Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

changing taunt sounds....

Page: 1 of 1
 saurumonk
03-05-2004, 5:54 PM
i am currently wanting to change the cultist taunt and flourish to reborns and try to keep the laughs from the gloating how would I go about doing that in the pk3 so everyone can here it ? or is that even possible ?
 Ziechel
03-08-2004, 7:24 PM
Everybody can hear it when they have your finished skin.

extract the cultist model to your desktop (or wherever u want) and edit your own sound files with a program like COOL EDIT (there is a trial software for 30 days or like that) and then simply put them to your skin.(in an own direction called "SOUNDS").

Now open the sounds.cfg of the skin and remove whatever stands there.
Put your own sounds there then. (instead of cultist1m change it to the name of your skin for example SKIN1m)

Now you have models/players/cultist and other things like ext_data (when you created an own bot) and the directory sounds. Zip them up with winzip and chose the name, for example owncultist.pk3. Now put them in your gamedata/base directory and it should work. (and by the way you can reskin the cultist when you want as long as it isnt in the final pk3)

I hope all this wasnt for nothing and you are a beginner with skinning. If you arent, sry but that should be enough to tell you how it works with the sounds.
 saurumonk
03-08-2004, 8:38 PM
not talkin bout hearing the sounds when they have my skin... im talking about swapping up the taunts with another characters taunts so they will still be able to hear them without dl a skin for it....technically they already have those sounds in their assets.pk3 so why not be able to rearrange them instead of hearing the defaults of kyle or chick...
 [FotF]Maddog
03-09-2004, 12:39 AM
I wrote a short tutorial on custom sounds and such and it is available at www.jedimoves.com) or directly at http://www.jedimovesfiles.com/site/files/center/how/customtaunts.html)
I hope this helps and if not good luck.
:mad: Dog
 Ziechel
03-09-2004, 12:19 PM
oh maddog yours is bit better then mine ;) i ll take a look at that too
Page: 1 of 1