Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Strongest Under the Heavens!

Page: 1 of 2
 Hiroki
03-15-2004, 5:17 AM
This thread was inspired by another thread, wich was detailing all the types of anime that could be used to make an RPG, I have decided to creat this one, based on the Dragon Ball ( pre-Z, becouse Z would be a God Mode frenzy... ) time set.

This is takeing place 100 years before the Dragon Ball story started. The level of Tech on earth is a bit higher than ours, but not as high as it is in the series. You can be pretty much anything really, I'm trying to give you some freedom here, though I'm guessing most will probably choose to be a Martial Artist.

Examples are, of course, Martial Artist, soldier, civilian, sciantist, docter, assasin, Officer ( Of an army, high ranking type of fellow. ), Police Officer if you want...really, these are just examples, you can be anything, aslong as it fits into the Manga and/or Anime canon.

The world itself is based off of the Japanese version of the show, so I should go over some terms with you. I will first list the dub name, then I will list the Japanese name.

Dub Name: Flying Nimbus.
Japanese name: Kinto'un.

Dub Name: Saiyen
Japanese name: Saiya-jin.

Dub Name: Dino Capsules.
Japanese Name: Hoi-Poi Capsules.

Dub Name: The world martial arts Tournament.
Japanese Name: Tenkachi Budokai. ( The Strongest Under the Heavens Tournament, is what I think it means. )

Dub Name: King Piccolo
Japanese Name: Piccolo Daimou. ( Piccolo the Demon King I think this means. )

Dub Name: Power pole.
Japanese Name: Nioy-Bou. ( I think I mis-spelled that, I always forget. )

Dub Name: Eternal Dragon.
Japanese Name: Shenron.

Dub Name: Master Roshi.
Japanese Name: Muten Roshi AKA Kame Sen'nin. ( Turtle Hermit. )

Hmm, thats all I can think of for now, I might add more later. But lets keep it simple for now, no need to overwhelm anybody. :) Okay, for the basic rules.

You can *NOT* be a Saiya-jin. No Saiya-jins...there are none on earth at this time. Keep your battle power within the limits of Dragon Ball. Lets say, 400. You can be a human, or a beast-man type race. You can be a demon aswell if you want, I just hope everybody doesn't make one...You can even be a weasily little guy like Pilaf if you want. You can be good or evil, or somewhere in betwean if thats your thing.

If you plan to be a Martial Artist, please list your fighting style, and if you have any special attacks, or Ki Based attacks - eather made up ( No God Mode powers like the Planet Buster... ), or taken from the series, along with your normal profile info. If you use a weapon, also list it.

Everybody must list there battle powers, even if your a civilian, scientist, or something along thoughs lines who probably has a low ki, you have to list it. As always, No God Modeing, killing others characters, or controling others characters without there permision.

Alright, for some background. The world at this point as in a relatively calm state, there are no Demon Lords, hostile armys, or insane blue midgets out for glory, it is one year before the next Tenkachi Budokai, and fighters around the world are training heavily in preperation. Only the strongest make it to the finals.

And as always, treasure hunters, hidden Tyrants with a desire to rule the world, and love-lost people are searching for the mystical Dragon Balls.

Profile:
Name: Hitori Takiama
Sex: Male
Profession: Martial Artist.
Hair: Black
Eyes: Black
Hight: 5'9
Weight: 132 Ibs.
Ki Rateing: 127
Martial Arts Style: Self Taught, Style name: Hitori-ken. ( Yeah, not to origanel, but I'm lazy! =P )

Attacks/Ki Blasts:

Gouka-ken ( The force of the punch causes a heated aura to form around the users fist, severely burning what ever he contacts with it. )

Hell Canon ( This Ki blast is made to be used in only the most dire situations, as it burns clean thru the target if it hits, the attack costs the user alot of stamina to use, however, so it is rarely seen. )

Lightning Upercut. ( A simple but effective attack, it atempts to strike the enemy on the chin, from a crouching position, the attack happens so rapidly, that only the most skilled Martial Artists could hope to see it comeing. )

Synopsis: Hitori was orphened at the young age of seven when thugs robbed his parents house while he was at school, killing his mother and father. When he arived home, and after seeing the corpses of his parents, he fled his home, only thinking about revenge againts the ones who did this to his only family.

Hitori did not know where to start, however, untill he encountered a traveling merchant, useing some of the zeni that was left hidden by his perants, he bought several books on martial arts, hopeing that they would aid him in his quest. He studied them over the next few years, takeing odd jobs to buy the food he needed, aswell as any other books he desired.

Though he won many fights that he got into, he eventually encountered a true martial artist, after sparring with him, and failing horribly, the Martial Artist told Hitori that to be a true fighter, reading from a book would not be enough, he must experiance the world, and fight againts other powerful fighters if he is to truely become strong.

Hitori, after thinking on the mans words, eventually set out on his own, traveling all over the world, challengeing fighters as he went, improveing on his skills, and training himself to be a great fighter one day. As he did this, Hitori slowly let go of his lust for vengence, his heart now filled with the dreams of becomeing a great fighter.

After years of training, he has become a skilled, and rugged fighter, gaining quite the reputation among the professional fighting world. His goal still burns strong in him, and aslong as there are men to fight, it will not dim.

__________________________________________________ __

Hitori walked thru the city, holding an umbrella over his head as the rain poured down on him, slowly looking up at the dark storm clouds the hovered above his head. "I think I better find a place to sleep for night." He spoke calmly to himself, turning his head, as his eyes scanned for a Hotel that he may find refuge in.

Finding none, he continued walking, carefully observeing each building that he passed, moveing quitely thru the busy sidewalk, the nameless faces passing him by as he walked twords no place in perticuler.
 Ziechel
03-16-2004, 1:12 PM
Ooh well i dont get it? This thread has no story, anyway, I like DB and i will join if you make up a good story.
 Hiroki
03-16-2004, 2:11 PM
Alright, story time, I don't know why I forgot that.

It is a year before the next Tenkachi Budokai ( Strongest Under the Heavens ) Tournament. The fighters around the world are getting prepareing themselves thru intense training, you know, knocking down tree's, busting massive bolders with there bare hands...that sort of thing.

However, one fighter, Hou Fang Ran, is resentful of the tournament, he wants to see it ended forever, as he was once the champion, untill he fought againts a oponent who, while the judge was distracted thru dirt in his eyes, giveing him a swift kick out of the ring just as the Judge had turned back around.

He see the Tenkachi Budokai closed by whatever means, even if it means arangeing the death of the fighters, and haveing the blame put on the sponcers of the tournament...However, no one but him knows of his plot, and with the worlds finest martial artists prepareing for the tournament, no one really has time to find out.

Alright, Hou Fang's the kick-off for the story, and your first enemy. He seeks to have all of the fighters within the tournament murdered, makeing it look like it was the sponcers of the Tenkachi Budokai's incompitence that let it happen. By doing this, he hopes the public will demand a end be put to the age old Tournament.

Our characters will uncover his plan and have to try and stop him in this part of the RPG, though after we defete him, new villans can emerge, and new ones after that...thats the cool thing about DB, they just keep comeing and comeing. :)
 Ziechel
03-16-2004, 4:13 PM
Name: Yang (http://server6.uploadit.org/files/Ziechel-fangwu_ecchi.jpg) ((brother of yin?!? :p ))
Male 4 sure....
Nothing is known of him until he was the age of 18. He lost the last tounaments semi final round and now wants to win.

Yang walked on the ring, fallen in his thoughts.
He thought about the tournament and about his win there.
Today he saw a robed fighter which had a very strong karma and fear causing eyes, and swore himself to beat this fighter
 Hiroki
03-16-2004, 5:10 PM
(( The Tenkachi Budokai is a year away, so lets say you're in a city-based small time Tournament right now, okay? ))

The fight thru his robe to the ground, revealing a massive man, covered in muscles, a wide smirk on his face as he cracked his knuckles, looking at the much smaller Yang.

*Anouncer* And today we have Yang vs Cut-Throat Malbar!

*Malbar* Heh heh heh...I'm gonna break you in half you little turd! *smirks widely*

The huge fighter dashed forward, the ring shakeing slightly with each of his powerful footsteps, his fist raised in the air as he ran straight at Yang, who was standing there calmly, not even in a combat pose. "What're you doin' standing there?! Are you makein' fun of me?!" He roared as he was almost on top of him.
 Ziechel
03-16-2004, 6:07 PM
[as i understand we play a bit in god mode?? - Yehaw, thats gonna be fun!!]

Yang nodded, "yes, i am making fun of you" he said very polite.
Cut-throat jumped at him, angrily and punched Yang directly in the face. But he didnt even make a move. It seemed he wasnt even hit by the big man. Yang smiled and glazed over to cut-throat. "ok, now its my turn" he said calmly and ran so fast that the eyes couldnt really follow the action.
While pointing on cut-throad an energie blast appeared in his hand. It grew bigger and bigger and when it reached head-size, Yang threw it at cut-throad. He was thrown out of the ring by the small explosion and was knocked out when he hit the wall of the ring end.
 Hiroki
03-16-2004, 9:27 PM
(( Well, your only god-like strong againts your Joe Shmoe fighter, such as the one you just beat. Againts a posters character, you arn't. Just like in the anime. :) ))

Hitori sat in the crowd of people, around the ring of the prize tournament. It was nothing big, hardly anything compared to the Tenkachi Budokai, but it was worth a watch, atleast the fighter who had just won was.

*Anouncer* And the winner is...Yang! Come collect your 10,000 zeni at the front desk, please.

Hitori walked out of the crowd as they begain to leave, starting on his way back to his hotel. "I better start training soon, I've only got a year before it starts..." He spoke quitely to himself, as he moved silently down the sidewalk.
 LukeKatarn
03-16-2004, 9:53 PM
Name Jak Yertew
Gender Male
Age 20
Profession Martial Artist
Hair black
Eyes Green
Hight 5'7
Weight 160 Ibs
Ki rateing 250
Martial arts style Zen-lopet (yeah not original)
Snyopis A human Jak was raised as a Martial artist and is very strong! Jak is at a big time city turnament not as big as the Tenkachi Budokai for sure he is fighting in the finales fighting a 9'0 foot tall man and the man is 500 Ibs! The man punches Jak with his gaint fist normaly this would kill a person but Jak did not even have a scratch on him suddenley the man just fell Jak is so fast that it seamed that he was whare he was but he swiped at his opponent! the announcer says "1.2.3" Jak is the winner! Jak collects his prize 5;000 Zenny!
 Ziechel
03-17-2004, 4:30 PM
Yang said silently "hey, you" as he saw Hitori walking down the street. "YOu have a strong KI, i wondered whether anyone here could be so strong like I am."
 LukeKatarn
03-17-2004, 5:20 PM
Jak is walking on the street "I think I will go train some more at Great forest I have heard of many strong beasts liveing there!" Jak goes to Great forest!
 Black Knight of Keno
03-17-2004, 5:21 PM
Name: Hakuzhi Yamo
Profession: Martial-Artist
Hair: Golden
Eyes: Grey
Martial Arts Style: Many arts combined

Hakuzhi had followed the combat and now was heading for the hotel where he was staying for the week or so. Hakuzhi had been challenged for the next day's battle

((Don't mind if I call my char Tepe, too used to it))
 LukeKatarn
03-17-2004, 6:48 PM
Originally posted by Darth Tepe
Name: Hakuzhi Yamo
Profession: Martial-Artist
Hair: Golden
Eyes: Grey
Martial Arts Style: Many arts combined

Hakuzhi had followed the combat and now was heading for the hotel where he was staying for the week or so. Hakuzhi had been challenged for the next day's battle

((Don't mind if I call my char Tepe, too used to it)) (Tepe the Tenkachi budakai is not for another year)
 Hiroki
03-17-2004, 6:49 PM
Hitori turned to see the man who was shouting to him. "Nani? Are you yelling at me?" He said, raiseing an eyebrow. Hitori slowly turned to face him and looked him up and down. "And who might you be?" Hitori asked the strange man, haveing never seen him before.

The people on the sidewalk continued to walk past them, unaware of the two men converseing in the midst of there every day lives.
 Black Knight of Keno
03-17-2004, 6:53 PM
((Luke, I meant in the city tournament))

Tepe walked past the men and throught a door into a nice hotel. He rose to the second floor and got into his room to rest
 LukeKatarn
03-17-2004, 6:57 PM
Jak is out training in the forest "Wha...?" "A demon?" "Come out you cowerd."
 Hiroki
03-17-2004, 7:07 PM
As Jak yelled for his hidden enemy to emerge, a tree was knocked over, Jak however rolled out of its path, the nature of his attacking soon revealed. The demon stood 6'8 and had a row of razor sharp teeth, drool running down his mouth, large, sharp black claws, on each of his fingers, and each of his toes, and long, thick tail, that looked like it could crush a small building in one hit.

The demon laughed at his much smaller enemy, as he stomped twords him, licking his lips in hunger. "Ahh...the perfect snack to sedate my hunger...now don't run, tiny human, it will all be over in just a second!!!" He screamed as he lunged for Jak, his razer sharp claws extended, and his gapeing maw of a mouth ready to swallow him whole.
 LukeKatarn
03-17-2004, 7:21 PM
"I will not be runing anywhare!" with that said Jak went under the demon picked him up and threw him on the ground! "Gouka-ken!" Then Jak hits the demon and the demon just disolves because of the hige ki rateing of Jak! "Huh that was easy and here I thought this would be hard."
 Ziechel
03-17-2004, 7:58 PM
"i won todays turnament. I saw you in the crowd. I sensed some strong KI. It must be you who owns it." Yang said in short, easy sentences as if his partner was very dumb.
 LukeKatarn
03-17-2004, 8:01 PM
(Theese are some things I want to ask Hiroki)
1) Can we raise our ki after we beet a strong opponent like the demon I just fought?

2)Can we make our own Ki moves?
 Hiroki
03-17-2004, 11:04 PM
(( Well Luke, that Demon, as easily as you killed him couldn't have been tough for you, so it wouldn't raise your ki. Also your ki would only raise by one or two points after beating someone strong, it takes training to really raise it. And yes, you can make your own attacks, just make sure they arn't over powered. ))

Hitori continued to stair at the man who had just adressed him. "You don't need to talk so slowly, I am not a fool." He stated to him politely. "And what if I do have a strong ki? What concern is it of yours Mr....?"
 LukeKatarn
03-18-2004, 10:35 AM
"Huh if that is as hard as they get then it is not worth my time to fight them." Jak leaves the forest. Jak is passing throu the town whare he signs up for the turnament "Well I guess I am up tomarow at 12:00 agenst a guy named Hakzhi (Tepe)."
 Ziechel
03-18-2004, 12:02 PM
Yang nodded. I thought you may help me, Hiroki. I am Yang, i dont think you know me, but you surely now my sister. She is the legendary fighter who beat Dr. Witchblade (i guess all evil people in DB have dumb names ;) )
She was kidnapped by some very strong demons and I didnt have a chance against them. We need to save her.
 Black Knight of Keno
03-18-2004, 12:12 PM
((Please, write the name properly))

Hakuzhi started to meditate and in that very same position he stayed for the night, meditating or resting like someone like to call it
 LukeKatarn
03-18-2004, 12:18 PM
The next day comes and Jak was ready! It was 11:55 and Jak went to the ring and waited for Hakuzhi.
 Black Knight of Keno
03-18-2004, 12:36 PM
Hakuzhi stepped next to the ring and hid his white clothes under a dark cape and a hood. He walked into the ring and looked Jak. He was quiet and waited for the clock to hit 12:00
 LukeKatarn
03-18-2004, 12:41 PM
The clock hit 12:00 and the announcer started the match. Jak went so fast he got right in Hakuzhis face and started rapidley punching!
 Black Knight of Keno
03-18-2004, 1:12 PM
Hakuzhi standed there and his hands blocked under the cape. Then suddenly, there was a fist coming straight to Jak's face. When that was blocked, there was a light coming unser the cape. Hakuzhi grunted as his hands came from the darkness of the cape and blasted a huge ki bolt at Jak and Hakuzhi had there the time to get his cape off. The cape dropped down on the ring and Hakuzhi's clothes glew in the sun. Tepe got ready to launch another. "Ka... me... ha... me... ha!!" Hakuzhi shuted and launched a huge ki attac towards Jak. After that, Hakuzhi jumped up and landed, other leg pointing down on Jak's face

((Those ki bolts are on you. Do they hit or do you fly on the other side of the ring :D ))
 LukeKatarn
03-18-2004, 1:22 PM
(They miss by 1 foot not that far) After the Ki blast almost hit Jak Jak charges up an the attack "KURATETSU-HETSOM!" With that said an aura appears around Jak and then suddenley a barrage of KI attacks come flying out of his fists after launching 20 blasts Jak fires a HUGE blast! (Do any of the blasts hit?)
 Black Knight of Keno
03-18-2004, 1:28 PM
Hakuzhi gets low and the blasts go only few inches away from his head. After the huge blast, he jumped up and charged a huge attack with his fists and kicks at Jak
 LukeKatarn
03-18-2004, 3:20 PM
The kick hits Jak and Jak goes flying to the edge of the ring but not out. then Jak charges up "HEDSEW-YUTER!" Jak bocomes incredabley strong! "GOUKA-KEN." Jak then punches Hakuzhi with his burning fist! (Does it hit)

Here is the low down on my attacks so far

KURATETSU-HETSOM a powerful barrage of 20 ki attacks then a super strong ki blast!

HEDSEW-YUTER powers up my charecter (kind of like the KIO-KEN)!
 Black Knight of Keno
03-18-2004, 3:28 PM
Hakuzhi gets hit in the stomach and flies to the edge of the ring on his back but then jumps up. "Hakuzhi-Kun!!!" he shouts and fires a huge ki bolt at Jak, then his arms light up in flames. He then starts to hit Jak with a huge speed in the chest and five last ones go to the head.
 Ziechel
03-18-2004, 3:33 PM
After Yang talked to Hitori, they said to meet each other at the ring the next day.

Yang was there first and as Hitori was late, he saw a bit of the fight. Both fighters were enormous, they were very fast and strong. Yang decided to talk to these two also like to Hitori. Maybe these people would be able to help him to save his sister.
Yang jumped with a huge jump in the ring,

Both fighters were surprised to see a spectator flying in the ring.

Yang asked: "hey you two. It seems you are too strong to fight with some people here. Maybe you search a REAL enemy? My sister was kidnapped and you should be able to help me finding her. DO you want to help me?

(sry for interrupt but you are equivalent strong :D )
 LukeKatarn
03-18-2004, 3:35 PM
"Ok I will help you."
 Black Knight of Keno
03-18-2004, 3:53 PM
"Is your sister good looking...?" Hakuzhi asked jonkingly, then nodded. "I'll help you" he then said and took his cape and put it on. He put the hood on his head and walked out of the ring with the other two.
 LukeKatarn
03-18-2004, 3:57 PM
"Well whare do we start?"
 Ziechel
03-18-2004, 4:09 PM
Yang, in his own robe whispered: "... my sister looks like hell, if you understand" ((VERY good ;) ))
The announcer of the fight stared very stupid at them, when both fighters left with the winner from the tournament from the last day. He was surprised that they want to risk their lives instead of getting much money.

"We have to wait here, til Hitori comes. Then we will search her."
 LukeKatarn
03-18-2004, 4:24 PM
"Alright then Hakuzhi lets continue the match!"
 Hiroki
03-18-2004, 4:40 PM
Hitori walked up to them just as they where about to start. "Err, sorry I'm late Yang, I had to check out of the hotel and there was a bit of a problem." He said, rubbing his head slightly. "Uhm, who are they? They look pretty strong." Hitori said, smileing slightly.
 Black Knight of Keno
03-18-2004, 4:42 PM
"No, go claim your prize. Tell them I quit the match" Hakuzhi said with a small grin in his face. He looked around and then he saw a huge thug beating an old lady. "Wait here, I need some training" Hakuzhi said while walking towards the thug and putting his leather gloves better. "Hey, leave the woman be!" Hakuzhi shouted an grabbed the thug. The thug grinned at the smaller challenger and tried to hit him with the fat hand. Hakuzhi dodged it and kicked the thug on the stomach. Then he made a small jump and kicked with his both legs in the chest of the thug and landed on his back as the thug collapsed on a wall. Hakuzhi jumped up and got on a defensive position and looked as the thug tried to get up. "Oh no you don't" Hakuzhi said and launched one kick staright to the head of the thug that then fell unconsious. Hakuzhi looked the thug and then turned to the lady that greeted Hakuzhi and left the scene after taking her bag from the thug
 LukeKatarn
03-18-2004, 4:49 PM
"No Hakuzhi I do not collect rewards I have not earned so we split the mony." Jak turns to Hitori "My name is Jak who are you?"
 Hiroki
03-18-2004, 5:26 PM
Hitori smiled a Jak. "Hello there, Jak. My name is Hitori Takiama, its a pleasure to meet you. I assume you will be helping us to find Yangs sister?" Hitori asked them, raiseing an eyebrow.
 Black Knight of Keno
03-18-2004, 5:34 PM
Hakuzhi walks to Hitori. "Yeah" he said and stared at the two fighters in the ring. They beat the heck out of theirselfs, trying the same things as Hakuzhi and Jak
 LukeKatarn
03-18-2004, 5:39 PM
"Hitori Yang do not over work yourselfs Hakuzhi and I have EXTREAMLEY hige KI so do not try some of the moves that Hakuzhi and I have done."
 Ziechel
03-18-2004, 6:10 PM
When he heard that, Yang used a small ki blast to damage the ground under Jaks feet.

Yang grinned and said: "Well well, young challenger. Dont think you are the strongest one in here. Do you really think I would be weak like the normal fighters in here?
And, Hitori is also very strong so dont underestimate our powers, my friend." He launched a second ki blast and pointed it at Jaks head.
"But i dont want to have such strong fighters as you are as my enemys. Better help me"
With that words, Yang shot the Ki blast in the sky.
 LukeKatarn
03-18-2004, 6:32 PM
"Even if that Ki blast hit me I would only have a minor injury but if I shot a ki blast at your arm your arm would surley go flying! but I never said you were as weak as most people here you just are not on my lavel"!
 Ziechel
03-18-2004, 7:22 PM
Yang heard Jak talking and thought the rest for himself. He needs the help of such a poser like Jak was.
"But", Yang thought, "I will need him."
When he trusts so strong in his abilities, this weak boy must be stronger than he showed until now.
At the latest point, when Yang saved Jak's live from a hard and strong enemy, Jak would be able to recognize Yangs true power.
He was the brother of the legendary Yin who saved the world from a crazy doctor, and she wasnt even strong enough to hurt him in a fun fight.

Yang said finally: "Ok, ok, you might be stronger than me, but you dont need only your toughness, you need also a bit of brain to slay those demons. You got something of it?"
He turned around to talk to Hitori.
He sensed Hitoris strong KI and realized Jak was for sure not the strongest in the group, Hitoris energie could be easy to recognize, even by low level fighters.

Yang shouted: "Jak, I am really sorry about what happened just before."
The last thing he needed now was annoyance.
 LukeKatarn
03-18-2004, 7:47 PM
"It is ok Yang you are strong but you still need some more training maybe sometime we can train together now I know I am not the strongest but I do have a stronger Ki then Hitori he is stronger then me. Now whare do we start looking?"
 Hiroki
03-19-2004, 2:08 AM
Hitori smiled at Jak. "I have my ki repressed at the moment, I only allow it to flare when in battle." He then turned and scanned the city with his eyes, trying to get the layout. "Do you have any idea of where they might have taken her?"
 Ziechel
03-19-2004, 12:16 PM
"I last saw them in this damn forest. After they knocked me down and esacped with her." Hate flamed in Yangs eyes, and he was sure he would kill the leader of this demons. He took the first way straight towards the forest.
 Hiroki
03-20-2004, 1:13 AM
Hitori followed close behind him, trying to detect her no doubt faint ki signature, hopeing to get a lock on her that way. As they moved out of the city, and into the forest, he begain to pick up the faint flicker of life that was the girls ki. "I think I feel her around here, Yang."

Hitori stopped suddenly however, when he felt the six other ki's that surounded her. "And I also feel the demons..." He stated coldly. They still have her, but she is alive for the moment atleast. We should not wait any time in finding her, however." He said, giveing Yang a stern look.
Page: 1 of 2