Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What do you think is the most importent aspect of the game?

Page: 1 of 1
 tFighterPilot
04-04-2004, 1:20 PM
It's from the devoleper diary
 Ultar Terragorn
04-04-2004, 3:20 PM
My two primary aspects are the balancing issue and team play.

I don't really care about the graphics according to the recent reviews by Gamespot and IGN.
 Ewok Homie
04-04-2004, 4:55 PM
I think the feeling of star wars and encouraging team work are both equally important.. But the star wars feeling is a little more important to me.
 Gukkjo
04-04-2004, 5:13 PM
I think encouraging team work is most important, because without teamwork all you have is a bunch of idiots running around shooting stuff with no direction. Don't get me wrong that's always fun, but teamwork will really be great.
 Mountainforest
04-04-2004, 6:10 PM
They came should be balanced, otherwise it won't be fun to play.
 joesdomain
04-04-2004, 10:17 PM
I think it is more important to have a star wars style game and have single player. I finally want a star wars game where I can feel like I am in the 6 star wars films. I am tired of playing star wars game where starships, vehicles, locations, droids, creatures, and characters come from expanded universe material. There is plenty of units available to choose from from the films.
 Huntsman
04-05-2004, 5:32 AM
Other than single player, all are important...even gunnin' down gungans ;-)

In order of importance however, I surprised that "encouraging teamwork" made the top of the list. Encourage all you like, people are still gonna just do what they like. If ya don't like that then play as a team with people you know (that's what I do). Still, some encouragement for this is fine but I would put it at 3rd or 4th place in regards to importance on the thread author's list..

I feel the two most important aspects..and equally so, are "balance" and mantaining the "Star Wars feeling."
 tFighterPilot
04-05-2004, 12:10 PM
I'm a Star Wars geek. I even loved Force Commander, which might have not been the best game ever, but it had the Star Wars feeling.
 dark jedi 8
04-08-2004, 10:05 PM
the aspect of team play and balance are important but i think the fact that it is set in the star wars universe and is not constricted such as battlefield w/re: physics, and weapons (blasters!) is the most important part of the game and how well it is percieved and played out is what will make or break this game.
 Gukkjo
04-09-2004, 2:59 AM
Originally posted by Huntsman
In order of importance however, I surprised that "encouraging teamwork" made the top of the list. Encourage all you like, people are still gonna just do what they like. If ya don't like that then play as a team with people you know (that's what I do). Still, some encouragement for this is fine but I would put it at 3rd or 4th place in regards to importance on the thread author's list..

that's why it is important to encourage teamwork, so people don't just do whatever they want. Multiplayer won't be half as fun if you don't get everyone to work as a team. Maybe the thread author should have rephrased that, so instead of "encouraging teamwork" it should be like "having teamwork" so its not like encouraging is at the top, it's the actual teamwork aspect of the game.

(P.S. sorry if that sounds dumb or if it doesn't make sense. I'm a little tired...)
 Whoopknacker
04-09-2004, 3:10 AM
People play Star Wars because of the feel of the movies. In Hoth I want someone to say "Echo Station 3TA weve spotted Imperial Walkers" Star Wars has made its impact on audiences because it does take people far far away. That is what I like about it and I hope that they stick close to the films.
 Ultar Terragorn
04-09-2004, 3:43 AM
A good balanced game with efforts concentrated on teamwork will add greatly to the Starwars feeling. For example, the snowspeeder will need two people to take down a At-At with the cable, just like the movies.

So far, I am happy with the mood of the new movies.
 tFighterPilot
04-09-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Gukkjo
that's why it is important to encourage teamwork, so people don't just do whatever they want. Multiplayer won't be half as fun if you don't get everyone to work as a team. Maybe the thread author should have rephrased that, so instead of "encouraging teamwork" it should be like "having teamwork" so its not like encouraging is at the top, it's the actual teamwork aspect of the game.

(P.S. sorry if that sounds dumb or if it doesn't make sense. I'm a little tired...) Actually, it's from the devoleper point of view, since it's from the devoleper diary from lucasarts.com
Page: 1 of 1