Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How ironic is this?

Page: 1 of 1
 tmarques
03-17-2004, 11:18 PM
When PC Gamer chose S&M2 as one of their top 10 games of 2004, they interviewed Mike S.

He said - jokingly - that they considered making an action game, a sports game and an RPG until Lucas Arts "showed us the sales figures for the first Sam & Max adventure game and told us to do another one"

What I don't quite understand is adventure games are no deader now than they were when this projected started. I could understand if they never even started making another adventure game, but why cancel it after working on one for over a year? If anything, Syberia and The Longest Journey have given the genre a boost. What gives?
 Jake
03-17-2004, 11:40 PM
Remember that in the last year and a half LucasArts did have a pretty big shuffle in upper management. I don't know if its the cause, but it very well could be. New president, new director of public relations, a lot of game designers quit, the company's overall art director "was asked to leave,"so surely there were shuffles in other areas, probably including the sales and marketing departments. And, given the current trends within LucasArts, I would suspect that most everyone new is of the same attitude of Sam & Max 2's cancellation press release: "All business, no good games."
 tmarques
03-17-2004, 11:44 PM
Thanks, I had no idea about the changes - guess that really seals S&M2's fate.

So the only thing left of the Lucas Arts we knew and loved is the name of the company. Same thing happened with Bullfrog.
 Wasobi33
03-30-2004, 11:31 PM
Maybe theyre just seeing how much people care if they cancel it or not?
 StonerDave&Max
04-07-2004, 4:47 PM
You wish, thats nothing more than a pipe dream. What good reasons do you have to back up that belief? NONE!!! Its just a leap of faith to belive that.
 Dr Edison 007
04-09-2004, 10:25 AM
What's more ironic is that Full Throttle 2 was on that list last year.
 misanthrope
04-10-2004, 4:40 AM
mmmmmm.... pipedream.......

-----------------------------------------

i wonder when they're gonna make another carrot top movie? i hope its after everything dies
 misanthrope
04-11-2004, 5:55 AM
like a fox
 Ray Jones
04-11-2004, 10:15 PM
sneaky!
 ZeroCredibility
04-20-2004, 2:52 AM
Originally posted by tmarques
If anything, Syberia and The Longest Journey have given the genre a boost. What gives?

The Longest Journey?! Egad!! I just purchased this game on Friday, and the voice acting of the main character is disgraceful! And what's with the endless dialogue and repetative descriptions?

"It's a chair"
"It's a table"
"It's a fan"
"It's a pen"
"It's a plant"
 Jester
04-20-2004, 6:03 AM
More productive than the constant "No point in going down there" of Syberia. And poor voice acting? Where the hell was the director of Komkolzgrad supposed to hail from?

I suspect the notorious Kelvin Cheema (http://www.kelvincheema.com/index2.htm). Observe the voice section. On par. On. Par.
 Samnmax221
04-25-2004, 9:46 PM
you think thats funny look at the stilt walker suit in hit the road during differnt stages of making a bigfoot suit

Discovered that while playing with Scummrev
Page: 1 of 1