Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Getting player character races to use different voices...

Page: 1 of 1
 Wes Janson
03-31-2004, 10:21 PM
I'm working on part 2 of my voice change mod. In this edition, I'm adding in two female voice modifications (for Zabrak and Twi'Lek) as well with the original Rodian and Kel-Dor mods -- in all languages, no less.

However, I wanted to try and have it set so that you don't have to constantly switch in and out of the game and move files around -- or mucking about the mod utility to activate or de-activate the voice mod.

I tried modifying the configs of the player characters to use the new directories, however, they still use the original voices. No matter what I try, I can't get the game to switch from the original voice directories while using the player models.

Anyone have some advice?
 [FotF]Maddog
03-31-2004, 10:48 PM
Not sure this will work but you can give it a try, when the file is done and ready to be made into a pk3 put a underscore in front of the name you have chosen ( _sounds.pk3) I Hope this helps if it doesnt good luck.
:mad: Dog
 Wes Janson
03-31-2004, 11:52 PM
Mah... This is driving me insane. I don't see any reason why this shouldn't work. After the game loads with the mod, the direction to the voice directory is successfully directed to the modded voice, but the game STILL uses the originals!

What, is this hard-coded or something?!
Page: 1 of 1