Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Best death scene in star wars?

Page: 1 of 1
 Sivy
03-10-2004, 12:44 PM
which of the listed death scenes is your favourite?

i would have to say obi-wan's. i love the way he looks at Luke with a slight grin before letting vader strike him down. and then the way vader steps on obi's empty robe, thinking wtf?
 Miko_lover
03-10-2004, 1:31 PM
Definately the scene where Shmi dies in Anakin's arms. That was so emotional!

Over all it was a VERY hard decision, though, except for when Obi-wan slices Darth Maul in half. That gets my vote for cheesiest death.
 Rogue15
03-10-2004, 8:10 PM
when palpatine gets thrown over the edge. the music during that scene was so fitting and gave me goosebumps.
 Darth Homer
03-10-2004, 8:24 PM
Yoda's death, because while not flashy, it was very moving and he departed while guiding Luke to fulfill his destiny
 Snafu7
03-10-2004, 8:35 PM
When mace decapitates Jango, mostly because it was just cool.
 Ziegler
03-10-2004, 10:05 PM
The best scene in Star Wars will have to be at the end of episode IV... When Luke, Han and Chewie walks down the path in the throne room and the Rebell Alliance is lined up... and Leia is waiting at the end, with the medals... and all this while John Williams' "Throne Room / End Tittle" plays! It gives me goosebumps! :D
 DarksideDjembe
03-11-2004, 1:40 PM
uhh... anyone see what Leia was wearing when jabba dies? obviously an AWESOME scen...:D
 Glaive v.1
03-11-2004, 6:56 PM
com on it has to be Obi Wans death @ the hands of Vader. its by far the best death i can think off in any movie.
 dark jedi 8
03-12-2004, 1:34 AM
the OT had all the good death scenes, except for boba, he went out like a bitch. my favs are
yoda- i thought it was emotional, freakin sad IMO.
palpatine- vader kicked HIS ass!
obi wan- sportin the grin.:D
maul- only good one from the PT IMO. ( the blood mist effect was freakin awesome).:cool:
 Glaive v.1
03-12-2004, 6:39 AM
but boba fett didn't actually die did
 DarksideDjembe
03-12-2004, 2:19 PM
Originally posted by Miko_lover
Definately the scene where Shmi dies in Anakin's arms. That was so emotional!

So corny... such bad acting...made me about as emotional as stale bread.
 Codja X
03-12-2004, 4:21 PM
The 1st failed trench run where the music slows down after Vader shoots down Red Leader and luke knows it's up to him to blow the death star up - sends shivers down your spine!!! Not a death scene as such, but loads of people die, so I think it qualifies!
 DarksideDjembe
03-12-2004, 6:01 PM
I also like in ROTJ when the millennium falcon is in the death star... such a phat ship...
 dark jedi 8
03-12-2004, 6:31 PM
what about when biggs dies? luke and him never got to catch up on old times. and luke was forced to shrug it off cuz he knew he was the last hope for blowing up the death star.
 DarksideDjembe
03-12-2004, 7:36 PM
I like all the scenes where vador kills dudes with force choke!:vadar: :vsd:
 the_lord_Revan
03-13-2004, 1:36 AM
Originally posted by DarksideDjembe
So corny... such bad acting...made me about as emotional as stale bread.
Quite, but id have to say that Jengo getting decap'd would have to be the best!
wouldn't it be funny as hell if jengos head fell out of the helmet when boba picks his head up after the battle!????
lol i could just invision that!!!
 Wraith 8
03-15-2004, 9:11 AM
im voting vaders end.

and the cheesiest is a few scenes earlier.... palpatine's death..
that one should have been more spectacular then that.
i mean he is the frikken LORD of the sith :) and he gets pushed over a balcony.... even maul had a better death then that.

vaders end was more emotional....a father finally looking upon his son after all the years of evil in his blood. it was amazing.
 Doomie
03-28-2004, 11:29 AM
Vaders death. Starwars is Darth Vaders story, so when he dies, it's the most tragic moment of all six films. (i know that already.)
It's more emotional, luke is even sadder then when Obi-wan died, he even stops for a last father and son moment while he is in the same mortal peril as when Obi-wan died aboard the first death star (wich is my second favorite death scene.)

EDIT:and the cheesiest is a few scenes earlier.... palpatine's death..

First of all, the dark side in him was taking over, he was bent on destroying luke so he didn't pay attention to anything else.
Second of all, Vader got him by surprise. Would you expect your best friend to grab you from the behind and throw you in a reactor core?
Third and last of all, He didn't just got pushed, vader lifted him, and while he was carrying him to that hole palpatine hit him hard with his force lightning WICH caused vader to die. That's remarkably less lame, right?
 Sam Fisher
03-28-2004, 11:43 AM
I liked Jango one, and the Darth Vader w/ Luke scene.

:wavey:
 LukeKatarn
03-28-2004, 1:37 PM
When DARTH MAUL dies! My second fav is JANGO GETING HIS HEAD CUT OFF!
 Doomie
03-29-2004, 1:02 PM
it's the carnage, isn't it katarn?
 LukeKatarn
03-29-2004, 2:00 PM
A little doomgiver but mostley because they get killed by jedi and when darth vader dies is my third fav but yeah they do have something in commen besides being killed by jadi they lose a part of there body so kind of the carnage!
 Taos
03-29-2004, 3:13 PM
The best death scene in the Star Wars movies is when Obi-Wan raises his lightsaber, points it in the air, and glances over at Luke with a smile on his face - right as Vader strikes him down. I'll never forget the first time I saw that.
 Wraith 8
03-30-2004, 6:07 PM
Originally posted by Doomgiver
First of all, the dark side in him was taking over, he was bent on destroying luke so he didn't pay attention to anything else.
Second of all, Vader got him by surprise. Would you expect your best friend to grab you from the behind and throw you in a reactor core?
Third and last of all, He didn't just got pushed, vader lifted him, and while he was carrying him to that hole palpatine hit him hard with his force lightning WICH caused vader to die. That's remarkably less lame, right? uhmm he is a jedi... dark and sith like.. but still a jedi. a jedi sences the emotiobnal differences in people. and they get warned when they are threatend. he HAD to have noticed vader. NO way he couldnt have. pushed / lifted.. whats the difference? its still lame.. he was the most powerfull sith (not including vader... still an apprentice to the years of experience of palpatine) ... he should have met a far more cooler fate then that
 dark jedi 8
03-30-2004, 7:41 PM
but could the technology at the time offer anything else? nowadays GL probably woulda had something really sweet, but i dont think it coulda been done too much "better" back then. IMO.
 ET Warrior
03-30-2004, 7:43 PM
I voted Jango's death. It was just supreme badass the way Mace charged him and took his head off with one clean stroke.
 Poggle
04-13-2004, 11:13 AM
"Apology accepted captain needa" a classic
 Crow_Nest
04-14-2004, 8:09 AM
I like the part where obi slices Maul into half, you rarely see people getting cut into half in SW. :D
 Kain
04-14-2004, 9:12 AM
I thought it was pretty cool when the A-Wing guy got shot and drove it into the main deck of that Star Destroyer(was it the Executioner? Its been awhile).
 dark jedi 8
04-14-2004, 4:28 PM
yep. just remembered how crappy the Dorme death sceen was at the beginning of AOTC. very unconvincing, IMO.
 Crow_Nest
04-15-2004, 7:56 AM
Originally posted by Kain
I thought it was pretty cool when the A-Wing guy got shot and drove it into the main deck of that Star Destroyer(was it the Executioner? Its been awhile).

No it was that .Lt that always talks to vader after the stormtrooper battle scene at the beginning of ANH.
 dark jedi 8
04-15-2004, 4:20 PM
he's talkin about in ROTJ when the a-wing plowed into the bridge of the super star destroyer, executor, and sent it crashing into the death star. and it was very cool.
 Doomie
04-24-2004, 8:50 AM
I keep hearing people say Lucas would have given Palpy a better death if he had up-to-date technology back then. i wouldn't count on it, he likes killing of characters in a lame way. Remember how Boba Fett went down?
 Deeo
04-24-2004, 7:37 PM
Thank God he didn't have "up-to-date" technology. It'd be some CG gloryfest. Ew.

Am I the only one who thinks Palpatine's death was cool? Getting... "shafted" like that. HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Sorry. What about Porkin's? The guy who could barely fit in his X-Wing? The guy whose sheer mass plumetted his X-Wing down towards the Death Star's hull (if the Death Star even made some sort of gravitional field).
 LukeKatarn
04-24-2004, 7:43 PM
Originally posted by Doomgiver
I keep hearing people say Lucas would have given Palpy a better death if he had up-to-date technology back then. i wouldn't count on it, he likes killing of characters in a lame way. Remember how Boba Fett went down? Yes that was lame but boba did not die he comes back in the EU.
 Doomie
04-24-2004, 9:42 PM
But most of the EU is not part of lucas' vision of starwars, and he is the master of the universe. Maybe he really is dead.
 SkullHW™
04-24-2004, 11:06 PM
I love that one with the screaming gremlin stabbing mr Mcmoran. Wait isnt that Kilt Wars....acch, huuts!
 Curt-Man
04-26-2004, 12:47 AM
when obi wan owned maul was cool, just becuase it had awicked awesoe fight scene before it, ob wan is so cool
 Katarn07
04-27-2004, 9:55 PM
Great poll, Siv.

Obi-Wan's and Anakin's are definately the best way to go. Qui-Gon's was very sad, especially at the funeral when you see Jar Jar crying. If more people like Jar Jar, that scene may be one of the most touching in all of the saga.
 dark jedi 8
04-28-2004, 8:36 PM
Originally posted by Chase Windu
I completely forgot about Greedo's death. I thought that his death was pretty cool. Solo just shoots and walks off.

well GL fixed that. its still cool, but it makes greedo look like an unworthy bounty hunter even for han to shoot.
 sith_master2000
05-16-2004, 9:33 PM
When Qui-Gon got stabbed! That was the best! Maul just hit him then plunged his saber through his chest :slsaber: !
Page: 1 of 1