Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Republic Commando Homelan fed interview

Page: 1 of 1
 eastcoast2895
03-25-2004, 2:26 PM
(link from shacknews)
http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=21848)

i was going to put this in the gamespy preview topic, but thought this deserved its own since it gave some beefy info like the a bulk of the enemies with description and weapons with description (there's a concussion rifle that is throwback to the Jedi Knight Concussion Rifle, love it when Expanded Universe stuff influences other Expanded Universe stuff)
 RoxStar
03-25-2004, 8:34 PM
This game looks better than battlefront. Why don't we have a forum for it yet.
 Taos
03-28-2004, 6:36 AM
Why don't we have a forum for it yet.

All things in good time. I believe there is something in the works now.
 Doomie
03-28-2004, 8:16 AM
of course it looks better. Battlefront is supposed to be playable only with lots of people. If it featured cutting edge graphics, there would be only three poeple worldwide that could play without lagging. And about the forum, why not make one here? Well not a real forum, but we can discuss the game here.
 Gabrobot
03-29-2004, 6:43 AM
Er, well I think the player limit in Republic Commando is, like Doom 3, because of a design decision and not an engine limit...unless I'm mistaken about the limits of the Unreal engine... ;)
 eastcoast2895
04-02-2004, 2:25 AM
looks like ign basically lifted info from homelan fed interview in this artilce:
http://pc.ign.com/articles/503/503758p1.html)
 dark jedi 8
04-02-2004, 11:52 PM
they gave some nice info. but somehow i think their should be more weapons, call me unapreciative (sp) but thats my opinion. everything elso looks sweet though!:D
 eastcoast2895
04-03-2004, 4:04 AM
i don't mind when there aren't that many weapons as long as they are useful and specific and don't overlap. like shotgun, rifle, pistol, etc. some games with lots of guns have about 5 pistols that barely differ. also it means that the rifle you start with isn't a weaker version of what you get at the end which also kinda annoys me that it takes so long to get the really cool guns.
 dark jedi 8
04-03-2004, 11:53 PM
yeah, like in jedi academy. not that i used the guns anyway.:D
Page: 1 of 1