Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Tag problems ... seem to be mirrored

Page: 1 of 1
 lkraan
04-05-2004, 9:25 PM
I am working on my 4th player model for my MOD and I have never had any problems with tags.
I hope that anybody can help me because it's driving me nuts :(

All the tags are in the right place and weighted to the right bone. bolt_r_hand weigthed to rhang_tag_bone etc.

Now if I check the model in MODview all the left tags like bolt_r_leg_calf are on the right side, right tags on the left side, front tags on the back and back tags on the front.

I have tried unlinking them and mirroring them all but this doesn't help.

In JO and JA the model looks right and moves in the right directions. The saber is just not placed in the right hand but it is somewhere behind the model on the left side.

Does anybody have any clue how to fix this?

Edit -> here an image to illustrate the problem...
http://www.xs4all.nl/~tetsuo/wip/tags.gif)
You see 2 tags (left and front) that should have been on the other side (right and back). This goes for all tabs :(
 Psyk0Sith
04-06-2004, 5:38 AM
This is really weird, and i have seen some pretty weird stuff...

I cant say for sure what is the exact problem because i havent seen the max file.

Mirroring tags is a bad idea, personally i wouldnt do this.

I would suggest using the skeleton from a working player model you already weighted...sometimes that's the quickest solution.

If you want to send the max file: psykopat@geocities.com

EDIT: did you make any last minute changes to your mesh? like mirroring left side to the other side? or anything like that...
 lkraan
04-06-2004, 8:04 AM
Thanks for the response man! :)

I haven't made any changes to the mesh before I started weighting vertices. Not even XForm or anything.

I have just merges the skeleton and tags from one of my working models. I have weighted all the model segments and caps fast to the single clostest bone. Now the saber appears in the right hand. Ofcourse there is some wicked deformation and gaps but now I'll weigh every segment proper to the right bones.
I'll just test the model after every individual segment is weighted.
Page: 1 of 1