Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

skinning process

Page: 1 of 1
 TheGONGman
03-25-2004, 4:51 PM
ok, sorry if this is a redundant question as it may be asked alot, but I'm very confused as to what is included in the skinning process. All of the posts and tutorials I can find only tell you how to skin a model assuming it's already in your 3D program and then once it's skinned they just end the tut. I know how to do 3D and understand the tutorials because of that, so I know how to skin a model, but the problem lies in getting the model from the game so that I can reskin it (if that's what you do) and then when I'm done making the skinned model useable by the game. If someone could give me a brief explination or point me in a good starting direction I would appreciate it.

Thank you
 Amidala from Chop Shop
04-02-2004, 1:23 AM
To skin an existing model from the game, you extract the models and animations from the assets?.pk3 file, open the model with ModView, then use ModView to see how your skin looks on the model.

This (http://www.jedimovesfiles.com/site/files/center/how/modview.html) explains how to do that.
Page: 1 of 1