Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Using ModView

Page: 1 of 1
 mojohojojomo
04-02-2004, 10:57 PM
Well, I''ve never skinned before, but I thought I might try it. I'm using (or trying to use) ModView, so if anyone who knows about that could help me.

The problem is, when I'm following the tutorial, it says to extract the models and skins from their assets0.pk3 file, which can be found in the GameData\Base directory. Well, firstly, I'm wondering how it got there and replaced the original, because I don't recall telling it to. But I go there anyway, and use Winzip to extract it. I'm told to look for the path 'models\players' and extract those files. However, there is no such path in my assets0.pk3. There is, however, that path in the directory where ModView was extracted, if that matters.

So, can anyone help me? Tell me what I haven't done?
 [FotF]Maddog
04-03-2004, 2:21 AM
I made a tutorial for setting up and using ModView.
you can find it on www.jedimoves.com) under the how to section or diretlcy at the link below. http://www.jedimovesfiles.com/site/...ow/modview.html)

I hope this helps.

Dog
 mojohojojomo
04-03-2004, 7:14 AM
Whoa dude, that's brilliant.

Thanks so much!
 mojohojojomo
04-03-2004, 7:31 AM
Oh, actually, I'm still having some problems. Firstly, I need to extract Ravens Tools etc to 'C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\tools'. Do I need to make a new folder, because there is no such 'tools' folder in the GameData for me. Then, I also cannot find the 'models' folder in 'GameData', and therefore the 'players' inside that to put _humanoid.gla in it. When I look in assets1.pk3 with WinZip at the files inside though, it says that _humanoid.gla already ahs the path 'models\players'. What am I doing wrong?
Page: 1 of 1