Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I have a few questions about this place

Page: 1 of 1
 BlackDove
03-26-2004, 1:48 AM
Right, so let's get on with it.

What is/are Nightlight Productions?

What do you do?

How many of you are there doing it?

Where are all the people with longer registration dates than 5 days? Grim Fandango was released eons ago O.o

This forum is... color blind - change the colors ASAP, the colors black and purple work outside. (okay, so that wasn't a question)

Anyway...what's up?
 Holdios
03-26-2004, 2:08 AM
I am not directly involved with Nightlight but I've been a fan for a long time, so I'll try my best to answer your questions.

What is/are Nightlight Productions? Nightlight is a company owned by Matthew J. Smith (8 of 12) and is based in his homeland of Australia

What do you do? Nightlight, with the help of several talented voice actors, writes and records hilarious radio plays, and with the help of our forum member Sallim, may be delving into 3D animations of these plays. But right now, it's owner is in somewhat of a transition type period and things are kind of on Hold.

How many of you are there doing it? Don't really know

Where are all the people with longer registration dates than 5 days? Grim Fandango was released eons ago O.o Look at topics that aren't just on the front page. We have a nice little community here. I'm one of the fairly newer people to the actual forums, and everyone here is very nice

This forum is... color blind - change the colors ASAP, the colors black and purple work outside. (okay, so that wasn't a question) Hey, man. Don't knock the colors :D I like 'em.

Anyway...what's up? Welcome to the fold. Stick around, as some of the radio plays may, just may, be put up again soon, and they are fantastic.
 BlackDove
03-26-2004, 2:16 AM
Okay, so I guess the next obvious question is: How is all this connected to Grim Fandango or even Lucas Arts itself?
 Sallim
03-26-2004, 2:47 AM
That is a question which could destry all here.....now Iam wainting for a good answer ;)
 MJ
03-26-2004, 3:49 AM
Hello, Blacky. Holdy is essentially right in all the answers he gave. How many of us... well as you can pretty much see, without me there is no Nightlight. :)

But as for everything else... I have Stanley, Stuart and Lawrence (and occassionally others, depending on what project we're working on) providing voices, Metallus chips in with website design, Sal is the anchor of any 3D animation you may see here, and a few people are helping with a haphazard online audio program called Beneath Monkey Island.

What does this website have to do with LucasArts? Hardly anything. If you like, you can draw parallels between my first radio play, Tierra de los Muertos, and Grim Fandango. They have little in common besides the fact that they both have dead people. Other than that, Lost Cause I - There's No Hope and soon Lost Cause II - There's Still No Hope are very funny Star Wars parodies. Only one more to go until the trilogy is complete!

The colours of Nightlight have always been bright green. It's freakin' awesome. :D

What's up? I'm moving to Western Australia. And I need a new computer. It's my fault Nightlight is crippled. :(
 LiMP RABBiT
03-26-2004, 4:06 PM
Hi there,
I joined more than five days ago. So now you what Nightlight is, check for the next release, you wont regret it. I remember downloading the first episode of Tierra. Ohhh. The memory brings tears to my eyes. God bless you 8 of 12 for making these and Gabez for showing me the light. Praise them. Now.
 Gabez
03-26-2004, 9:26 PM
;
 BlackDove
03-26-2004, 10:11 PM
Allright - well although I'll disagree with you on the green, because it's making my eyes bleed, pretty hefty setup you have here, and a cool name.

Anyway, I'll be on the lookout for these plays as soon as my computer is fixed. Thanks for answering my questions :)
Page: 1 of 1