Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Bay Area Sam & Max Fans! Picket-Line Protest!

Page: 1 of 3
 Krash Kow
03-07-2004, 6:19 AM
I'm currently in the tentative stages of organizing a protest of Lucasarts officies in San Rafael, CA (I live in Santa Cruz, so picketing comes naturally to me). Target dates would be either March 19th or 22nd, but are somewhat flexible. Anybody interested should PM and E-Mail me (krashkow@aol.com). Let Lucasarts know how you feel!
 samandmaxfiend
03-07-2004, 6:36 AM
krash youre the man..make sure u take photos n stuff
 DarkPhobia
03-07-2004, 1:28 PM
can us (fans from overseas) help organize that protest in any way? i feel so helpless... emailing is not enough anymore...
 Brushguy
03-07-2004, 7:07 PM
I'd like to help, but I live nowhere near San Rafael, or California for that matter.

Do take some pictures. I'll put them on my website.

http://www.freewebs.com/savesamandmax)
 Krash Kow
03-07-2004, 9:11 PM
Originally posted by DarkPhobia
can us (fans from overseas) help organize that protest in any way? i feel so helpless... emailing is not enough anymore...

Two things you could do to help.

1) Send Lucasarts an actual lettr. E-Mails don't carry as much weight as posted letters. Here's an address for one of the managers (It's the same address as Lucasarts Prduct Support):

Mike Nelson
P.O. Box 10307
San Rafael, CA
USA

2) If there any any message boards you frequent that may have Americans on them who are interested, spread the word about the protest and link this thread.
 toenail1
03-07-2004, 10:39 PM
i live on the east coast, but give em hell for me

(and if all possible, make a sign that says "give me sam and max 2 or give me death!, and sign toenail1 at the bottom)
 Skinkie
03-08-2004, 1:51 AM
I'm just gonna say you might wanna do it sooner if you really want an impact, 3 weeks after the fact is a little late.
 Krash Kow
03-08-2004, 2:29 AM
I'd love to do it sooner, but I have a little thing called college finals to deal with over the next couple weeks.
 Skinkie
03-08-2004, 2:40 PM
Haha, I'm on Spring Break, in your face!
 BlueRockman
03-08-2004, 3:04 PM
I wish I could join the actual protest also, but I too, live on the East Coast. :(

One more person to raise hell over there for! >D
 Fred
03-08-2004, 3:31 PM
Originally posted by toenail1
give me sam and max 2 or give me death!
Do you not feel that you're over-reacting a little?
 Brushguy
03-08-2004, 5:33 PM
Krash Kow, be sure to print out the site picture from "Save Sam and Max" (that one picture on the "Home" page with all the screenshots behind it) several times on posterboard, and put the posters all over Lucasarts' building, cars in the parking lot, and in their general area.
 Dr Edison 007
03-08-2004, 8:14 PM
I've advertised the protest on imdb.com (on the Video Game board) and gamefaqs.com's PC board. Anything else I can do?
 jokemaster
03-08-2004, 8:45 PM
AW MAN! I don't live in California, but I want to protest. I already signed every petition I could find.
 Krash Kow
03-08-2004, 9:08 PM
Originally posted by Dr Edison 007
I've advertised the protest on imdb.com (on the Video Game board) and gamefaqs.com's PC board. Anything else I can do?

You're spreading the word and that's good enough. :D
 Sam&Max4ever
03-08-2004, 10:11 PM
I think its also VERY disrespectful, that LA hasnt said anything about the huge response, that canceling S&M for sure resulted in, that just proves it, LA DONT give sh*t about the people, the potentiel buyers, i AM boycoting LA forever, and i have started to hide any Star Wars game i can find in the shops ;)

SAVE SAM & MAX!
 jokemaster
03-08-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Sam&Max4ever
I think its also VERY disrespectful, that LA hasnt said anything about the huge response, that canceling S&M for sure resulted in, that just proves it, LA DONT give sh*t about the people, the potentiel buyers, i AM boycoting LA forever, and i have started to hide any Star Wars game i can find in the shops ;)

SAVE SAM & MAX!
I'll boycott if they don't realease an adventure game in 3 years.
 toenail1
03-08-2004, 11:11 PM
started to hide any Star Wars game i can find in the shops

YES! someone finally taking my ideas (not in a bad way though)

we should all do that!!! unfortunately i havent been in a gaming store in like a month, so i havent had an opportunity to do it yet

PS: did you think of that yourself, or read my post? if you made it by yourself, then it proves great minds think alike

PPS: krashkow, if you read my thread in the mainstream section (a big boost to that cause) i want you to know i meantion your picket line in there, if they post it up (just read my thread and you'll know what im talking about) it will be a GREAT boost to your picket
 jokemaster
03-08-2004, 11:23 PM
Heh, I once hid a bunch of Star Wars games behind Grim Fandango and Escape from Monkey Island. The store kicked me out :(
 Brushguy
03-09-2004, 3:29 PM
SyntheticGerbil, take a break from insulting people and calling them names. That's the only reason, you're here, right?
 Pork_Soda
03-09-2004, 7:29 PM
I hid all the Star Wars games brhind the curling games in the local Zellers, and no one was the wiser...
 Skinkie
03-10-2004, 4:12 AM
...curling? Who made that a sport?
 Krash Kow
03-10-2004, 9:36 AM
Originally posted by Skinkie
...curling? Who made that a sport?[/i]

Originally posted by SyntheticGerbil
Probably women or some ****.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :D

I'm not entirly sure why I found that hilarious, I just did.
 toenail1
03-10-2004, 7:28 PM
hey krash kow, if you read my post "a big boost to the cause" then you'll see that Aaron Williams of www.nodwick.com) says he will post the info i sent him about the petitions and stuff INCLUDING YOUR PICKET LINE!!! maybe you'll get some more people because of it
 Pork_Soda
03-10-2004, 7:57 PM
I know this is a bit of a stretch, but maybe you could put a little ad in the local paper to help generate more support for the rally?
 Krash Kow
03-10-2004, 8:42 PM
Originally posted by Pork_Soda
I know this is a bit of a stretch, but maybe you could put a little ad in the local paper to help generate more support for the rally?

Hmmm...Possibly...I gotta see what my budget will pheasably allow.
 tgies
03-11-2004, 2:59 AM
I'm gonna advertise this on Gamespy. Hoo yeah. You'll get a lot of activity out of that.
 Skinkie
03-11-2004, 3:41 AM
I belive the phrase your looking for is Booyah... boo.
 Samnmax221
03-14-2004, 12:13 AM
Just post an ad in the paper

you'll get all the people on well fare to show up just because they like to complain
 Sam&Max4ever
03-17-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by toenail1
YES! someone finally taking my ideas (not in a bad way though)

we should all do that!!! unfortunately i havent been in a gaming store in like a month, so i havent had an opportunity to do it yet

PS: did you think of that yourself, or read my post? if you made it by yourself, then it proves great minds think alike

PPS: krashkow, if you read my thread in the mainstream section (a big boost to that cause) i want you to know i meantion your picket line in there, if they post it up (just read my thread and you'll know what im talking about) it will be a GREAT boost to your picket

I thought of it myself ;) and yes equal kids plays best :) I have also hidden Armed and Dangerous ;) So no LA game other than the adventure kind, cant rest easy Muahahahahaha :)

We shall never surrender...
 Jake
03-19-2004, 8:04 PM
So is there a picket line? Is this going to happen or what? :)
 Udvarnoky
03-19-2004, 8:38 PM
Yeah, seriously, have you guys insured that more than three people will be there? This could be great if it works out.
 Chron-O-John
03-19-2004, 8:47 PM
If there is going to be a protest in CA, how many people are going to show up, I hope it doesn't turn out to be a joke and end up having only like 20 people there. Hopefully, there are a lot of fans in Cali that are willing to participate in this event. If it turns out the way I would of want it to, Then send me pics!!! Unfortunately I am unable to attend this event because of my residence as an east coaster...:(
 Brushguy
03-19-2004, 9:01 PM
Today was supposed to be one of the two days...
Talk to us KrashKow!

:(
 samandmaxfiend
03-19-2004, 9:41 PM
maybe lucasarts got 2 him.. anyway..the next protest is gonna be at E3!! im sure a lot more people can get 2 that...
 Pork_Soda
03-19-2004, 10:27 PM
Why do most of the sam and max fans come from the east coast? It seems kinda odd.

Anyways, yeah, I wanna see what happened to that protest!
 Krash Kow
03-19-2004, 11:39 PM
Hey folks. It's is I. I've had to postpone the protest until monday. However, I may end up being the only fellow out there. Almost all of the e-mails have come from out-of-staters giving me support (which is cool). Not many in the bay area seem to be biting.
 Brushguy
03-20-2004, 12:26 AM
Put an ad in the San Rafael newspaper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You've gotta get more than 1 person (yourself) out there! :rolleyes:
 hi8is
03-21-2004, 1:00 AM
you shouldnt do it if you are the only one
 Krash Kow
03-21-2004, 5:15 AM
Alright folks, a severe complication has arisen in the whole picketing plan. Today I mounted a reconnaissance mission to San Rafael to get a lay of the place and figure out good meeting points, good places to leave cars and most of all, figure the best spot to picket at Lucasarts headquarters. Using the direction I had to the Lucasarts Main Office, I found myself in a posh residential neighborhood, with home behind gates and such. I followed the road (Summit Ave.) all the way until it became another road and dumped out at Dominican University. I kept searching for quite a while, but to no avail. It seems that the address of Lucasarts HQ is a decoy. Needless to say, I’m quite frustrated by this.
With this in mind, I’m going to have to call the protest a wash for the time being. I’ve contacted Steve Purcell and asked him for Lucasarts’ offices address, but he seemed reticent when it came to revealing the location (perhaps a condidentiality clause?) With this in mind, if anyone has any suggestions about where to go from here, I’m listening. If you know where to go, let me know. Or, if anyone has any other ideas about how to take the fight to Lucasarts, I’m all ears. I’m sorry about all this folks. Guess it’s back to the drawing board. Again, contact me if you have any info or suggestions.
~Mike Smith
 Lump&Bump
03-21-2004, 6:39 PM
I feel like we're at war here. I'll get the tanks; let's take these suckers down!

Any who, you'd think you'd check if the office was there first. Gathering rabid fans in a residential area would've been a disaster. Think about the children! :eek:
 Chron-O-John
03-21-2004, 7:50 PM
When and where is this E3 being held
 Jester
03-21-2004, 10:36 PM
May 12 to 14th, in a little town called Los Angeles.
 Brushguy
03-21-2004, 10:46 PM
:eek:
So the address was a fake!
:rolleyes:
 Udvarnoky
03-21-2004, 11:30 PM
Wait, you guys actually think that a LucasArts company exists?!

HAHAHAHAHAHA! You guys will fall for anything, I swear.
 RichC
03-22-2004, 3:24 AM
So I guess the picket line fell through? Damn, I was really looking forward to pictures. Anyway, I guess the next thing to do is gather everybody for E3. One problem: E3 isn't open to the public. You have to be industry to register and attend. Anybody have any industry contacts that would be willing to take a lot of flak for allowing a bunch of pissed off geeks to register? If we can't enter, we can always just congregate in front of the LA Convention center with T-Shirts. I think the "Save Max" image has already been uploaded to cafepress. Someone better informed and connected than I should step up and take charge of the E3 Event.
 Jester
03-22-2004, 3:38 AM
Being "in the industry" isn't too hard.
 Dr Edison 007
03-22-2004, 9:53 AM
It seems that the address of Lucasarts HQ is a decoy.

Okay, so were has the hate mail fans sent been going to?
 Krash Kow
03-22-2004, 12:15 PM
Good news folks. I was just given new directions to Lucasarts headquarters and I think the protest is a go again. However, I'm on spring break and no longer in town. I will use this time to plan, however. I will be getting everyone more details. I really want to make this work and now I have the tools to do it. I'll update this thread as soon as I have more info. New date wouldn't be for at least another week and a half though. Sorry for the big SNAFU this has been, but I'll try and rectify it.
 Krash Kow
03-22-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Dr Edison 007
Okay, so were has the hate mail fans sent been going to?

The right place. The headquarters address I got was off of switchboard.com, and they were oh so incredibly inaccurate. Hmmm...I wonder if they were using switchboard.com when looking for WMDs in Iraq?

Hehe! I'm being topical! :D
Page: 1 of 3