Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Multiplayer ("protocol 25 error when joining")

Page: 1 of 1
 Ka1-E1
03-04-2004, 9:26 PM
I'm having trouble joining games in multiplayer mode. The first time I got a message that said that I needed to upgrade to a newer version, and I did it. Now I get a message that says "user using protocol 25". What the heck does this mean, and where do I download it from?
 [ASJN] Balboa
03-05-2004, 2:19 AM
protocal version 25 normally means that the server your attempting to join uses a previous patch or with ja, no patch at all. you should still be able to join other servers that have the patch though. most do.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
03-05-2004, 6:21 AM
Originally posted by Ka1-E1
I'm having trouble joining games in multiplayer mode. The first time I got a message that said that I needed to upgrade to a newer version, and I did it. Now I get a message that says "user using protocol 25". What the heck does this mean, and where do I download it from? You haven't successfully upgraded. If you did, you would be using protocol 26, not 25.

Try downloading and applying the patch again. If it still doesn't work, uninstall, re-install, apply the patch.
 Crow_Nest
03-05-2004, 6:47 AM
You could have installed the patch into the wrong folder by mistake, or the file was damaged while downloading.
Page: 1 of 1