Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What is the most experience you have gain during a normal game?

Page: 1 of 1
 T7nowhere
04-01-2004, 12:20 AM
I posted this in the Bioware forums, but I didn't get any usefull feed back.

What I want to know is what the average amount of expience that most people get before the end of the game? Without cheating ofcourse.

Also at what point in the game did you reach level 20?

I am tweaking the levels a little to reflect a higher level, but I also want it to be more difficult to reach 20. My intent is for the player to only reach level 20 before the Final battle and to make it nessesary to do almost all the side quests to reach the level cap.

edit added the poll
 LukeKatarn
04-01-2004, 12:27 AM
I got to level 20 after beating the temple on the unknown planet.
 CaspER sX
04-01-2004, 2:45 AM
normally i hit level 20 on the unknown planet, usually in temple
 Commas
04-01-2004, 4:14 AM
i got more xp playing dark than i did light, probably because of the genoharaden quests and the few extra people i killed for credits, light side i didnt hit twenty until about the star forge, darkside i hit twenty during the elder settlement slaughter. lightside i had around 230,000 darkside 255,000, roughly
 dj_owen
04-01-2004, 4:42 AM
i hit max level on korriban (last planet) by doing every sidequest possible.

i've beaten this game more times than i'd like to know, but i think the most xp i ever remembered at the end was like 270,000.
 -JT-
04-01-2004, 8:33 AM
I reached lvl 20 at the begining of koriban( last planet)...............I geuss ive played every quest in the game, including player/npc quests.......
If you ask me i found the game to short for a bioware adventure, i excpected a quest to evolve into a jedi knight and/or a jedi master, new quest after a period of time and much much more.............but the game ended at lvl 20............DAMN
 Sivy
04-01-2004, 8:53 AM
i usually hit level 20 on the last planet before travelling off to the unknown planet.
 Poggle
04-01-2004, 5:31 PM
Same here usually after fighting through the sith academy when playing darkside or sometime fairly early on the unknown world when lightside
 Samuel Dravis
04-01-2004, 6:11 PM
I don't like playing darkside, so on lightside I hit level 20 in the Temple. It doesn't really matter if you're level 18 or 19 though; if you're a consular with high wisdom, Wave will kill almost anything. And if something is immune to Wave, I just use Stasis Field. If you want to make the game harder, take some of the force power upgrades out/reserve them for level 20.
 T7nowhere
04-01-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Samuel Dravis
I don't like playing darkside, so on lightside I hit level 20 in the Temple. It doesn't really matter if you're level 18 or 19 though; if you're a consular with high wisdom, Wave will kill almost anything. And if something is immune to Wave, I just use Stasis Field. If you want to make the game harder, take some of the force power upgrades out/reserve them for level 20.

Hmm, Thats not a bad idea force wave is one of most unbalancing powers in game. Although it is pretty much the only offensive power LS jedi have. If I do that I think I would also have to do the same with Insanity, and Force storm.

What do you guys think about hole these three powers(Force Wave, Force Storm and Insanity) back until level 19 or 20.

It looks like around 250000 is The most Exp. most people get so I guess I'll keep level 20 around there until People start making new worlds or quests.
 Commas
04-02-2004, 1:37 AM
lightsiders seriously need more offensive powers, i had to go thro all nine jedi captives when i played lightside cause whirlwind stasis were my only offensive powers. i have to admit that i kinda liked fighting malak all nine times, because i like a challenge, but then i also starting thinking after the third or fourth jedi that it really lacks any kinda star wars cinema feeling to have the bad guy get beat and then come back to life nine times, it gets a little drawn out, my darkside battle was more epic only because it was always a race for a jedi to get more health. but i digress. i think your idea is super was my point.
 Poggle
04-02-2004, 11:34 PM
What do you guys think about hole these three powers(Force Wave, Force Storm and Insanity) back until level 19 or 20.

im not sure what level insanity is but you cant get force storm till 18 which is still usually pretty late i'd just do the same to force wave.

but then i also starting thinking after the third or fourth jedi that it really lacks any kinda star wars cinema feeling to have the bad guy get beat and then come back to life nine times, it gets a little drawn out.

yeah i agree also as malak runs off he ceases to be a target allowing you to pause and completly restock on stims etc so its only usually 2-3 rounds of combat per jedi
 Samuel Dravis
04-03-2004, 2:11 AM
Well, if you have Destroy Droid, you can always waste the captive jedi before he gets to them...

I think that if the lightsiders had some different, weaker offensive force powers (besides destroy droid & whirlwind), they could survive without wave until lvl 18-20, because when I am in the middle of a big fight, I just get all my party members to use Wave/Stasis simultaneously. Everyone's dead in one turn.

I've been playing NWN (just bought it) and they have some seriously cool magic there. And it's not all for the Evil faction - the same spells can be used by either good or evil. Maybe you should just unlock the darkside powers to lightsiders (and vice versa), get rid of the FP cost addition, and make the certain powers that are too powerful cost more FP/or have a time limit between uses (if it's possible).
 T7nowhere
04-03-2004, 2:30 AM
It would be really easy to make all the force powers cost the same as nuetral, BUT that would make lightside/darkside almost pointless.
 Samuel Dravis
04-03-2004, 2:35 AM
Perhaps just keep a few exclusive powers on each side. And if you're dark, you have that disgusting veined face. That's enough incentive for anyone to be dark! ;)
Page: 1 of 1