Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

n00b looking for basics

Page: 1 of 1
 TheGONGman
03-24-2004, 2:50 AM
Hey guys, I'm new to mods, models levels and all this game editing stuff but I'm not at all new to 3D. I'd just like any links if anyone would be kind enough to provide them to sites or pages that would inform me on the basics of mods and how to build them. I keep hearing things that sound like people use editing tools to build their mods. Is this true? and could I get a link to a good one? Thanks everyone, sorry if this is a repeated question but I couldn't seem to find anything with the search seeing as to how I'm not too sure what I'm looking for, just basic info, where to get started assuming I can already work well with 3D.

Peace
 Lil Killa
03-24-2004, 3:06 AM
You know.... doing something as simple as looking near the top of this very forum can sometimes save a little time a trouble....

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88394)

and if your gonna make models go buy 3ds max :D

EDIT:

Oh and I deleted the four other "mysterious" empty threads you made.... Might have been a system hichup but..

If a mod sees this... No I didn't hack the network i just posted a message and then deleted it as the thread was empty and I had the first post :)
 TheGONGman
03-24-2004, 4:50 AM
haha oops sorry about that, did searches but didn't look at pinned posts. With all the forums I've been to I should know better, sorry about that lol.

BTW I'm a Maya user, so I should be fine with making models on the tools side of things
Page: 1 of 1