Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Win32 Dedicated Server version 1.011 requirements

Page: 1 of 1
 Avitor
03-16-2004, 8:37 PM
Where can I find the minimum and recommended operating system and hardware requirements for the Star Wars Jedi Academy dedicated server for Win32, Version 1.011?
 Amidala from Chop Shop
03-16-2004, 11:06 PM
http://support.lucasarts.com/trg/tgd.asp?id=2569&g=144&s=8)

For optimal performance during Internet play, it is recommended that Jedi Academy be hosted on a fast computer (PIII 700+) with a broadband connection. Games hosted on fast Internet connections such as ISDN, Cable Modem, xDSL, or T1 will result in the best possible experience over the Internet. Having more than 128MB of RAM installed on the server system also improves network performance and stability.

Remember, that's the minimum. I sometimes run an 8-player server on a 1.8 GHz Celeron that is doing nothing else, and sometimes the CPU usage goes up to >50%, so I would say that is a more realistic number to avoid CPU-induced lag.
 Andy867
03-16-2004, 11:58 PM
I have run a PII 300Mhz processor with 128MB Ram for Asteroids with 4 people and it ran ok, though the CPU resources were usually 38%-75%:)
Page: 1 of 1