Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Models not looking as good in game?

Page: 1 of 1
 addit
03-18-2004, 4:29 PM
Hello. As you can probably tell I'm quite new here (first post ack!) and only been modelling for a few days now... I wanted to ask why my models never seem to look as good in game, below is a screenshot to show what I mean:

http://jacademy.netfirms.com/tree.htm)

See how the colours are different etc. I mean it still looks alright but I wish the branches were a bit darker like in the modeller... I've tried just darking the texture but it just doesn't give the same affect...

My first thoughts were that this could be fixed with shaders etc. (btw which I hate!;) ) but then I thought it could be a mistake in my qc file? Or is this something I just have to live with? Well I would be greatful to hear any of your ideas/responses... Hehehe almost forgot - i'm using milkshape 3D and this is my first ever model!

Thanking you in anticipation,

Adam
 Ziechel
03-19-2004, 5:49 PM
That happens all the time. The colors seem to be not as dark as in the modview/gmax/milkshape program.
Simply make the texture darker.
(it may also be the rain on the pic you made in the game which makes the tree look different)
Page: 1 of 1