Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Sam & Max collection..... it begins

Page: 1 of 1
 I am speed
03-29-2004, 8:13 PM
I have seen the light, and it is good

I want the Sam and Max: Surfin' the Highway collection. However, until a reprint does happen, I doubt I'll have the luck of getting my hands on a copy. However, my dilligence in searching has paid off.

I've found a copy of the "Sam & Max Freelance Police Special," and surprise surprise, it was not on eBay. I found the "buy" button as fast as humanly possible, and got checked out as fast as my fingers could type out my credit card number. The total price? $8.98, and that includes shipping and handling. That's right, I only paid $2.98 for the actual comic, the other $5 was to get it into my hands within a week. I can't help but feel I struck gold, even if you can score a copy occasionally for not too much cash.

With this purchase, my Sam & Max collection has started..... I plan to continue to scour the internet, finding comics as they appear, and snatch them up until I have a good collection or Surfin' the Highway is reprinted, whichever comes first (hopefully the latter, I'm not made of money).

Just a couple of months ago I experienced Sam & Max: Hit the Road for the first time, and I'm already a complete addict.
 Wasobi33
03-29-2004, 8:40 PM
If you want, i have the CD and Floppy version of Sam N' Max Hit The Road which include the mini games that your talking about, send me $10 and ill ship you out a copy of the CD which includes some other "rebel" game that i havent tried...

I can also burn anyone a few episodes ive downloaded from the TV show that was out a few years back.
 I am speed
03-29-2004, 10:59 PM
Mini games? Where did I mention mini games in my post? Am I missing something? Anyway, I have the CD version of Sam & Max hit the road, and I still enjoy the occasional game of "car bomb" (It's so politically incorrect it's hilarious). The only thing I'd be interested in is if you had scans of Sam & Max: Surfin' the Highway I could get from you.

:snip2: this is want I want to do to whoever decided to stop printing Sam & Max: Surfin' the Highway, and cancel S&M 2
 Brushguy
03-29-2004, 11:21 PM
I remember when I started collecting the Sam and Max comics. I have all of the comics of Sam and Max (Fishwrap, Comico, Epic Comics, Color Collection) except for most of the Adventurers and the Surfin' the Highway collection. And as always, I'm watching for Steve Purcell's promised new comic....

eBay definitely will get you all the Sam and Max comix if you wait long enough. ;)
 Skinkie
03-30-2004, 2:16 AM
If you wait long enough and are willing to pay out the butt that is.
 JBlink
03-30-2004, 2:37 AM
Then there is all the competition that the rest of us provide. I want some comics roo.
 Wasobi33
03-30-2004, 11:29 PM
that battleship game and highway game are mini games because theyre irrelivent to the actual game and the outcome doenst effect the story line.
 I am speed
04-05-2004, 4:41 AM
And the comic book collection that just started last week just expanded..... Sam & Max Freelance Police #1 is now mine! I just won it off eBay for $27 (not cheap, but I wanted it!).

I also downloaded Sam & Max: Surfin' the Highway, but it's just not the same. It's just there to tide me over until I either get all the comics or the collection is reprinted.
 Samnmax221
04-05-2004, 3:30 PM
YOU WHAT!
NO GOOD JUDAS!
 I am speed
04-05-2004, 5:24 PM
Originally posted by Samnmax221
YOU WHAT!
NO GOOD JUDAS!

If you're referring to me downloading Surfin' the Highway, then calm down. I want the collection, and I want a print copy, and when the opportunity presents itself I WILL buy it. However, getting my hands on a copy would be extremely difficult, nigh impossible to do at the moment.

If you're referring to something else.... umm, what's wrong?
 Pork_Soda
04-05-2004, 9:58 PM
I would download it too if I could be arsed to find it. It's obviously to hard to find it, and WAAAY to expensive if you do, so I don't see what the problem is.
 sam&maxaddict
04-06-2004, 11:22 PM
i have evry single sam and max comic
color collection,highway
ect ect
all together i have about 60 comics
oh and i want the tv series as watched wen i was yunger but miss them so
if u burn sum were can u snd em too as i live in uk :(

na na na na na
i have all the lovly comics
oh and all together they cost me 600 quid (pounds)
or about 1200 dollers
thats how mad i am about sam&max
 Chron-O-John
04-07-2004, 1:26 AM
Wow, this forum gives off a pre-school vibe. I have and I want!!!! This is what sam and max has created!....Monsters. And the fact that the game has been cancelled has made things even worse. Don't worry, I don't have any problems with this, I am just proving a point.
 Skinkie
04-07-2004, 1:52 AM
if u burn sum were can u snd em too as i live in uk

This being illegal, it shouldn't be discussed here.
 SyntheticGerbil
04-07-2004, 2:47 AM
It also shouldn't be discussed because you are too ****ing stupid to use a keyboard.

Whatever I hate the system. I also hate sex. No sex until 50 all of you.
 JBlink
04-07-2004, 2:51 AM
Does it count if I'm a 53 year old man trapped in a 16 year old body?
 SyntheticGerbil
04-07-2004, 2:53 AM
Obviously it does.
 Ray Jones
04-07-2004, 8:00 PM
yeah, but what about a 16 year old synthtypees trapped in a 53 year old body?
 SyntheticGerbil
04-08-2004, 11:23 AM
Typees? Excuse me? American Indian?
 Ray Jones
04-08-2004, 12:26 PM
earth human. HA!
 Samnmax221
04-09-2004, 8:21 AM
No downloads of comics, The game (as Stoner found out)

And to clarriy the point Gerbil was elected spokesman of the national aids foundation. He's getting paid to encourage abstinence
 SyntheticGerbil
04-09-2004, 6:59 PM
Using AIDs to insinuate a gay joke is a bit much, wouldn't you say?
 I am speed
04-12-2004, 5:25 PM
Well, I just got my "Sam and Max Freelance Police Special" in the mail, and it is in excellent condition. If I were to use the comic book grading scale, I say it's either Fine or quite possibly Very Fine. Besides some minor spine wear and very minor corner wear, it's flawless. I'm so happy right now

:mm1 :mm1 :mm1
 Samnmax221
04-16-2004, 1:40 AM
Yah that was uncalled for I won't do it agian.
 StonerDaveN'Max
04-18-2004, 6:42 PM
As the offical "Sam & Max - Don't pirate Comics or PC Games" I would like to say "Dont post any bootleg comics. Take it from me, the guy that got kicked off for trying to pirate the game!"
Page: 1 of 1