Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

flying..?

Page: 1 of 1
 Ockniel
04-02-2004, 8:21 AM
how can I make a misc_model "fly" bye in a map? ie: like in the jk2 corescant level when the ships fly by above.
 Mercenary
04-02-2004, 9:28 AM
Do you mean the ffa_coruscant level by Krattle? Since scripting doesn't work in JO mp I think he used func_trains. You should know how to do trains if not there's some tutorials out there.

In the func_train entity window enter these values:

key-- model2
value-- path to model
 Ockniel
04-03-2004, 6:34 AM
ns_streets is the name of that map Im pretty sure, but ya know, when you look up the little speeder things are going bye, I hope you know what Im talking about, so how do I make a model move around? can anyone give me a link to that func_train thing?
 Mercenary
04-03-2004, 7:16 AM
I think they used a Raven Object File Format or ROFF to do that because the pods look pretty smooth as they turn the corner. You need 3ds max, but not version 6, to do this. Your best bet is to script it or use a func_train.

http://planetquake.com/bubba/train1.html)
 Ockniel
04-03-2004, 8:54 AM
ok, I got that func_thing to work, if I just put the key to model2 and the value to whatever, will, it make a model?

thanks
 WadeV1589
04-03-2004, 9:04 AM
Yes, just set the model2 key to a valid model path.

BTW Just curious but are you actually waiting for a reply of "Yes"? If so why not just go try ideas before posting? I'm saying this because sometimes I wonder how long people sit around to wait for an answer when they could go test their theories so much faster.
 Ockniel
04-03-2004, 9:34 AM
Actually wade, I posted that and then it hit me that I could just test it,so I tried, and maybe I didn't get the right path because it looked like the little thing at the middle of a model when you put one in your map (ie: no model just a little wireframe box thing, I think its the thing that marks the center of the model).

maybe you can help, is the path for the twinpod model: "models/map_objects/bespin/twinpodcc"?

cause I have my brush like this

-------------------------------------
classname - func_plat

model2 - models/map_objects/bespin/twinpodcc

angle - 360

target - t1
-------------------------------------

whats wrong with it?

:edit: sorry, thats func_train not func_plat
 Mercenary
04-03-2004, 9:39 AM
Maybe you need the file extension ".md3" at the end. And the model will only appear in game. The position of the model is based on it's own origin and the origin of the func_whatever.
 GothiX
04-03-2004, 9:40 AM
You'll need to add the .md3 extension.
 WadeV1589
04-03-2004, 9:44 AM
textures = no extension

models = extension
 Ockniel
04-03-2004, 9:47 AM
ahh, thanks guys, should've seen that, Ill check it out.
 Ockniel
04-03-2004, 10:07 AM
thanks guys it worked :D
 Ockniel
04-03-2004, 1:34 PM
ok, I got the thing to work in the test level I made, but when I copy it into my level and add a "loop" to it, it doesnt work. The ship appears but glitches out and doesn't move.

heres what my layout is like.
http://server5.uploadit.org/files/Ockniel-problem.JPG)
those are all path_corner's except the selected pieces.
 Ockniel
04-05-2004, 9:41 AM
can no one help?
Page: 1 of 1