Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mandolorian mod -it is possible!

Page: 1 of 1
 Doom_Dealer
04-04-2004, 5:29 PM
Ive had an idea from that mandolorian april fools joke. Would it be possible to create one huge battle on a huge landscape (i.e dune sea on tatooine for example) with tonnes of enemy mandolorians and alot of jedi, obviously the jedi would be outnumbered. I think it shoudlk be possible judging by what else has been made (i.e dantooine aftermath mod), but i tihnk a huge battle would be great fun. Would anyone be willing to attempt to start this, i could only help with making new lightsabers really :S.
 -Guyver3
04-04-2004, 8:27 PM
or is it even possible to re-do the canderous side quest where he must go to tattooine to fight the other mando's and just add a whole lot more of them?
 mgnails
04-04-2004, 9:53 PM
I was going to makealarge scale battle afterthe endarspire mod was done. It would be 100's of droids equipped with blaster rifles and they would be fighting jedi in the dune sea. It would kindof be a huge sidequest at which takes place after the end of the gamewhere you are told by vandar that there is a droid armyleftover from the star forge that was sentto all of the star map planets. You must travel with jedi to each world and fightslong side vandar against the army of star forge droids. It would be really easy to make if I had a working kotor tool extractor.

If someone could extract all of the modules then I could make a mandalorian war mod easily and quite quickly. I could make a large scale battle in the dune sea where there would be no sandcrawler and one side would have a bunch of republic soldiers and one side would have a bunch of mandalorian soldiers. you of course would play revan and you would have malak in your party.
 Doom_Dealer
04-04-2004, 11:01 PM
give me a list of what you need adn ill see what i can do.
 mgnails
04-05-2004, 12:27 AM
I need these modules extracted and put in seperate files
Dune Sea Module = battleground
dantooine enclave module = jedi
dantooine sandral grounds = mandalorians
Mannan east central = republic officers

Send it to mgnails at hotmail.com and the mandalorian battle should be completed in a week. It'll take a while to place all of the jedi and mandalorians and republic soldiers but when all is said and done, when you start a new game, the dune sea battle module will happen first.

Edit: I also need leviathan and endar spire files in order to complete other mod.
 gameunlimited
04-05-2004, 1:57 AM
To create a huge battle in the desert, 50 Vs 50 is easy enough. I am pretty sure I can create a mod like that in less than 30 mins. The main problem is that how would you incorporate it into the main story line? Making the mod and suddenly just jump the player into it in the middle of something would be just too funny and distract from the main storyline, not to mention that that will make the mod unprofessional looking.
 mgnails
04-05-2004, 2:18 AM
I just want files formymod i am working on now.

Also, I was thinking along the lines of 200 vs 200
 Doom_Dealer
04-06-2004, 6:38 PM
gamunlimited, plz plz plz do this, 200v200 might be abit much but atleest 50 a side would be cool. i know its not inthe story line, but was the areana mod? or the survivial mod? and they were still great additions to the game. Even if this is just something you warp to it would be very cool. And it would be a starting point for this kinda thing being incorperated into a story line.
i say a big jedi vs sith battle, with about 50 a side would be amazing, imagine all the lightsabers smashing against each other and force lightning arcing accross, it would be brilliant.
Anyway can you make this for us?? *grovling down on my knees*
 Doom_Dealer
04-06-2004, 6:44 PM
ok new ideas if you want to make it part of the story line ive got a few ideas:

1. Czerka Corperation vs. tuskan raidars on tatooine = talk to recruiter in the czerker office and she kinda says 'your needed on the battlefield' u say' ok' (or whatever) then you get warped out.

2. Czerka Corperation vs. wookies on kashyk = same again just in kasshyk planet floor.

3. Mandolorians vs. Jedi on dantooine = talk to a jedi and he directs you to a big skirmish

4. Black Vulkars vs. hidden becks on taris = talk to a a member inb one of the bases to join whichever side you want.

5. The 2 clans of the unknown world = take either side in battle outside of temple.

The taris battle would be eeasiest as your a lower level, then the other planets are all about the same moderate level. and the unknown world the hardest as your likely to be reaching level 20

Anyway, this could be made into one big mod with each planet having its own 'battlefield' it would basically be another side quest abit like the swoop racing.

This wouldnt really interfere with the story line just be a slight distraction, and make the game abit longer while expanding the story of certain factions (i.e czerka corperation) in the game.
 Darth333
04-06-2004, 6:45 PM
I wonder how would you play that big battle? Or is it to watch only?
 Doom_Dealer
04-06-2004, 6:48 PM
play it, as it says in previous post you would take the side of one faction, i.e make all others enemy to you so you can attack them and they attack you. or if you really want, jsut watch.
 gameunlimited
04-06-2004, 7:28 PM
Originally posted by Doom_Dealer
gamunlimited, plz plz plz do this, 200v200 might be abit much but atleest 50 a side would be cool. i know its not inthe story line, but was the areana mod? or the survivial mod? and they were still great additions to the game. Even if this is just something you warp to it would be very cool. And it would be a starting point for this kinda thing being incorperated into a story line.

Consider it done :) I will either create a new option under the survival mod to spawn 50Vs50 battle or create a new map in which you can warp yourself into. I will do it as soon as I go home this evening. Shouldn't be too hard to do this. One question though, what are the two sides? Meaning, what creature should I spawn? Jedis? or Sith Troopers? Yodas?
 Darth333
04-06-2004, 7:48 PM
Originally posted by gameunlimited
One question though, what are the two sides? Meaning, what creature should I spawn? Jedis? or Sith Troopers? Yodas?

Given the title of this thread I imagine there would be some Mandalorians;)
 tk102
04-06-2004, 8:20 PM
I would be surprised if the game engine and the graphics don't come to a near halt at 20 vs 20, let alone 200 vs 200. But it's a good experiment, and I'd like to be surprised. :)
 Doom_Dealer
04-06-2004, 8:47 PM
if you can make it a separate map tp warp to, that would be better, then in the future someone could edit the script.

Make it on the part of the tatooine dune sea with the sand crawler and make it jedi verses sith. I know its not exatly with the story, but i figure if you want to you can make a bigger mod in the future with the suggestions from my previous post., This would be sweet, nice one mate!!!
 gameunlimited
04-07-2004, 5:49 AM
It is created. You can download the mod here. (http://webpages.charter.net/alvintamsir/mods/bigwar.zip)

To install it: unzip the file and put the file into the MODULES folder, not the override folder. Then type "warp bigwar" in cheat console.

I tried doing 50 V 50 at first, but the frame rate dropped waaaaay down, and it was unplayable on my comp lol. SO I mtone it down to 25 V 25 instead. It still is rather slow even in my high end computer.
 *Atris*
04-07-2004, 12:15 PM
its a good attempt, but when you play it its extremely slow.
 Doom_Dealer
04-07-2004, 12:25 PM
nice one mate, if its slow just turn the graphics down!
 *Atris*
04-07-2004, 12:40 PM
k, ill try again
 Poggle
04-07-2004, 1:17 PM
A touch slow but it was bearable, i did notice that all the light jedi are called dark jedi and the republic soldiers are called sith troopers and the lightside won rathe comfortably ie not one light side character was killed!

Good work though
 Doom_Dealer
04-07-2004, 1:24 PM
right jsut got back from testing it, and good job mate. It is a tad slow on lowest graphics but id say it was bearable, just. As said before is abit one sided but i still thought it was good to see. Well, atleest we now know what happes when we make something that big, shame the game engine cant really support that many characters.
overall good job!
 Poggle
04-07-2004, 1:37 PM
Also for those who wanted a 200 a side battle (obviously not possible all at once) would it be possible for more dark jedi to appear for example say when five are killed five more spawn from like behind the sandcrawler or something and join the battle?
Page: 1 of 1