Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Starting asteroids_ded with cheats?

Page: 1 of 1
 AIVAS
03-06-2004, 1:13 AM
as the title said, I want to start an asteroids server with cheats, so people can try the falcon.

What do I put in server.cfg to make it start with cheats?
 AIVAS
03-06-2004, 1:20 AM
ALSO, i start a server with asteroids_ded, then i start up ja normally (not asteroids.bat) and look for it in the in game browser, nadda
 Amidala from Chop Shop
03-06-2004, 2:41 AM
In server.cfg, change

map mp/asteroids

to

devmap mp/asteroids

Look for your server under Local. Make sure the browser is set to show all Games, all Gametypes, and Empty Servers: Yes.
 AIVAS
03-06-2004, 2:49 AM
Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop
In server.cfg, change

map mp/asteroids

to

devmap mp/asteroids
thank you!

Look for your server under Local. Make sure the browser is set to show all Games, all Gametypes, and Empty Servers: Yes. ...... DOH!!

:eek: :D Thanks again.
 AIVAS
03-06-2004, 3:15 AM
Also, when i connect to my server, it says I'm banned, how did that happen? or how can I fix it?
 Amidala from Chop Shop
03-06-2004, 3:32 AM
Originally posted by AIVAS
Also, when i connect to my server, it says I'm banned, how did that happen? or how can I fix it?
:laughing:

OMG, I'm sorry *wipes eyes*

You're banned from your own server? You must have been very very naughty! :laughing: sorry *hehe*

Wow, that's a new one on me.

Hmmm, let's see. Start your server up, in the console check that g_filterban is 1. If it's 0, then /set g_filterban 1 and change it in your server.cfg.

If g_filterban is 1, then do /listip to see if there are any IP addresses listed there. If so use /removeip <whatever> or I think /removeip all works too.
 Crow_Nest
03-06-2004, 3:51 AM
Originally posted by AIVAS

ROFLMAO!!!!!

You must have made your server very mad :rofl:
 AIVAS
03-06-2004, 5:42 AM
I just booted it up nothing wrong, btw, expect to be falcon lamed once or twice when you connect to the server, then call it even.

ALSO, my server shows up on local but not internet, will other people still be able to join it?
 AIVAS
03-06-2004, 6:16 AM
Ok, got everything working, except my server doesn't show up on ASE, It's liable to be up, who knows how long after I post this, but it might come up again later, not sureof the ip, but the server name is asteroids cheats, if someone could find this server, tell me please.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
03-06-2004, 7:56 AM
I don't see it, but maybe you took it down.

If the server is not visible on the Internet (assuming you used the sample server.cfg included with the Asteroids Mod) it is most likely due to a firewall\router problem.

Turn off software firewalls like ZoneAlarm, and open ports 29060 to 29062 and 29070 to 29081.

Your server will always be Local to you (because you are connecting locally to it) even when others see it under Internet. For the same reason, on ASE it won't be in the Internet section, it will be under Special-> LAN servers to you.

The next time you have it up, go to www.whatismyIP.com) and find out what your IP address is and post it here. Then we can look for it by IP address.
Page: 1 of 1