Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Not so friendly fire (in single player)

Page: 1 of 1
 Sith_Chick
04-01-2004, 2:27 PM
I am soooo sick of getting killed by Kyle when he throws his saber at someone I am fighting... is there someway to disable 'friendly fire'?

:amidala:
 Samuel Dravis
04-01-2004, 6:07 PM
You could mod Kyle's NPC file to make him not have saber throw anymore. His .npc file is in \base\assets1.pk3\ext_data\kyle.npc. Extract the file to C:\ext_data\npcs\ then open it, remove the line FP_SABERTHROW 3, save it, compress the folder \ext_data\, rename the .zip to a .pk3, put it \base\, and there you go - Kyle no longer has saber throw.
 Sith_Chick
04-02-2004, 1:42 PM
I was rather hoping to just turn off friendly fire all together, at least with sabres... In the Korriban level I keep getting nailed by other 'friendly' Jedi too as they take wild swings at Sith who are nearby us both, which is rather tedious.

:amidala:
 acdcfanbill
04-02-2004, 2:46 PM
uh, godmode? lol, no one apparntl knows anyway to turn off FF in SP...
 Prime
04-02-2004, 3:08 PM
Maybe just stay out of the way? :cool:
 Durocha
04-03-2004, 12:58 AM
Yeah, with a thousand health, Kyle can more than take care of himself. Let him take the front line, just attack anyone behind him
 Master_Keralys
04-05-2004, 5:00 PM
I would just stay out of the way. What difficulty are you playing on? I always found that just charging in first and then staying out of his way when he finally came in seemed to work, though the cleanup afterwards seems to work nicely as well. ON Korriban, don't worry so much about attacking all the time; wait for an opening and then attack quickly and deadly (land things like lunge-stabs and what not).
Page: 1 of 1