Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Uhhh, Anchorhead we have a problem...

Page: 1 of 1
 greymeister
03-24-2004, 5:33 PM
Yeah....I was using the add person to party script that others on this board explained where you could dialog to add someone to their party. I did this, and added Darth Malak to my party. However, as I have been playing, I found something unusual. Namely, that the Malaks are replicating in the ship. Every time I visit the Ebon Hawk, there is another Malak to be found in the small quarters in which they are replicating. Here is a screenshot:

http://home.earthlink.net/~greymeister/images/malaks_galore.jpg)

I'm thinking this may pose a problem towards the end of the game , when it is feasible that the ship will be full of Malaks, or if and when there are too many malaks for the space, the game will crash. Any ideas?

Greymeister
 dj_owen
03-24-2004, 5:51 PM
this is crazy, it happened to me too.

i just ignored it, i didn't have any problems, but then again, i never had that many extra characters!
 gameunlimited
03-24-2004, 10:38 PM
A very easy solution to this problem is to make sure that the Tag field is set to the same as whatever NPC party member you replace.

This problem is caused by the Ebon Hawk module. Whenever you enter the Ebon Hawk, the module will call for a script that spawns available party members. Each party member has a slot number, Bastila being 0, Carth is 2, and so forth from 0 to 8. The module will spawn these slots. The script will look something like this:

SpawnAvailableNPC(0, Location);
SpawnAvailableNPC(1, Location);
SpawnAvailableNPC(2, Location);
SpawnAvailableNPC(8, Location);

When you exit the ebon hawk, another script is called. It deletes all NPC objects in the ebon hawk. However, unlike the spawn script, this time the script does not delete NPC by their slot number. The script deletes NPC using their tag. Meaning, some script like this will be called:

DestroyObject(GetObjectByTag("Bastila");
DestroyObject(GetObjectByTag("Carth");
DestroyObject(GetObjectByTag("Canderous");
etc...

As you can guess, Malak's tag is "Malak" (or maybe something else similar, I am lazy to check out the exact one). Since the script is only designed to delete the original party members, Malak won't be deleted. However, the next time you enter the Ebon Hawk, he will be spawned again as he occupies a certain slot number. So if you extract the Malak's creature file, rename it and also rename the Tag field (using GFF Editor) to, say "Bastila" and have him to replace Bastila's spot, this problem will not arise. This is exactly what I did with my Yuthura mod, you can check it out for your own reference.
 greymeister
03-25-2004, 12:31 AM
I don't know how to edit the creatures themselves. Wouldn't it be better to edit the script that the Ebonhawk calls to delete the right tag?
 gameunlimited
03-25-2004, 1:59 AM
The scripts that I mentioned were already compiled and I don't think that Bioware provides us with the uncompiled version. So the best bet is still to edit the creature file itself.
 tk102
03-25-2004, 2:05 AM
As always, gameunlimited, thanks for your scripting advice. You're a great help.
 greymeister
03-25-2004, 4:00 PM
So once again...how do you edit the utc files?
 tk102
03-25-2004, 6:44 PM
UTC files are simply GFF files and can be edited using KT (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=121572) and/or GFF Editor (http://nwn.bioware.com/developers/gff_download.html).
 greymeister
03-25-2004, 7:49 PM
Ok thanks.
 gonk-raider
08-02-2004, 5:20 AM
Ok, enough beating around the bush.. what do I do EXACTLY do recruit Yuthera.. I'm going mad!
 RedHawke
08-02-2004, 5:32 AM
Originally posted by gonk-raider
Ok, enough beating around the bush.. what do I do EXACTLY do recruit Yuthera.. I'm going mad!

OK Gonk-raider, this thread is related to the Yuthura mod how? :confused:

*Sigh...* Please use the search function and you can quickly find the pertinent thread to post your question in, like this one Recruitable Yuthura mod (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122508).

EDIT: I read the thread and the mod creator has the answer of how to recruit her in there!

I hope this helps! :D
Page: 1 of 1