Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Graves's Dante model.

Page: 1 of 1
 -=DarkZero=-
03-07-2004, 2:38 AM
What exactly do I have to take out in the skin file to get rid of his robe?
 graves
03-09-2004, 4:32 PM
You have to add a "model_default.surf" in the models/players/dante dir and add these lines to it.

loadmodel
surfoff "hips_coat"

That should work:D
 -=DarkZero=-
03-10-2004, 12:03 AM
Thanks man !:D Hey, do you have msn, cause I'm looking for a modelling partner to get my models in game.

Edit: It diden't work ;)
 graves
03-10-2004, 1:51 AM
oh, there should be a tab after the "surfoff" Check the existing surf files in the pk3 to see what i mean.

I have AIM, check your pm
 -=DarkZero=-
03-10-2004, 2:39 AM
What do I do with it? Should I delete it?
 graves
03-10-2004, 4:38 AM
GAH! i meant before the surfoff sry:eek:

loadmodel
------->surfoff "hips_coat"
 -=DarkZero=-
03-10-2004, 5:18 AM
Lol, Alright. I got it to work, but there's a problem, the hair isen't exactly normal, and it comes up as like, I don't know, ....it doesen't have it's edges lol. And I never got your PM, my PMing system thing doesen't really work anymore ;_;
 graves
03-10-2004, 2:03 PM
Yeah i know, that was when i was just figuring out how to use transparencies. The blank areas on the tga have zero color info (i erased it at 100%) Thats why the edges look white. What i do now is erase the transparent area with an eraser set on 90% so that there is still 10% left.

I guess if you want to fix it you could open it in photoshop and add a very light gray layer under the hair. (so that it blends in with the rest of the hair) then clear that layer so that it's left with about 10% opacity.
 -=DarkZero=-
03-10-2004, 7:17 PM
Alright, I'll try it when I do the reskin, thanks. :)
Page: 1 of 1