Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Released: mod to change saber blade colours

Page: 1 of 1
 Prime
03-26-2004, 3:29 PM
I have made a very simple mod that will allow players to change the colour of one lightsaber blade to another. Contained in the zip is all the blade colour textures.

There are two ways to alter the colours. The first is simply by taking the file for the colour you want to use and renaming it to the file name for the colour you want to replace. For example, if you wanted to replace the turquoise colour with blue (like I did :) ), you would just take the blue file, rename it to the turquoise file name, and place it in your override directory. All this is described in more detail in the included readme.

The second way is to replace and exisitng colour with a new colour that is not already in the game, you can edit the file (which are in the .tga image format) with an image editing tool such as Paintshop Pro or Photoshop. Once the file is altered, simply place it in the Override directory.

You can get this mod here. (warped.prodns.tripod.com/games.html) It is about half way down the page under "Lightsaber Blade Colour Replacement."
 Hax0redCardz
03-26-2004, 10:07 PM
OMG, I was just about to ask if anyone had made something like this (I really wanted to change the MoF color as well)...

Your mods have single handedly added a rediculous amount of replay value to this game for me!

Prime = best modder EVAR!!!1 :D
 Fearless_Jedi
03-27-2004, 2:40 AM
I am a noob!

I just dont get it!

Why would someone change a yellow crystal to blue when you already have a blue crystal you could find???

Now I can understand if someone didn't like the color of the Mantle of the Force crystal or the Heart of the Guardian crystal and wish to change it (I myself hate the Heart of the Guardian color) but other than that I dont get it.

It was probably meant for the purpose I just stated but other than that I am lost. Perhaps you have a better blue color???

Anyway I saw the website and once I saw those robes u had I wanted to cry because they where so beautiful!

Awesome job on the robes!!!

Hey have you seen a pic of Anakin in the next movie, he has all brown robes, not any other color and I have to say they look nice, could you make something like that?
 illuzion69
03-28-2004, 5:57 AM
thanks prime, that answered my questions. great mod, it's easy so even i can change things up a bit. :)
 Prime
03-29-2004, 2:30 AM
Originally posted by Fearless_Jedi
I am a noob!

I just dont get it!

Why would someone change a yellow crystal to blue when you already have a blue crystal you could find???

Now I can understand if someone didn't like the color of the Mantle of the Force crystal or the Heart of the Guardian crystal and wish to change it (I myself hate the Heart of the Guardian color) but other than that I dont get it.

It was probably meant for the purpose I just stated but other than that I am lost. Perhaps you have a better blue color??? The mod would also be useful to create new colours that were not already in the game. :)

Originally posted by Fearless_Jedi
Anyway I saw the website and once I saw those robes u had I wanted to cry because they where so beautiful!

Awesome job on the robes!!!

Hey have you seen a pic of Anakin in the next movie, he has all brown robes, not any other color and I have to say they look nice, could you make something like that? Thanks for the kind words about the robes. I am thinking of doing an Anakin and new Obi-Wan version...
 T7nowhere
03-29-2004, 2:45 AM
Hey Prime, how are you at skinning Faces. IT would be nice to see some Anakin and Obi-Wan Faces to go along with new robes. Or at least as close as can be done with the current models. :) Though I Do understand how Time consumming this stuff can be.
 Prime
03-29-2004, 2:53 AM
Unfortunately I don't have much free time to spare right now. I've never tried to skin faces before, but I might give it a go sometime.

I'd like to do a good Obi-Wan face for sure...
Page: 1 of 1