Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Recruitable Darth Bandon

Page: 1 of 2
 Big_D
03-24-2004, 12:36 AM
hey im new to these forums and yah, is there a mod or is it possible to have darth bandon join you?
 PrtyLizardJedi
03-24-2004, 2:33 PM
I'm not sure there is one. Nobody's propably thought about it. Ask someone to make it, but definetly not me!
 Darth Kellen
03-25-2004, 11:20 PM
I would really like to see it done. Bandon is pritty cool.:vadar:
 Tianhou_Zhong
03-25-2004, 11:32 PM
I don't like him..... :( But if someone made the mod, I'll still try it!
 greymeister
03-26-2004, 12:51 AM
See this thread:
Calo Nord Recruitable Thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125565)

That's how to make any NPC you want recruitable.
 tk102
03-26-2004, 5:01 AM
For an example of recruiting an NPC, check out gameunlimited's Yuthura mod (http://alvin777t.tripod.com). He also mentioned an important point about it in this thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125631).
 Big_D
03-29-2004, 9:19 PM
I don't really no how to make mods, nor do i have the time. Plz can someone help me with this :)
 greymeister
03-29-2004, 10:43 PM
I'm fairly confident with the way that my Calo Nord mod worked, so I'll give this one a shot too, although I don't remember as much about the encounter so it may take a few days.
 pascalneder009
04-01-2004, 5:46 AM
Way to go Greymaster keep up the good work :D
 PrtyLizardJedi
04-04-2004, 4:44 PM
Originally posted by greymeister
I'm fairly confident with the way that my Calo Nord mod worked, so I'll give this one a shot too, although I don't remember as much about the encounter so it may take a few days.

The mod worked, but the Profiency All was way overkill
 Wanubion
04-06-2004, 5:11 PM
*Edit: no e-mail posting:use PM* if i only find a way, i can host it for you...
 Darth333
04-06-2004, 5:22 PM
You could set up a web page in a few minutes with http://www.tripod.lycos.com) .

That's what I did and you get around 20MB space for your files.
 Wanubion
04-06-2004, 5:46 PM
it can maximum be 20mb big.
 Darth333
04-06-2004, 8:40 PM
Hmmm...I was just reading this thread again and it's not clear whether or not the Bandon mod has been made. You maybe waitin' for nothing Wanubion. :confused:
 Doom_Dealer
04-06-2004, 8:48 PM
the darth bandon mod doesnt exist as far as i know, jsut recruitabel uthura, calo nord, and dustil 9problem with them is that they all replace the same character :(:(:( so you cant have them alla t once). I guess its just a matter of time before someone makes this, i personally think hes one of the coolest characters in the game, but thats only my opinion.
 Darth333
04-06-2004, 10:11 PM
I can do the mod if someone writes the dialogue to recruit him (I don't like Bandon that much so i lack inspiration).

Also tell me which npc you'd like him to replace: Mission, Zaalbar, T3(again), HK or Canderous.
 Doom_Dealer
04-06-2004, 10:36 PM
do you mean make the dialog mod or jsut write a lil script for it???
 Doom_Dealer
04-06-2004, 10:38 PM
o and make him replace, erm, mission!!!, shes abit useless really.
 Darth333
04-06-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Doom_Dealer
do you mean make the dialog mod or jsut write a lil script for it???

I mean just the lines (words) that you want him and your pc to say. I'll do the mod.
 Doom_Dealer
04-06-2004, 10:45 PM
write, well let me think

bandon says something about hes been looking forward to this for a long time, but i cant see a way of saying something that would turn it around. hmmm ill have a think.
 Doom_Dealer
04-06-2004, 11:09 PM
im stuck, :s as far as i can tell hes pure evil, the only chance you have of recruiting him is befoer you discover your revan, so you cant play that card.
I suppose you might be able to make some kind of offer where you tell him that he will help him kill malak and he willbe sith lord, as taht is 'the way of the sith'.
still cant really think of putting that in any kinda script :s, ah well
 Darth333
04-07-2004, 12:03 AM
Perhaps something like "do you really think Malak has a chance?"
 thegoryone
04-07-2004, 1:22 AM
"he was my apprentice once....The tables shall not turn...blah blah, become mine and I will show you real power, blah blah blah"
 tk102
04-07-2004, 1:58 AM
No how about:

[Force Persuade] You will join me.

I will join you...

But you have to have a very high charisma to pull it off. :dozey:
 Darth333
04-07-2004, 2:21 AM
Originally posted by tk102
No how about:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Force Persuade] You will join me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:

I will join you...

But you have to have a very high charisma to pull it off. :dozey:

Not bad TK... I haven't dig into it but I'll probably need your help to get this option working (script). After my Dustil mod, the rest is certainly not a problem. ;)
 Camcarneyar
04-07-2004, 4:50 AM
This is sounding great, Force persuade is definitely the best way, shows darkside tendencies and you'd only really want Bandon if you were DS, and yeah, Mission would be the one to replace.
 T7nowhere
04-07-2004, 5:20 AM
Well to go along with Haveing to have High charisma It should also be nessesary to have Dominate mind. :) You will need to edit the Dialogs For Manaan, Tatooine, Korriban and Kasshykk.

You know strangely enough This mod was being made bySSJ3Goku (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125050&highlight=Bandon) Remember. In that thread he said It was Finnished, but wasn't sure about what slot to put him in and then nothing sinse then.
 Darth333
04-07-2004, 1:49 PM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
You know strangely enough This mod was being made bySSJ3Goku (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125050&highlight=Bandon) Remember. In that thread he said It was Finnished, but wasn't sure about what slot to put him in and then nothing sinse then.

Hmmm...strange in fact. I just tried searching around for the mod and it seems that if it was ever finished it was never posted. It's been a while since I have seen SSJ3Goku around here.
 pascalneder009
04-07-2004, 2:32 PM
Ki$$ my a$$ !!!

i posted a reply and that guy didn't respond he is working 2 moths on this mod by now so go ahead if you want darth 333
 Doom_Dealer
04-07-2004, 3:22 PM
dont make it neccessary to have high charisma, that would just meen certain people coulndt have him, i.e you would get to the encounter and suddenly realise you cant go backwards, and suddenly realise you cant recruit him, how dissapointing. And sorry to be teh one to kinda ruin everything, but bandon is a dark JEDI a strong sith aswell, so i dont really think force persuade would work on him.
 tk102
04-07-2004, 3:27 PM
Yeah my suggestion was half-joking.
 Darth333
04-07-2004, 8:01 PM
Very well... if I don't receive any "serious" suggestions before the weekend, I'll do as I wish and if you don't like it you'll have to live with it (or do the mod yourself.) :p

Personally I don't like Bandon so it's your own risk... Hmm...Perhaps I could use Malak's method: use a bit of lightning... :rolleyes:
 T7nowhere
04-07-2004, 9:48 PM
Perhaps you can have the fight like the fight with Bastila. you know fight, talk, fight, lightning, talk, choke, then dominate mind. That should do it :)

OR you could have him run away after the first fight and then pop up at different places after the leviathan. This would be the most fun IMO, but would require a considerable amount of work and sinse you don't like Bandon you probly won't want to go to such lengths.

I still think you should need Dominate mind to force him to your side and a conditional to make sure the pc is darkside. Ithink if you spell it out from the start that the only way to get him is to have Dominate mind then people if they want him will be sure take that force power.

Oh and Darth333 I think you or someone mentioned that you couldn't use recruit dustil and recruit yuthera mods together because of them both needing the same slot. Thats not completely true, Now correct me if im wrong but the only way to have the option to have Dustil join you is to side with Uthar. Well the only way to get Yuthera is to side with her and Kill Uthar. :) So all that is required is to combine the 2da files and there shouldn't be any conflict.
 Darth333
04-07-2004, 11:29 PM
Perhaps you can have the fight like the fight with Bastila. you know fight, talk, fight, lightning, talk, choke, then dominate mind. That should do it :)

OR you could have him run away after the first fight and then pop up at different places after the leviathan. This would be the most fun IMO, but would require a considerable amount of work and sinse you don't like Bandon you probly won't want to go to such lengths.

Both options are interesting, especially the second one. But as you say it's a lot of work and I'm still just a beginner with this. I'll see what I can do. That would make Bandon a little more interesting. ;)

About the Yuthura thing, I don't remember who asked for this but it wasn't me. I had that in mind when I did the mod. This is exactly why I chose to remove t3 from the party and not another npc. I was thinking of combining the two files but I didn't want to use GU's mod without his permission (I must admit that I never asked).
 sanitarium
04-08-2004, 3:02 AM
How about Bandon mentioning something about you being Revan? He challenges you, and if you win he accepts defeat and joins your party because you have proved your power in battle.

I don't know if that would be possible, but it would make sense.

And I would think everyone using mods on KOTOR has finished the game at least once, so it doesn't really ruin anything if he mentions you are Revan. The idea would also work even if Bandon doesn't mention Revan. You still win, and he decides you are stronger than Malak.
 T7nowhere
04-08-2004, 5:35 AM
Originally posted by sanitarium
How about Bandon mentioning something about you being Revan? He challenges you, and if you win he accepts defeat and joins your party because you have proved your power in battle.

Thats not a bad idea, but If bandon does acknowledge you as reven it should only be after you have escaped the Leviathan. I have finnished the game many many times and I know whats going to happen, but I still don't want the continuity of the story disrupted. After all the story is the most important part of KotOR.
 Poggle
04-08-2004, 10:24 AM
In the story malak and co all know that you are revan basically from when calo nord turns up so bandon could just say something like "I have been beaten by the true dark lord" since in story terms the revelation is still some way ahead it might work as just another little hint?
 Doom_Dealer
04-08-2004, 11:38 AM
ye i like jabbas suggestion, but maybe make it a little more sutle say
'i have been beaten by the true master'
any idea when it will be ready for d/l?
 PrtyLizardJedi
04-08-2004, 11:50 AM
well, I think this oughta be goodie>

crappy talking

beat his dark jedi butt

then he says: I understand now. Malak won't have a chance against you. I pledge myself to you
 Darth Straker
04-08-2004, 9:58 PM
What I did, is not exactly what you are talking about, but I made a mod that lets you choose Bandon's head (and body too) in the new game screen.
 Darth333
04-09-2004, 10:53 PM
Some help needed:

Ok I've made my choice:

The mod is nearly completed. In fact I have everything ready except one thing: i can't make Bandon stop fighting when his two thugs are dead and when his health drops below a certain amount :confused: Once he stops fighting, I imagine that to make him talk to my PC again i have to insert this somewhere in the script :

AssignCommand(oNPC,ActionStartConversation(oPC,"bandon_dlg"))

(I have the other scripts needed to check for high Charisma and to make Bandon fight again .)

In the meantime, I'll see if I can add soundfiles as in the Dustil mod but the problem is that Bandon doesn't say much so there's very little material to work with.
 Poggle
04-09-2004, 10:57 PM
I'm not sure but you may need to alter the utc file so he has a min hit points i could be wrong but its the first thing that came to mind
 Darth333
04-09-2004, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by BigJabba
I'm not sure but you may need to alter the utc file so he has a min hit points i could be wrong but its the first thing that came to mind

Haven't tried that but it won't make him stop fighting. I suppose I have to change his faction to make him talk. That's not complicated either. The problem is to do this at a precise moment: when his two thugs are dead.
 T7nowhere
04-10-2004, 5:31 AM
Well we know it can be done as it happens with the fight with yuthera an the 2 with bastila and Malak.

I think it is a script that fires when the Hp goes below a certain point. I remember seeing one in the list of nss that had made the npc flee. I'll see what I can find.
 Darth333
04-10-2004, 1:25 PM
Well we know it can be done as it happens with the fight with yuthera an the 2 with bastila and Malak.

I think it is a script that fires when the Hp goes below a certain point. I remember seeing one in the list of nss that had made the npc flee. I'll see what I can find.

I've been looking through many files and couldn't find it. Perhaps you will have more luck. I rather think that Bandon should have minimum 1hp and the script should fire when his two thughs are dead. This happens with Xor the second time you meet him and I believe its the same for Rulan (or Zulan?) on Dantoine. I'm not sure about him: I think the script simply fires when his HP drops under a certain point.:confused:

The first one to find the answer gets a bag full of cookies :)
 uru
04-10-2004, 2:45 PM
eh I'm just browsing around, and came across case 2007, which happens to be hench_event_on_death, just a urandom thought but couldn't you technically initiate a break when the henchmen are dead, clear all actions, and then insert the re-action of the dialog? Kind of sloppy, I'll browse a bit more. :I
 T7nowhere
04-10-2004, 5:36 PM
you may have already found these but I think that it will help.

k_act_xordie.nss
k_amb_enemyflee.nss

this is all I could. I wish I was more helpful :)
 tk102
04-10-2004, 5:44 PM
Do you think an [OnHeartbeat script that checked the NPC's hit points and started a dialog if below a certain value] work?

Edit: Actually you'd probably want to use the OnDamaged event and set the Min1HP flag using GFF Editor. That way, you're guaranteed that the NPC won't die on you. Juhani's Dantooine template for example has that field set to 1.

I didn't see the Min1HP flag anywhere in KotOR Tool's UTC editor however.

And technically speaking, the script reference will actually go in the ScriptOnUserDefine field and will check to see if the event is an "OnDamaged" event using the GetUserDefinedEventNumber function as the first thing in the script.

Just be sure to set the Min1HP flag back to zero when he gets recruited or he'll be immortal.

See k_def_userdef01.nss for a skeleton script.
 Emperor Pangasa
04-11-2004, 3:36 AM
A recruitable Darth Bandon? It should be interesting to see how this plays out:emperor:
 tk102
04-11-2004, 4:55 AM
Cross-reference to this (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=126615) thread.

Did you say something about cookies?

If you're out of cookies, I'll take a thread that describes the steps required to make lipsync work in a custom-made dialog.
Page: 1 of 2