'm wondering about a couple things:

--(These are for the Snake model)
1-Some of the vertices on the right shoulder are seperated from the arm. Do want me to fix that?

2-A couple vertices on the left leg inner thigh seem pulled out towards the right leg. Fix that? (or is that done that way for a reason?)

3-Similar issue with the abs, some vertices not lining up with the hips.

I know they aren't extremely big problems or anything but I didn't know if they were like that for a reason or not. Anyways, let me know.

I'm beginning weighting today so I'll keep you informed.:)

P.S.-Do you want me to continue to post here or in the thread in the modeling forums regarding updates etc...?

Any other questions/concerns just let me know.
 Darth_Kitty
04-09-2004, 2:02 AM
I am not sure which model your talking about though so...

I think maybe just doing e-mail will be fine.

Thanks
Page: 1 of 1