Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What Star Wars novels are you reading?

Page: 1 of 1
 techmedic007
03-02-2004, 10:58 AM
Hi

Im a big fan of the SW novels and was wondering if anybody else is?

If so what are you reading now?

Im about 3/4 through with the Han Solo Adventures written by Brian Daley. Next is probably going to be Tattoine Ghost or the next novel in the NJO series.
 leXX
03-04-2004, 12:32 AM
I'm really into the Star Wars and Star Wars Republic comics. I'm currently reading the Clone Wars TPB volumes 1, 2 & 3, but I have all of them from issue #19, as well as loads of other Star Wars comics including Shadows of the Empire, Dark Empire, Tales of the Jedi and the original ANH, ESB and ROTJ.

I'm not really into the books, although I do have The Approaching Storm which I haven't got around to reading yet.
 Writer
03-04-2004, 12:56 AM
I'm reading through the Jedi Quest series whenever I go over to babysit for this one family. They have #s 2-4 and I'm almost done with 3.
 topshot
03-04-2004, 2:00 AM
I'm trying to finish reading Star by Star, in the NJO series. I kind of like it.
 Miko Reglia
03-07-2004, 6:27 AM
Lol, like Topshot, I too am also reading "Star by Star"

I've read all the past NJO novels before this one too...so yeah, I think the series has been real good, despite a few important details...
 sosus
03-07-2004, 7:37 AM
I just finished "cloak of deception", it was one of the best books I have ever read. The political intrigue was great. THis book takes place immediatly before EP1, and sets up the movie very well.
 Pie™
03-07-2004, 5:01 PM
I have Jedi Apprentice 1-4 xD

I've also read Shadows of the Empire...
I liked it :)
 swphreak
03-08-2004, 10:23 AM
I've read them all most of them. NJO is my favorite.

Just finished TUF a few days ago.
 Sivy
03-08-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by sosus
I just finished "cloak of deception", it was one of the best books I have ever read. The political intrigue was great. THis book takes place immediatly before EP1, and sets up the movie very well.
I agree, Cloak of Deception and Darth Maul : Shadow Hunter sets up Ep I beautifully

Originally posted by leXX
I do have The Approaching Storm which I haven't got around to reading yet.
not a bad book, it gives you abit of an insight into the events leading up to Ep II.

I'm too hate NJO, i believe they are written by people trying to turn star wars into star trek, and i don't like star trek.
 Autobot Traitor
03-21-2004, 6:38 PM
Bounty Hunters Wars- you can never go wrong with boba fett...unless it's episode2.
 Gukkjo
04-04-2004, 6:19 PM
I've just read Star Wars Galaxies: the Ruins of Dantooine. It's ok, you'll probably like it if you like the game. I like the game so I like the book. For $8 it's not bad.
 VanLingo
04-07-2004, 7:49 AM
I've read all of the Bantam books except -- Splinter of the Mind's Eye.

And once Del Rey got a hold of the priveleges, it all went to shambles. I read the first few NJO books -- the whole series sucks.

My all-time favorites are Ann Crispin's Han Solo Trilogy, I, Jedi, by Mike Stackpole, and The Courtship of Princess Leia, by Dave Wolverton.

-- Lingo
 Mountainforest
04-19-2004, 5:39 PM
All I can get my hands on.
 Woad
04-22-2004, 7:02 PM
Read the Wraith books, while certainly not the best (That would be Thrawn Trilogy in my humble opinion) they are definatley the most fun.
 StormHammer
04-25-2004, 7:28 AM
I have quite a few of the Star Wars novels, but when it hit the NJO stuff I stopped reading.

I haven't read a Star Wars novel in over a year.
 Deeo
04-25-2004, 7:52 AM
Funny, I heard the New Jedi Order books are actually pretty good.

I'm about 1/4 way into Heir of the Empire. This is like my 6th reading it and plan on reading the entire Thrawn Trilogy again before summer. Whee.
 yaebginn
05-11-2004, 6:59 PM
For me, its not what I have read, but what I havent read. I own most of the books, and have read all but a few. The ones I havent read are Survivor's Quest, The last half of the Jedi Apprentice Series, Jedi Quest series, that Dantooine book based on Star Wars Galaxies, and that's about it.
Page: 1 of 1