Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Do you use Usenet?

Page: 1 of 1
 txa1265
03-02-2004, 4:48 PM
Eons ago, when I still connected to BBS's over dialup, Usenet was my primary mode of communications ... I bemoaned the coming of web forums. You'd have to manage 20 web pages rather than one list of 20 groups ... bandwidth issues, and so on.

Of course it is all true ... and worse. I still manage to keep track of a list of newsgroups. It was help I gave to a Jedi Outcast beginner (just got the game) today that mad me wonder if people here are Usenet aware?

Or is it yet another way in which I show my fossilitude? ;)

Mike
 ExcelsioN
03-02-2004, 4:51 PM
I don't use it...but then again I've never heard of it.
 Uber_Saber
03-02-2004, 5:19 PM
You're just old, is all. *Dances around in such a manner as to make the old feller feel even older*
 Black Knight of Keno
03-02-2004, 5:38 PM
Hootie the worm says: huh? (http://kotisivu.mtv3.fi/teo.kuusela/huh.jpg)
Yeah, You're just so old... Someone lease translate what this fossil said *Someone translates* Thank you... Yeah, You're so old...
 toms
03-03-2004, 10:26 AM
it used to be the only thing worth using back in uni days, but i haven't really used it in years. I'm surprised that there still seem to be a lot of people using it though.
 Sivy
03-03-2004, 10:31 AM
never used it myself but i've heard of it.
 txa1265
03-03-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by toms
it used to be the only thing worth using back in uni days, but i haven't really used it in years. I'm surprised that there still seem to be a lot of people using it though. I don't know if that is good or bad. I spend more time on web forums now, but it is all much less efficient than the old 1 work email, 1 personal email, and a bunch of usenet groups days ...

Mike
Page: 1 of 1